Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website says 'Yes', phone operator says 'No'?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Anyone else have this happen to them?

You check out the broadband providers website and do a 'line check' to see if their service is available in your area and it comes back as available.

Then you ring them to order the package only to be told it's not actually available in your area!

Like WTF! This has happened to me with more than one provider. Can't these gimps get it right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

K-Fella wrote: »
    Can't these gimps get it right?

No:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

just had it today

ntl's site yes yes

computer says nooe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Is that ntl by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I don't understand why ntl have a line check as they don't use the exchange's seems a bit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I've had it the opposite way, salesman say yes, computer and eircom say no

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mrfreddred

The reason you get this conflict is that Eircom have alist of digital exchanges that they supply to the resellers etc NTL. In theory every line connected to the digital exchange should be capable of getting broadband BUT if you have a phone line that has degraded due to poor installation, interferance etc it will fail the actual line test.

The bad news is that unless you get a new line installed (or you are jumpered over to a new line in the local exchange) you are snookered.

I suggest looking at mobile broadband with Three, Vodafone or O2. Satelite is another option.....frustrating though. Been there....couldnt get the t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

mrfreddred wrote: »
    The reason you get this conflict is that Eircom have alist of digital exchanges that they supply to the resellers etc NTL. In theory every line connected to the digital exchange should be capable of getting broadband BUT if you have a phone line that has degraded due to poor installation, interferance etc it will fail the actual line test.

The bad news is that unless you get a new line installed (or you are jumpered over to a new line in the local exchange) you are snookered.

I suggest looking at mobile broadband with Three, Vodafone or O2. Satelite is another option.....frustrating though. Been there....couldnt get the t-shirt.

NTL don't use phonelines. They have their own cable network.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 K-Fella

Yes, it was NTL. The other one was Digiweb, but it has become available since then.

Advertisement