Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Spin, July 15th

Options
  • 14-07-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

6pm from Harolds Cross dog track heading out to Enniskerry, Glencree, and military road via Rathfarnham.

who's in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

6pm from Harolds Cross dog track heading out to Enniskerry, Glencree, and military road via Rathfarnham.

who's in?

Would love to but, I'll never make it on time at the meeting point. I have to catch up on some work tomorrow. I will be heading at around 6:15 from my place, can't earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I should be able to give that a go. If you'll be heading out the normal way I can tag on at the M50 bridge- I get off work at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Will be heading the normal way, so M50 bridge about half past.

Sorry it's so early Caroline but I have other stuff to do later on!

Will be heading the normal way, so M50 bridge about half past.

Sorry it's so early Caroline but I have other stuff to do later on!

No worries :pac: I like my own little spins too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I can't make it tomorrow night but I am interested in the route. Is it easy to get from Enniskerry to Glencree ?

Thanks
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Maybe in a few months, but in the mean time my 15kms spin to work is still killing me!.

But in a seriousness, I'm enjoying reading the threads re. these spins. They are in inspiration for a born again cyclist like myself and are giving me a goal to go after.

RobAMerc wrote: »
    I can't make it tomorrow night but I am interested in the route. Is it easy to get from Enniskerry to Glencree ?

Thanks
    Rob

Enniskerry to Glencree isn't bad -it's more of a long, slow drag, with a couple little digs in it -but it's not too challengng

Mairt wrote: »
    Maybe in a few months, but in the mean time my 15kms spin to work is still killing me!.

But in a seriousness, I'm enjoying reading the threads re. these spins. They are in inspiration for a born again cyclist like myself and are giving me a goal to go after.

is that 15k each way? If so that's an impressive commute, and you'd be grand on one of our spins. If you're really nervous, a Saturday morning, or a flat Sunday spin (if they take off) would be a good place to start -you can always turn back if you're getting tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Enniskerry to Glencree isn't bad -it's more of a long, slow drag, with a couple little digs in it -but it's not too challengng

Thanks for the info, but I meant - am I going to get lost in the Dublin mountains?

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, but I meant - am I going to get lost in the Dublin mountains?

No, it's a pretty straight road -very few junctions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

is that 15k each way? If so that's an impressive commute, and you'd be grand on one of our spins. If you're really nervous, a Saturday morning, or a flat Sunday spin (if they take off) would be a good place to start -you can always turn back if you're getting tired!

I do a commute of that distance as well, but I don't think I could manage what you lot did last weekend.

I still plan to give it a go once I get my road bike up and running.

Rosco- this one tomorrow is going to be a lot shorter, around 40-50km- you should consider giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

blorg wrote: »
    Rosco- this one tomorrow is going to be a lot shorter, around 40-50km- you should consider giving it a go.

I won't be able to make it tomorrow night unfortunately and while I think I could manage that distance I've only got my hybrid at the moment. I'd say I would have a tough time keeping up with you on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    I won't be able to make it tomorrow night unfortunately and while I think I could manage that distance I've only got my hybrid at the moment. I'd say I would have a tough time keeping up with you on it.

+1:D I'd have a tough time keeping up even with my road bike. The hybrid is a ready-made excuse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks for the encouragement, and yes its 15k (measured it last night) x2 daily. But I'm still shagged after it..

Like yesterday, I was cycling up the quays when two cyclists pulled in behind me. So being the dogged ba$tard that I am I didn't want anyone over taking me :) so I put the boot in.

Almost vomiting a fwe kilometers later I was thinking back on a question I asked in this forum two weeks ago, "whats a Fred?" I asked... Well yesterday on the verge of vomiting I admitted to myself "Martin, your a Fred" - nice bike, looking the part but killing myself :D

But I'm building up my fitness and stamina by adding additional distance and some hills (more like bumps in the road to you guys) on some days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Like yesterday, I was cycling up the quays when two cyclists pulled in behind me. So being the dogged ba$tard that I am I didn't want anyone over taking me :) so I put the boot in.

It sounds like your hooked now! Keep it up, it's great fun. Nothing better than a commuter race :)

I'll be in the pheonix park tonight myself, so I might cross a few people there :pac:

Thanks for the encouragement, and yes its 15k (measured it last night) x2 daily. But I'm still shagged after it..

Almost vomiting a fwe kilometers later I was thinking back on a question I asked in this forum two weeks ago, "whats a Fred?" I asked... Well yesterday on the verge of vomiting I admitted to myself "Martin, your a Fred" - nice bike, looking the part but killing myself :D

But I'm building up my fitness and stamina by adding additional distance and some hills (more like bumps in the road to you guys) on some days.

Everyone starts somewhere mate, and it's amazing how quick you improve. I only got on the bike again about 7 months ago, and now I'm happy doin 200's (only had a road bike for about 3 months)

+1 on what Tiny says above- I'd just add that going out with a group makes it a lot easier too!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Clash with Tag tonight, but its the last match. Next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Tonight sounds good. Is it still 6:30ish from the bridge over the M50 at Sandyford?

Harpz wrote: »
    Clash with Tag tonight, but its the last match. Next week?

What about thusday ...? we can do another Small WW one Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Thursday sounds good for me !! count me in if you are doing it, gotta get moving

dub_skav wrote: »
    Tonight sounds good. Is it still 6:30ish from the bridge over the M50 at Sandyford?
    I'll be there at that time (I'll be a bit early this time, honest :D)- think it is looking like a small group of us so far, just Tiny, yourself and myself?

I'll do Thursday as well, I'm always up for another cycle!

I'll be there at that time (I'll be a bit early this time, honest :D)- think it is looking like a small group of us so far, just Tiny, yourself and myself?

I'll be there by half six I reckon.

Thursday could well be good too

What do you add in your porridge in the morning blorg? :D

Ha, I cycle pretty much every day, just nicer in a group! Just heading out now for my 18km lunchtime spin up to Johnny Foxes. Have to work up an appetite for lunch! :D

This is Blorg going to get his lunch :)

fletcha-musette-custom.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'll be heading the other way today guys, going up to Howth. I'll see you all on saturday for the boards 200 (Well, 125 for me!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

just wondering guys (from a keeping up perspective) - how long would it normally take you to do that route?

Advertisement