Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XIII on Xbox 360

Options
  • 14-07-2008 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭

Just announced at E3. I didn't see that coming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I know! A BIG WTF from me! What with the new Star Ocean coming out for XBox360 too, and all those other RPGs I'm missing (like Blue Dragon), I may have to get an XBox360. I'll still be playing FFXIII on PS3 though!

The Last Remnant is coming to PC which I'm happy about.

I'd say this is all to do with Square Enix profits waning this year. Maybe the new Star Ocean will no longer be an XBox360 exclusive as well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It'll probably be crap anyway. The PS3 still has Valkyrie of the Battlefield and Level 5's White Knight Story which look far more interesting. I think what Square Enix needs to do is to concentrate on pumping out AAA titles instead of piss poor games and poor franchises out of FFVII. The world ends with you is a big step in the right direction but keeping Front Mission 5, their only decent game in years in japan was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

FF with achievements! I really hope XIII is return to form, I haven't been completely addicted to an FF game since X.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thats a huge move by Square, but makes financial sense. Any word on any difference between them? joint release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't seen anything on White Knight Story since it was announced a couple of years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭davidtobin100

Story seems to be a simultaneous release on both platforms in Europe and the US. Still will get the PS3 version - other than MGS4 it's the only thing I bought one for! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

this s*cks!:D but not that surprised tho...wait...now i have to sell my ps3 asap i finish mgs4...

lol it's like a crush on the ps3 market.wouldnt be surprise konami follow this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah big news, even if I am beginning to care less and less about FF. Strange to see the exclusivity fade after this long. Has been a PS exclusive for as long as I can remember (wasn't around for the NES SNES days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭matthew26

Great. More reasons to buy a 360. My wallet's about to cry already.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Haven't seen anything on White Knight Story since it was announced a couple of years back.

There was some CG cutscenes released a good while back. Other than that I've heard not to expect it until well into 2009. Still with Level 5's track record I'm holding out for it being a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Maddzy wrote: »

All Hail King Nerd!!!! :P

i really hope that guy is joking :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    i really hope that guy is joking :confused:

I actually don't think he is. What a fool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Maddzy wrote: »
    They should really put that video on the Samaritans website with the tag line "Things could be worse, you could be this guy".

I bet mammy doesn't let him near the alcohol.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

She probably gave out to him for shouting after he made that video as well.

"No more sugar after 6 for you, Edgar. It makes you to hyperactive."

Good grief. That guy reminded me of an uber-geeky friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's actually a wind-up. He's a mod at Something Awful and has prior. Do a you-tube search for Smash Brothers nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Kiith wrote: »
    Thats a huge move by Square, but makes financial sense.

Makes financial sense for my wallet, as now I wont have to buy a PS3 if the game turns out any good.

• Advertisement

True. It's a good thing for 360 owners. Now, why can't they simply release it on all platforms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I know there's very little chance...but possible...even if it's only 1% for some sort of online function on it???

Hopefully. A lot of games come out with some sort of online play function these days so I don't think there's any reason for Square Enix not to consider it.

matthew26 wrote: »
    Hopefully. A lot of games come out with some sort of online play function these days so I don't think there's any reason for Square Enix not to consider it.

I feel an online function would be just tacked on for a single player JRPG. They shouldn't bother wasting resources on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

maybe for some sort of mini game??? honestly wouldn't you of played blitzball online against some people??? or the card game from 8??? It could be a nice distraction once your finished

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Miskin_12

Apparently it's coming out for the pc aswell.

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=072308_6

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Miskin_12 wrote: »
    Apparently it's coming out for the pc aswell.

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=072308_6

If they do i hope its a good port this time, including the mouse in the controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Miskin_12

whoops. Turns out it being on pc was a misunderstanding.

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=072508_7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

I heard about this earlier and I think its great news. I just can't understand the logic of fan boys. Universal platform releases can only be good for the consumer. I bought a 360 after the debacle that was the PS3 lauch fiasco, delayed, overpriced and renaging on backward compatibility. I would have eventually bought a PS3 to play FFXIII, Tekken 6, SoulCalibur IV and Virtua Fighter 5. Thankfully these games are/will be released on both platforms saving me money. I have no problem with BioShock ect being released on the P.S.3. The only thing that could possibly convince me to buy a P.S.3 now is if the hypothetical Suikoden VI was a Sony exclusive.(I never really got into the M.G.S. franchise.)
    All that said my hopes for F.F.XIII are not massively high. The franchise has degenerated since FFX-2 and I can't stand the new battle system Square-Enix use. Lost Odyssey was more akin to a F.F. game than FFXI or FFXII, for obvious reasons.

Listening to all those idotic fan boys complaining on youtube and gamespot had me in stiches. Whats the point in brand loyalty?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭BleedTheF!FtH

Meh.. I dont think it will do well.
    Most people i know with a 360 have already packed it in and bought a ps3,
    microsoft are far too greedy.
    We dont need to get into this whole console war bull****, but like lets be honest, what good games are coming out that are exclusive to 360?.
    Like.. come on..

Advertisement