Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Moffat episode?

Options
  • 14-07-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

What's your favourite Who episode written by Steven Moffat?

What's your favourite episode written by Moffat? 38 votes

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
    0%
    The Girl in the Fireplace
    5%
    marie_85pixelburp 2 votes
    Blink
    18%
    SleepyCathyMoranbuffaloDinnerMahatma coatThe SparrowIndie18 7 votes
    Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
    71%
    LoLthIvanStarkSmilerbabyhackmonkeyfudgecerbeusiguanaWibbsebbyLordSutchanotherlostieeilsgafThe Mad HatterLirangepopebenny16Doctor DooMThe Master[Deleted User]flazio 27 votes
    Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey ... it's a tie.
    5%
    Ziggy_1972Daemos 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I'd have to say Blink.

Fantastic from start to finish , cant find any fault with it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Blink
    I'd have to say Blink.

Fantastic from start to finish , cant find any fault with it at all

i loved blink aswell but voted for girl in the fire place......blink was better why did i do that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Got to be blink for me too.

As much as I love "are you my mommy?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I can't vote as Blink and The Girl in the Fireplace are ties as my two favourite stories from the new run.

EDIT: Just saw the wibbley wobbley option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Blink
    Went for The Girl In The Fireplace but Blink was excellant too. I loved the paradox in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

as an aside, just realised that Moffat wrote "joking apart", a comedy show which I rate as one of the best in the last 20 years, side splittingly funny.

Oh, Blink, natch.

Notice no body is voting for the two parters? Reckon Moffat is stronger in small bursts?

*Waits for someone to make an RTD version of this poll and for popebenny to have to lock it :)*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Blink
    I voted for Girl in the Fireplace, its probably my favourite of all the Episodes of the new series, course Blink was great too, as were the rest, but girl in the Fireplace was IMO one of the best written pieces of television I've seen in a while, actualy I might just nip off and watch it again, its just that good :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I still love his first work, the Empty Child two parter. It was scary, original & with a great twist at the end. Plus it gave rise to one of the few succeful monsters of the new series; the gas-mask zombies were genuinely creepy & unnerving. The blink statues were nice and all, but a bit too obviously a monster-under-the-bed type. The idea of a gask mask break through your face was... eep *shiver*

• Registered Users Posts: 24,237 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Blink
    The Girl in the Fireplace - I was forced to watch it by an old friend who interupted a dirty weekend away so she could get her Who fix - so, while this wasn't exactly a situation in which I was entirely enthusiastic about watching a new TV series, I found myself hooked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Blink, followed closely by "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances".

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Ziggy_1972

Simply because of River Song. It's a very brave choict to take somebody from the Doctor's future, and mess with his head for a change.
    I hope she comes back for a proper story arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

as an aside, just realised that Moffat wrote "joking apart", a comedy show which I rate as one of the best in the last 20 years, side splittingly funny.

Oh, Blink, natch.
    Check out Coupling too, it's also pretty fantastic.

Close tie between "The girl in the fireplace" and "Blink". Though I thought the acting was better in "The girl in the fireplace", the overall story was far superior in "Blink". Very tough decision, surprised I managed to make it so quickly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ebby

Definitely hard to choose between The Girl In The Fireplace and Blink, but I went with Blink in the end. That said, however, The Girl In The Fireplace is the episode that I use whenever I defend Dr. Who to my friends. I've made a few of them watch one episode and always choose that one as it really shows so much of what I love about the show all compressed into one episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

I had to go with 'The Empty Child' & 'The Doctor Dances'. Chris Eccleston with that manic grin screaming 'Everybody lives!' remains the highlight of the whole first series for me.

And on a shallow note, it introduced Cap'n Jack...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Those 'Weeping Angels' certainly gave me the willies, combine that with the wonderful Sally Sparrow character, the Tardis in the cellar, the very creepy soundtrack :eek: and it was easily one of the best ever creepy episodes ............

At the time, I really thought that 'Sally Sparrow' would become the Doctor's new assistant - she was that good in the Episode - sadly I was wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I voted for Blink, but he really hasn't set a foot wrong since he started, has he?

Also, I do believe I'm in love with Sally Sparrow.

I wouldn't count sally out yet...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well we have precedant for returning characters-as-companions. Has Moffat himself ever commented on Sparrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

It was close, but "Blink" is definitely my favourite Moff episode.
    All of those episodes are excellent though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Agreed, it's a tough one, even the 5 odd minutes of Time Crash is far superior to the likes of Love & Monsters, weakest for me was the Ninth Doctor stories but even those were highlights of that series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Close between Blink and Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead, but I went for the latter... just.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well we have precedant for returning characters-as-companions. Has Moffat himself ever commented on Sparrow?

I heard somewhere that there had been thoughts about Sparrow having her own series, but that may have just been a fan fantasy. I voted Blink, but actually think I may have preferred Girl in the Fireplace.

Advertisement