Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did something just blow up?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭

Its 20.46pm, Monday night, and I think something just blew up near Trim.
    I live just outside Trim and just heard a very loud bang that seemed a long way off, a second later felt a very minor rumbling sensation in my house.

Did someone just accidentally blow something up? Be honest.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

it wasnt me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Anything to do with the mines?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

We heard it too. Everyone in our estate came out to see what was going on but we could see nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭MRJ

could have a lorry or something gettin a blow out on a tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Don't think a lorry blow out can be felt in the walls of a house! It could have been blasting out at Breemount Hill quarry says me Da.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Either the quarry or blasting rock from the path of the new M3 which isnt far from Trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Either the quarry or blasting rock from the path of the new M3 which isnt far from Trim.

Aha, that sounds logical.
    Thanks bitemybanger, you've saved me the expense of having to hire Scooby Doo and those darn kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

not so fast was it near the longwood road?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 treefour

Any of the quarries around Trim (Rathmolyon / Longwood) blast well before 6pm. Most blasts go off between 1 and 3 pm. I dont think Roadstone would be any different out the Summerhill Road. It would be a condition of their planning that all blasting would be before ~6pm.

I was around the town on Monday but didnt hear anything. I'm taking a guess but it could have been at the ESB station on the Longwood road, a few months ago something similar happened there.

Was it on the north-side or side of the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

treefour wrote: »
    Any of the quarries around Trim (Rathmolyon / Longwood) blast well before 6pm. Most blasts go off between 1 and 3 pm. I dont think Roadstone would be any different out the Summerhill Road. It would be a condition of their planning that all blasting would be before ~6pm.

I was around the town on Monday but didnt hear anything. I'm taking a guess but it could have been at the ESB station on the Longwood road, a few months ago something similar happened there.

Was it on the north-side or side of the town?

I heard it out the Dublin road, but it sounded like it came from the Summerhill/Longwood direction alright. I know sound can be deceptive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Usually the blasts go off between 12pm-3pm in the various quarries around Trim. It definitely would not have come from the M3 cos its just too far away. There is also a new quarry (or at least an old one re-opened) in around Ginnets Great. AFAIK there was no reports of suspicious explosions made to Gardai.

Advertisement