Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Dew

• 14-07-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anywhere over here that sells it?

I tasted in in Canada, and I have such a craving. It's like this lovely equilibrium between SevenUp and Rock Shandy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Is there anywhere over here that sells it?

I tasted in in Canada, and I have such a craving. It's like this lovely equilibrium between SevenUp and Rock Shandy.
    Mountain Dew used to be an absolute obsession for Pighead. As a kid he used to spend a week in the summertime up in Armagh and drank the glorious Mountain Dew by the bucketload. Absolutely loved the stuff. That was when Pighead was about 12.

Hadn't had it for about 15 years, then went to America, bought Mountain Dew, got really really excited, drank.....and :( . It was just ok and actually got a bit sickening towards the end. Not sure if they changed the flavour slightly or it was just Pigheads palette that had changed over the years. Either way it was a hugely disappointed moment in Pighheads life.

To answer your question The Minister, head for Newry.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Can you get it in a supermarket or what? where is the minister in newry?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yep. Drank alot of it in Saudi Arabia. Know what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I had a lot in America.

And theyre bringing out a new flavour, I don't know it yet, but its like a vote

See if you can buy some on the Internet, or if you have a friend in the states, they could mail it to ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

there was someone else looking for it here as well about a month or two ago but i can't find the thread. I think they had found one or two places in ireland and dublin that sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

An Asian shop on Moore st opposite the ilac center sells 2Ltr bottles, and another Asian shop on Parnell st close to burger king sells cans.

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

CombatCow wrote: »
    An Asian shop on Moore st opposite the ilac center sells 2Ltr bottles, and another Asian shop on Parnell st close to burger king sells cans.

CC

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Is the stuff in the asian shops the same as the stuff in the us? cause i got some mountain dew in spain and it was horrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

karlr42 wrote: »
    No this thread was posted over a month ago,i just posted today in it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Is the stuff in the asian shops the same as the stuff in the us? cause i got some mountain dew in spain and it was horrible

Just a guess but it could be the corn syrup in the US drink rather than sugar/sweeteners used in the stuff bottled elsewhere..

If you really need the US stuff you can get it here:

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_pmet3/xlc_1181/xdbc_mt%20dew/dbtc_1/pic_1/add_custsearch/stc_0/scope_short#1181

The shipping is reasonable, or you can visit the shop in London,like im doing next month :P

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭thesto

CombatCow wrote: »

CC

hey CC, i went to both these places today, the shop on parnell st is called "madina" ??

anyway, neither of these places had it in stock and were unsure as to whether theyd be getting it back in!

anywhere else you can suggest i try?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

You want Canada Dry. Now that's a man's drink. Except you can't get it here either:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I prefer crab juice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

You can't get Canada Dry in Ireland anymore???

You could in the 80's!!

Who knows, now that the recession is on it might once again be "session on" for Canada Dry in Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

ixoy wrote: »
    I prefer crab juice :)

Mmm..nothing washes down a nice Krau-Kalash like a good can of crab juice;)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭kerno

Cant get it here..But its bad for ure balls.. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nero182

Going to Dublin 2moz for a few gigs staying very near the centre of Dublin! Any ideas where I can pick some off this up? I love the stuff!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Parnell street seems to be your best bet... which I didn't know. Well trying there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

apparently a philipino shop on capel st sells it.i never checked it out though.i ordered a crate of it off ebay.was just over 20 quid, less than a euro a can anyways.was worth every penny.delish!

Advertisement