Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking the car for free in Bray or Kilmacanogue?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of cycling into work in Loughlinstown as part of a loose the fat drive!
    However living in Annamoe, that's going to be a step to far, at least initially.
    Someone in the fitness forum suggested driving halfway and then cycling the rest which seems like a good idea.
    Roughly halfway for me would be somewhere between Kilmacanogue and Bray probably, at least that seems doable to me on the bike.
    So, can anyone recommend somewhere safe and free to park the car during the day while I'm in work?

Thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Supercell wrote: »
    I'm thinking of cycling into work in Loughlinstown as part of a loose the fat drive!
    However living in Annamoe, that's going to be a step to far, at least initially.
    Someone in the fitness forum suggested driving halfway and then cycling the rest which seems like a good idea.
    Roughly halfway for me would be somewhere between Kilmacanogue and Bray probably, at least that seems doable to me on the bike.
    So, can anyone recommend somewhere safe and free to park the car during the day while I'm in work?

Thanks.

Pub in kilmac, or the church community area.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

pirelli wrote: »
    Pub in kilmac, or the church community area.
    The Glencormac Inn car park in Kilmac doesn't usually open until 10am in my experience, so no go there. The church has a reasonably big car park, but I'm not sure whether they'd like people using it regularly as a 'park and ride' though. Some walkers and cyclists use it at the weekend and they don't seem to have any problem with that as long as you don't overdo it however.

Another option could be the Avoca hand weavers car park but I'm not sure when they open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Carpark at the end of the promenade in Bray (far end from the Head) is free, as is some of the roadside parking between that carpark and Katie Gallagher's along the Prom.

I'm not entirely sure, but afaik, the carpark at Woodies on the Southern Cross Route is free, but you might want to check or maybe someone will confirm either way. If you don't already know where it is, take the exit after Kilmac (signposted for Greystones, Bray South and services).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks Mike those sound like the best options, will scope them out this weekend.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement