Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG DID ANYONE SEE WHAT HAPPENED IN THE CITY TODAY???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Fysh wrote: »
    "Well, tell you what - if you do start carrying around something like that and ever put it near a man, chances are that, it being a blunt instrument and there being witnesses that see what's going on, you would end up in the wrong. It would be classed as a deadly weapon; we have the guards in this country for a reason. hero No-one these days will take risks, life is too short and everyone knows it. You're on a board and you did not think you would get negative feedback; people have more views than just fems, and equality did come in a few years ago -why were you looking for a man to intervene? Can't a feminwoman do the same thing as a man can do in this day and age? People have there own problems, everyone does. Sometimes when there's a kid involved it's best to keep your nose out of this sort of thing; if you're an on-looker you don't know what the true story is, the same way someone over hearing a conversation does not know the whole story - sometimes it can be one-sided and not the whole truth. As for being small, you're only as small as you let yourself be."

It's a miracle! I can read again \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 patrick_micheal

Malari wrote: »
    Are you using the word "fem" when you mean woman, or feminist? Your post still doesn't make much sense.

fem as in feminist

Hardrain wrote: »
    North Main Street is a hole. Not bothered on how historical the street is, it's a dirty smelly dump of a street. For some reason there is a lot of scumbags penguin walking up and down there every day.

than dont bother walking down there so if your so unhappy about this city move out and try to find some where else there are a lot of sh"" holes else where you could try england there a somthing else for scum, or how about somewhere like the middle east or maybe a third world country that might suite you down to the ground and you could find out what the world is out side this country. than maybe you might have a clue of what a hole f a place is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

than dont bother walking down there so if your so unhappy about this city move out and try to find some where else there are a lot of sh"" holes else where you could try england there a somthing else for scum, or how about somewhere like the middle east or maybe a third world country that might suite you down to the ground and you could find out what the world is out side this country. than maybe you might have a clue of what a hole f a place is.

I never said I didn't like Cork City or Cork in general but the North Main street is an awful dump. I use some of the shops there so will not stop walking down there. Iv been to many countries, lived in some for quite a while so have seen many walks of life and rough areas although I don't see what it has to do with me saying North Main Street is a dump. For a so called 'Key Historical Street' in Cork it's a ****""le

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

If you did get involved and try to play the hero, the Gardai would advise that you are a tool.

Never get involved, provide a statement to the cops by all means, but trying to step in is just silly. You'll just get a box in the mouth for your trouble.

• Advertisement

Hardrain wrote: »
    I never said I didn't like Cork City or Cork in general but the North Main street is an awful dump. I use some of the shops there so will not stop walking down there. Iv been to many countries, lived in some for quite a while so have seen many walks of life and rough areas although I don't see what it has to do with me saying North Main Street is a dump. For a so called 'Key Historical Street' in Cork it's a ****""le

so whats your problem,? carry on with it and dont bother saying it a dump you live here get on with it. do you really think it's worth the rant to go on about the street, question is would you have stopped that man.? dont think so your more of the talkative type. funny thing is one day it will happen to you in a differnt context, than you might have a differnt view and not just rant on about the street being a dump for now ta ta.

craichoe wrote: »
    If you did get involved and try to play the hero, the Gardai would advise that you are a tool.

Never get involved, provide a statement to the cops by all means, but trying to step in is just silly. You'll just get a box in the mouth for your trouble.

if it was your mother would you let it happen, dont think so mate stepping in has had its benifits you see thats the problem with the irish we sit back, but at heart were the freedom fighters that set this country free once. and for getting a box what are you a panzy somethimes it's all right to lock horns and battle it out the good fight is worth the battle if it's in the right cause. most people take a back seat and are afaird to handle life as it is. you are a back seat passenger have a bit and stand up once in a while. lifes just going to pass you by other wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

so whats your problem,? carry on with it and dont bother saying it a dump you live here get on with it. do you really think it's worth the rant to go on about the street, question is would you have stopped that man.? dont think so your more of the talkative type. funny thing is one day it will happen to you in a differnt context, than you might have a differnt view and not just rant on about the street being a dump for now ta ta.

YAWN.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

if it was your mother would you let it happen, dont think so mate stepping in has had its benifits you see thats the problem with the irish we sit back, but at heart were the freedom fighters that set this country free once. and for getting a box what are you a panzy somethimes it's all right to lock horns and battle it out the good fight is worth the battle if it's in the right cause. most people take a back seat and are afaird to handle life as it is. you are a back seat passenger have a bit and stand up once in a while. lifes just going to pass you by other wise.

Silly me, forgetting about those psychic powers we all have that let us immediately know exactly what's going on in a situation and decide whether the cause is worth "battling it out".

Oh, wait...is that a retarded justification for mob justicevigilantism I hear?

Silly me, forgetting about those psychic powers we all have that let us immediately know exactly what's going on in a situation and decide whether the cause is worth "battling it out".

Oh, wait...is that a retarded justification for mob justicevigilantism I hear?

your comment pleases me. more please

• Advertisement

if it was your mother would you let it happen

In all fairness, there's a significant difference between getting personally involved in a situation when you know the person (and presumably the associated background) and getting personally involved in a situation where you know neither.
    Unless someone's being physically assaulted (and even if they are) you'd be very foolish to approach either party given the current climate. Realistically unless you're bigger and stronger than an attacker and bloody sure he or she isn't carrying a weapon, you'll probably be lucky if a box in the gob is the only thing you get. Nonetheless, it is possible to help without putting your neck on the line.
    As far as I can gather, there's little evidence that anyone was attacked here. Possibly it was a domestic and in the case of half the domestics that happen in public, you'll probably be told to f*ck off by both parties if you try to interfere.
    I don't think it's happened before and I doubt it'll ever happen again but in this instance I agree with craichoe. Call the cops, ultimately it's their job to deal with incidents like the one that the OP would like to think has happened (though personally I reckon she's probably let her imagination run away with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

......... What?

ibtl

In all fairness, there's a significant difference between getting personally involved in a situation when you know the person (and presumably the associated background) and getting personally involved in a situation where you know neither.
    Unless someone's being physically assaulted (and even if they are) you'd be very foolish to approach either party given the current climate. Realistically unless you're bigger and stronger than an attacker and bloody sure he or she isn't carrying a weapon, you'll probably be lucky if a box in the gob is the only thing you get. Nonetheless, it is possible to help without putting your neck on the line.
    As far as I can gather, there's little evidence that anyone was attacked here. Possibly it was a domestic and in the case of half the domestics that happen in public, you'll probably be told to f*ck off by both parties if you try to interfere.
    I don't think it's happened before and I doubt it'll ever happen again but in this instance I agree with craichoe. Call the cops, ultimately it's their job to deal with incidents like the one that the OP would like to think has happened (though personally I reckon she's probably letter her imagination run away with her.

dude you are most wise, so whats this topic really about?
    I reckon she's probably letter her imagination run away with her. got to say i love this line to bits it has made my night.

dude you are most wise, so whats this topic really about?

As far as I can gather, this thread is about the OP seeing a rather ambiguous incident in public, making certain assumptions and then getting shirty because nobody (including her) acted on her assumptions.

Oh, and don't call me dude.

As far as I can gather, this thread is about the OP seeing a rather ambiguous incident in public, making certain assumptions and then getting shirty because nobody (including her) acted on her assumptions.

Oh, and don't call me dude.

look there is no point you getting that way about calling you dude, dude. chill out man.!!

Don't call me man either...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Don't call me man either...

I'm not your buddy, guy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm not your buddy, guy.

I'm not your guy, pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I'm not your guy, pal!

He's not your pal, buddy!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Kold wrote: »
    He's not your pal, buddy!

You're totally right. I'm not his buddy, guy.

• Advertisement

lads your spending way to much time on here, and whats the big deal, be it buddy,pal,man,dude,kid,child,ect what's your problem???? get over your selves.

Advertisement