Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for information regarding the security industry

Options
  • 14-07-2008 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

moved too http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=56568129#post56568129

Hey,

I'm looking for information or resources that would give information on the secuirty industry in Ireland, Such as standards and rules etc.

I'm a 6'4 big build guy so I'm interested in going into security in clubs or maybe even bouncing. There was hearsay from people that a course must be finished and you must be garda certified before even working in the industry, is this true?

Perhaps someone in the industry could give me any info they might have on it. Such as, Do you enjoy your work and is it even worth going into?

I know Limerick has its share of... well call them less friendly people. Have you ever had problems with them and have you ever come across a situation when you where out drinking with your mates that a person has recognized you from refusing him entry into a club the week before and he gets in your face? (if your bouncing that is) This is my biggest hang up about the industry that I may put people with me in unnecessary danger just because I did the job.

I know there isn't that many places to even be security or bounce in Limerick, So is it worthwhile even trying, is the job market saturated with people trying to join the club?

So it would be a great help if anyone knew of any resources that I could get info from.

Thanks and I will look forward to your replies! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Not in the industry but you are correct, you need to get a licence before you can start

Advertisement