Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF13 no longer a ps3 exclusive

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

robby^5 wrote: »
    I find it funny how PS3 fanboys complain about how many discs the 360 will need for large games even when with games like MGS4 they have to spend 2 - 3 minutes installing each new act... it takes less time to pop in a dvd folks :)

True, I actually enjoy changing discs. There's an unusal sense of accomplishment.

"Where are ya?"

"Just starting disc 3 now."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

noodler wrote: »
    If it is true Sony have shares in Squenix, then I think there should be a financial consolation for Sony. I'm still not pushed buying a 360, someone told me lately the RROD has a 50% rate.
    No, it's 1/3. But that's still alot though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

rizzla wrote: »
    True, I actually enjoy changing discs. There's an unusal sense of accomplishment.

"Where are ya?"

"Just starting disc 3 now."

massive ego stroke isn't it? :)
    Haha, find it funny all you want, I would much rather have it all on one disc.

Just to get inside the mind of a fanboy, why would you prefer it all on one disc knowing that you'll still have to sit through periods of installation? What's the huge benefit I'm not seeing here?

The installs in MGS4 got very annoying, to the point where I'd have preferred just being able to stick in a new disc and get on with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

robby^5 wrote: »
    massive ego stroke isn't it? :)

Just to get inside the mind of a fanboy, why would you prefer it all on one disc knowing that you'll still have to sit through periods of installation? What's the huge benefit I'm not seeing here?

The installs in MGS4 got very annoying, to the point where I'd have preferred just being able to stick in a new disc and get on with things.

Wow. Amazing. Surely the "fanboy" (what a bent and massively overused term BTW) would be the 360 owner who believes he would rather have it on multiple discs as it is fun to switch discs?

I replied with, I would rather have it on one disc. So wow.

You know, Sony "fanboys" are the ones everyone keeps bringing up but there are just as many, if not more, 360 fanboys around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

OK I actually needed to check what this thread was titled before I replied.

Will everyone please STFU about fanboi-ism! Every console of every generation has had them! Jebus!

FFXIII will now be on both systems. So now more people can enjoy whats bound to be a game thats two generations ahead of FFVII yet still not better than it. Why the fnck are ye arguing about this game!? Really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think you're takign things a little to personally.

As someone who grew up during the advent of games spanning multiple disks, I kind of have a soft spot for having to change disks. It's not a fanboy thing. It's just something that takes me back to a better day.

That said, I've no problem with games being on one disk. I really (really, really, really) hated MGS4's multiple installs, though. I'd much prefer a 30 minute install at the start that to have to stop just when you're about to get into things. I hope that for larger games that they won't go down that route. It really takes away form games.

Wow. Amazing. Surely the "fanboy" (what a bent and massively overused term BTW) would be the 360 owner who believes he would rather have it on multiple discs as it is fun to switch discs?

I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy, I own both a PS3 and 360, you thinking I was solely a 360 owner because I prefer multiple discs made me chuckle btw, not all of us are simply on one side of some massive divide in gaming :p

If FFXIII does happen to come out on multiple discs for 360 I don't see it as a downside, PS3 users have to sit through installs and 360 users have to switch disc after disc no one side is getting a better deal.
    I replied with, I would rather have it on one disc. So wow.

You left out the part where you said "haha" directly at my comment.

The term fanboy seems to be quite relevant in this discussion, that smug sense of superiority is overwhelming :)

What was the reason for it in MGS4?

"I find it funny" has the same effect.

OR "makes me chuckle".

Its just a little smugger is all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is getting off your arse to change discs 3 times during a 60+ hour game really a deal breaker to some people?

I too like the sense of accomplishment from changing discs. I missed it from FFX :)

• Advertisement

No but I would rather it on one disc. Is it a certainty that FF13 will have interupting installations in the same way that MGS4 did or are people just assuming?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'd say nobody will know until it's released. Granted, it won't bother me since I'm not going to get the game, but for future games that I may want to play, I just hope MGS4 hasn't set a precendent.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nailz wrote: »
    No, it's 1/3. But that's still alot though!!

It's actually only 9%.

I haven't heard an estimate that low. Where'd you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Lol. The guy that "someone told me lately", wants back up and proof.
    noodler wrote:
    I'm still not pushed buying a 360, someone told me lately the RROD has a 50% rate.

It's around 10% for newer models, 17% for older models according to most sources. Of course we'll never have an exact number because only Microsoft can know that and I doubt very much they'd want to reveal the percentage regardless of how low or high it is.

50% failure rate is nonsense.

Yeah..asking for a source...someone shoot that guy. Thats how you get to the bottom of things...

Wasn't suggesting for a moment you were lieing or anything, just wondering as obviously (and as I myself stated) all I had was hearsay.

Cool, well it had to be highish, otherwise they wouldn't feel obligated to fork out a free 3-year warrenty

Advertisement