Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Splitters 4?!?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

when is time splitters 4 coming out and is it coming out on the xbox 360?? does anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

Too lazy to google yourself, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

'In June 2007, the Official UK PlayStation Magazine revealed that another installment of the TimeSplitters series was in the works. However, at Kotaku, Rob Yescombe, the scriptwriter for the previous title in the series, said that the systems they were developing the game for were "unsigned at the moment." Free Radical's David Doak has described Wii development in general as "a good thing to do" and followed that up with "I think we want to put [TimeSplitters 4] on the Wii", in an interview with Game Informer. However, on the Free Radical website, TimeSplitters 4 is listed as in development on "NextGen Platforms" hinting at a release on all three.

"I'm sure it's possible to do a control scheme that works," Doak added when asked about his thoughts on developing a first-person shooter for Wii.

Steve Ellis reported that "They're gearing up to insert monkeys and guns into all the wrong places." In an interview with David Doak, he alluded to focusing gameplay rather than special effects or graphics.

The logo for the game is currently a spoof of the Gears of War logo with a monkey head replacing the skull. There was some concept art for a monkey in Master Chief's armour. Because of this, it is expected that there will be more in-game "potshots" of those games as well as other gaming franchises.Yescombe from Free Radical confirmed that prediction.

No official statement has been made about the date of release for the game. However, in the Letters page of Free Radical's official website, sometimes when asked about TimeSplitters 4, they jokingly said to ask again in 2009.

The game has been officially announced as being in development.'

It better be good! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    It better be good! :mad:

I hope so too, thought I'm worried if they plan to release it on the Wii at the same time as the other consoles. And lets not forget their last game, Haze....

Advertisement