Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LF Realm: PVP A:H ratio 1.0? pref high pop

Options
  • 14-07-2008 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to emigrate from my current server because since transferring from Outland to Stormscale I found it very quiet and discovered recently you can check the alliance:horde ratio and only 12% of the characters on my realm are alliance.

Burning legion is the busiest european english speaking pvp realm and had seemed to be the clear choice with an alliance population of 9,715 - 53% and a horde population of 8,743 - 47% (http://www.warcraftrealms.com/eu_realmstats.php). This would of course mean queuing daily but I'm willing to pay that price for the arena and raid guild choice and a thriving economy because this makes it much easier to farm AH.

Today I read lots of complaints on the Burning Legion realm forum from people upset at the high use of the polish language in game and I'm suddenly unsure about my immigration there.

Thoughts comments and suggestions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I only have a level 16 mage on the server, but I definitely got pissed off by the amount of non-english chat going on. My €0.02. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

AARON!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    I only have a level 16 mage on the server, but I definitely got pissed off by the amount of non-english chat going on. My €0.02. :pac:

Enough that you no longer play there or are considering a transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

That site has got to be flawed. It says my realm has 92% horde and 8% alliance.

I knew horde out numbered alliance here but thats seems a bit too much.

Schism wrote: »
    That site has got to be flawed. It says my realm has 92% horde and 8% alliance.

I knew horde out numbered alliance here but thats seems a bit too much.

Their methods are sound. They only display the server population when they have enough people on the server using their software to be accurate. On the Outland realm they don't display anything because they don't have enough people using it to make an estimate. With 8% alliance on your server are worse off than I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Wookie5

Try Bloodfeather m8.. loads of Irish players there.. good mix of Horde and Alliance. AH is very active and alot of the guilds have progressed to sunwell.. All in all a great server I've been playin on bloodfeather for the last two yeras with no complaints.

Wookie5 wrote: »
    Try Bloodfeather m8.. loads of Irish players there.. good mix of Horde and Alliance.

81% Alliance http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=504&factionid=-1&minlevel=10&maxlevel=70&servertypeid=2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

LA3G wrote: »
    Enough that you no longer play there or are considering a transfer?

To the extent that I wasn't bothered trying to level him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Their methods are sound. They only display the server population when they have enough people on the server using their software to be accurate. On the Outland realm they don't display anything because they don't have enough people using it to make an estimate. With 8% alliance on your server are worse off than I am.

Thats why I'm saying its flawed though because I would never have said it was so biased on my server.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

will some kind eprson check the ratio of players on my realm please,

EU Laughing Skull.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

copeyhagen wrote: »

EU Laughing Skull.

thanks

Laughing Skull 09/05CETPVP1,442 (19%) 6,017 (81%)1:2.17,459

Sargeras has a 1:0 ratio, but only 7k players in total.

Aegwynn has a pretty much 1:0 ratio with 14k players. Both are pvp too.

cheers mate. is that 81% alliance?

nah 81% horde

ah thats grand cheers!

pitty in out battlegrou we lose 90% of av.

Dude I linked the website in the first post of this thread!
    Anti wrote: »
    nah 81% horde

ah thats grand cheers!

Wouldn't you be happier if it was 50/50? I don't understand how anyone can't want this unless they can't PVP.
    Sargeras has a 1:0 ratio, but only 7k players in total.

Aegwynn has a pretty much 1:0 ratio with 14k players. Both are pvp too.

Aegwynn is a German language realm and Sargeras is French.

Yeah i know, i was just stating they are the only 2 i can find that are pvp with decent ratios.

Dude I linked the website in the first post of this thread!
    Wouldn't you be happier if it was 50/50? I don't understand how anyone can't want this unless they can't PVP.
    Aegwynn is a German language realm and Sargeras is French.

1. firstly, as i have stated at the start of nearly every post i make "i cant check it in work", i didnt think that needed explaining.

2. course more even balanced would be better, been thinking of moving to a busier realm for a while. not mad about the idea of queue times just to log in, especially with a connection that drops once or twice a night.

im just glad theres more horde than alliance, although the horde seems to be getting more popular now with 12 year olds. theyre moving away from alliance it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

warcraftrealms is a horrible indicator of population.

For example, according to it my server is 100% horde.....

Do not use it for any kind of meaningful balance stats.

Yeah i know, i was just stating they are the only 2 i can find that are pvp with decent ratios.

Frostmane is 60/40 and they speak English mostly so I'll go with that.
    1. firstly, as i have stated at the start of nearly every post i make "i cant check it in work", i didnt think that needed explaining.

You didn't state it in your only post in this thread so yes it needs explaining if you don't explain it. It's cool that you're employer lets you use boards.ie but not other generic websites!
    WellyJ wrote: »
    warcraftrealms is a horrible indicator of population.

For example, according to it my server is 100% horde.....

Do not use it for any kind of meaningful balance stats.

If it says your server is 100% horde it also says in big red letters "There are too few Alliance and Horde entries for this realm to give reliable results! Please help today by submitting data for this realm! Find out more about how to help here!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Probably a better indication would be to roll a level 1 on server and ask in trade what the servers like tbh.

• Advertisement

Probably a better indication would be to roll a level 1 on server and ask in trade what the servers like tbh.

and be bombarded with spam probably!! i use a add on called census plus which scans all players for horde or alliance. i wadnt at home last night ill check it tonight to see if the ls numbers are accurate.

You didn't state it in your only post in this thread so yes it needs explaining if you don't explain it. It's cool that you're employer lets you use boards.ie but not other generic websites!

Yeh but its pretty obvious, the post was at 10.16, im hardly just some lazy sh1te that couldnt be arsed to check it myself. common sense...

Yeh its pretty lame that websense allows boards but blocks the majority of sites in work, apart from a few decent wow related ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeh its pretty lame that websense allows boards but blocks the majority of sites in work, apart from a few decent wow related ones.
    At least you get some of those Warcraft related sites. What i wouldnt give to be able to get onto wowwiki.com, if only just for the lore. I can get on boards though, so mindless spamming of threads ftw! :pac:

Yes I'm doing that too. I've created a level 1 auctioneer alt so I can scan their AH for a few weeks before moving.
    i use a add on called census plus which scans all players for horde or alliance. i wadnt at home last night ill check it tonight to see if the ls numbers are accurate.

Yes census plus is where my source www.warcraftrealms.com get their data, in fact it's their software. http://www.warcraftrealms.com/censusplus.php. Unfortunately I've already started leveling an alt so I can't check the horde side and it will take more than 1 scan to make a substantial difference in the estimate confidence anyway.
    Yeh but its pretty obvious, the post was at 10.16, im hardly just some lazy sh1te that couldnt be arsed to check it myself. common sense...

It really really wasn't obvious. You could easily be lazy, I don't know you and there are lots of lazy computer people around.

touche!

Ivan or Anti any chance we can post up "work safe" links so those of us that cannot access the majority of sites?

How do we know what sites you can and cant view? Only thing we could do is wait for you to reply and then paste the info if needed. Or you could just use a proxy or learn to tunnel ;) You'd probbaly get sacked depending if your IT department are run by a bunch of anal twats.

what i emant was is it ok for me to post up all the links to other sites i can access from work, or would that be frowned upon!!

I woundn't know. Probably best you Pm ivan with the sites and let him decide i suppose.

PM FRIENDS FOREVER

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We could probably have a sticky with useful links...oh wait, we already have on :D
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=226375

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    We could probably have a sticky with useful links...oh wait, we already have on :D
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=226375

Which link in particular will help me find a server with a A:H ratio of 1?

Advertisement