Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Spin, July 15th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I wouldn't worry about keeping up it'll be fairly relaxed. We'll be doing anything from a 20-25km/h average.
    We won't be flying and won't leave anybody behind, so if you're in the area head on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

just wondering guys (from a keeping up perspective) - how long would it normally take you to do that route?

2-3hrs I'd say

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'll see you at the dog track at 6pm. Woke up a bit too late to do my morning spin. I might leave you in Enniskerry though. Don't want to do any hills tonight.

el tonto wrote: »
    I'll see you at the dog track at 6pm. Woke up a bit too late to do my morning spin. I might leave you in Enniskerry though. Don't want to do any hills tonight.

Glencree and military road aren't hills man!

See you at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Enjoy the spin - great weather for it now !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It is too, I may well leave the gloves off tonight in an effort to fix my white cyclist hands (Can you get a sunbed just for your hands? :D)

Nice spin, myself and Dub_Skav went on around by Glencree and back by the military road with that chirpy guy on the Trek hybrid who had no problem keeping up. Last saw Dub_Skav on the descent just around Mount Venus road- I think he may have turned off sooner than I was expecting. Think I saw Ollie and Sean around the viewpoint- they were heading up the Military Road at that point. Two MAD MTB jerseys anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dubman25

grow up and get a life!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dugas

Hi all,
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone cycling, we have been there today as well with my friend going for a short while with the guy on that TREK hybrid coming up passing Liam Horners memorial.
    If the thursdays spin is on it's way I am up for it!

dugas wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just wanted to say hi to everyone cycling, we have been there today as well with my friend going for a short while with the guy on that TREK hybrid coming up passing Liam Horners memorial.
    If the thursdays spin is on it's way I am up for it!
    Were you the guys taking a photo at the Liam Horner? Certainly come along Thursday, the more the merrier. Was nice to see a fair few cyclists out tonight with the rare good weather we had.

• Advertisement

Yes Thursday would be great, and even better if the weather stays the same. Will we start another thread tomorrow perhaps about it?

Yea, we were the ones, I'm riding Trek 1400, was nice to meet you there. Who had the green Shawn Kemp jersey in him? Good Man
    Hope to see yous on thursday...

Yea, we were the ones, I'm riding Trek 1400, was nice to meet you there. Who had the green Shawn Kemp jersey in him? Good Man
    Hope to see yous on thursday...
    That was Dub_Skav, I was wearing a blue jersey, on the black Focus.

I was wearing baggy shorts and a Basketball jersey and got very few responses to waves, cyclists must be a snobby bunch - if you're not in lycra you're not in.

Blorg, I saw you at Mount venus and just as you headed off I punctured. It was a nice evening for changing a tube at least and a guy cycling up the hill asked me if I had everything I needed - restored my faith in cyclists after the no-wave cyclists earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

i really should ahve went out with ye last night. i had planned on doing laps of the park with the gf but she's only new to it so i dont really get any training and also there are way too many walkers in the cycle paths in the park. i just couldnt get a good pace because of them. i think i'll start spraying them with my water bottle so they get the message in future because no amount of head wagging at them seems to register anything with them. what time did ye get back into the city at?

Including changing a punctured tube I was back in rathfarnham at about 8:20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Bambaata wrote: »
    and also there are way too many walkers in the cycle paths in the park. i just couldnt get a good pace because of them. i think i'll start spraying them with my water bottle so they get the message in future because no amount of head wagging at them seems to register anything with them.

Somehow I got lucky yesterday. I cycled the path from the new 'roundabout' at the junction of ordnance survey road and chesterfield avenue down to the wellington roundabout (the 'easy' section of my after work spin), and while there were a few pedestrians, most moved aside in plenty of time. Only one refused. But I got a lovely pace going, and for once I was able to enjoy just how good the surface is on that cycle path. That was around 6ish, I'm sure it was heavy with walkers as the nice evening wore on.

Ironically, it was two cyclists who did most to interrupt the pace. One casual MTBer weaving from side to side on the path at about 3kph and another who deliberately pulled out in front of me as I reached the zoo. I was enjoying myself too much to be cross.:)

dub_skav wrote: »
    I was wearing baggy shorts and a Basketball jersey and got very few responses to waves, cyclists must be a snobby bunch - if you're not in lycra you're not in.

Blorg, I saw you at Mount venus and just as you headed off I punctured. It was a nice evening for changing a tube at least and a guy cycling up the hill asked me if I had everything I needed - restored my faith in cyclists after the no-wave cyclists earlier.
    Ah OK, sorry about that, I stopped and waited for you a bit down at Scholarstown Road and then cycled back up over the M50 as far as the roundabout at Stocking Wood- then got it into my head that you might have turned in that direction so didn't go up further. Glad you got home OK, did the Trek guy pass you or did he go in the other direction from the viewpoint?

If you are trying to train in the park I'd suggest using the road rather than the cycle paths, no point getting pissed off at people.

blorg wrote: »
    If you are trying to train in the park I'd suggest using the road rather than the cycle paths, no point getting pissed off at people.

Yeah, avoid the central road all together. use the 'South' part of the park. take all the inclines and do a loop that way... up and down.

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    Ah OK, sorry about that, I stopped and waited for you a bit down at Scholarstown Road and then cycled back up over the M50 as far as the roundabout at Stocking Wood- then got it into my head that you might have turned in that direction so didn't go up further. Glad you got home OK, did the Trek guy pass you or did he go in the other direction from the viewpoint?

Didn't see him after the viewpoint, he must have headed over to Johnny Fox's.

Cheers for waiting but seeing as I had all the necessary tools/spares there was nothing anybody could do to help anyway

Sorry for abandoning you guys in Enniskerry, but I could feel that my legs were still tired after Sunday, and the climb out of Enniskerry would have been the death of me -was hard enough keeping up with El Tonto on the way back to town!

So what's up with thursday, the weather turned again but it's not too bad though. If it wan't be lashing rain I'm up for something similar to yesterdays one.
    Btw sorry blorg and dub_skav that we didn't stopped there and had a small chat but we were exhausted after the weekend and we wen't straight back home down towards Enniskery via Glencree.
    But we are looking forward to meet you guys on the saddle back again! I love it in here :)

Sorry for abandoning you guys in Enniskerry, but I could feel that my legs were still tired after Sunday, and the climb out of Enniskerry would have been the death of me -was hard enough keeping up with El Tonto on the way back to town!
    Not at all, makes a lot of sense what with Saturday on the way. I think the rain forecast for the next few days may force me into some recovery :D (Still up for Thursday mind as long as it isn't lashing.)

So what's up with thursday, the weather turned again but it's not too bad though. If it wan't be lashing rain I'm up for something similar to yesterdays one.
    Btw sorry blorg and dub_skav that we didn't stopped there and had a small chat but we were exhausted after the weekend and we wen't straight back home down towards Enniskery via Glencree.
    But we are looking forward to meet you guys on the saddle back again! I love it in here :)

I'd be up for it tomorrow, but I have to check with the Physio 1st ( appointment tomorrown noon ). So I won't be starting a thread about a Thursday spin, so if anyone wants to do it ...

I'd be up for it tomorrow, but I have to check with the Physio 1st ( appointment tomorrown noon ). So I won't be starting a thread about a Thursday spin, so if anyone wants to do it ...
    What's wrong ? Hope nothing serious, and hope to see you there :) good luck

I wouldn't push it TBH, you might be better resting up- I'll start a thread :D

What's wrong ? Hope nothing serious, and hope to see you there :) good luck

Nothing major no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

Yep we went for a mountain bike ride and saw blorg flying around the corner at the view point. Was not Sean just another guy from the club in a green jersey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement