Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI HD 4870 X2 - R700 Preview

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

It destroys the GTX 280 in everything, they even looked to have fixed that micro stuttering.Incredible

Only negatives is the Power consumption, but powerful machines need fuel.

Best thing is Nvidia are dropping prices like crazy and have 55nm Gtx 200's on the way with much higher clock rates and lower power consumption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ya, great to finally see competition. I'm gettin one sent from Usa when they out.

What site you getting from or is it relatives sending one over.

Interested myself but esb bill going up by 17% :(

Some of the figures are frightening

cod2560.jpg

hl22560.jpg

Look at the 400 euro gtx 280 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTUzMSwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

First review I saw this morning.

Looking good for ATI/AMD

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I have an ATI 2900xt at the moment - runs well still but sometimes struggles. I think I'm going to get a 4870 now. Amazing performance and the Sapphire card is only €230 or something on Komplett. Kind of a no-brainer of an upgrade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    What site you getting from or is it relatives sending one over.

Interested myself but esb bill going up by 17% :(

Relative

Wow, I was considering just getting a second 4870 for crossfire, but with the X2 beating 2 of them in Xfire its a no-brainer. Minds made up now, I'm selling the 4870 when I get the X2

Advertisement