Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wat will i do???? DEBS. angry man

Options
  • 14-07-2008 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

its about 2 weeks to mine and my date has pulled out because of holidays and work.
    should i go by myself . all my female friends r already going wit others. Can i o with one of the lads or is dat gay!!!

Wat do you tink i should do:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Do want every you want. Do you know anyone out side of your school you might go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bug!!!

NO. i am screwed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Why not just go in a group of friends? You'll only stay with your date for the photo and then everyone will be mixing anyway....

I was going to write something witty about the question of whether it would be gay or not... but now I couldn't be bothered :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

You're not screwed. You can go on your own if you wish. I think you are putting yourself under undue pressure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not gay.
    Go on your own, there are always others there who go on their own or ditch their date within minutes of arriving.

Letting someone down at such short notice was very rude of your date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

i'll go with u.............but only if u to go my debs cause i have no one either >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

While you could go on your own or with one of the lads, it's a lot more common to go with a member of the opposite sex, and you may feel a bit uncomfortable otherwise (if not then go right ahead).
    You should ask your date if she has any friends that could go with you, surely she'll know somebody!

I also look rather dashing in a wig with fake breasts so there's a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

good one walsho lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

surely yer mates/the girls that they are bringing must know one girl who isnt going. ask them, do they know. girls love going to debs. ul def find one.

i wouldnt go on my own, just for the sake of everyone walking in to the hotel infront of the camera in cuples, having dinner in cuples.
    the majority of the birds get ditched straight after the meal anyways.

or bring one of the lads and rent blue and orange tux's.....up to you!!
    dumb_tuxes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ck1989

I'd say if one of your friend's female dates doesn't have a spare female friend then just bring a guy friend -more craic in general than an empty seat beside you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Bug!!! wrote: »
    Can i o with one of the lads or is dat gay!!!
    OMG!!!!OMG!!!!! Gayer111111 -)---!11111 Gay :eek: :rolleyes:

Just go with your mates and take someone elses girl when you get there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 neegie

dont know bout you lot but at my debs a few of the girls brought girls... hell i nearly did!!! i dont think itd be gay to bring along one of the lads... plus it'd be easier for a lad to get a tux on short notice than for a girl to get a dress shoes bag and book in hair make up and tan... but its entirely up to yourself.. personally i think its more craic if ya bring a mate than a date.. brought my bezzie mate to mine n we had a ball!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It's not gay bringing a mate (unless you shag him afterwards!!! :D)
    It would be unusual and a few might make retarded "ghey" jokes but shur there's plenty worse things they could be saying!

Whoever you go with won't spend the whole night with you anyway - after the dinner everyone mixes with their own crowd.

If there really is no available female, you have 3 choices:
    A. Go with a mate.
    B. Go on your own.
    C. Don't go.

Really it's up to you which one you'd feel most comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No woman to take care of? Means you can drink more, yeah? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oooh ooh can I come?! I want to wear my sparkly dress....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Piste wrote: »
    Oooh ooh can I come?! I want to wear my sparkly dress....

Pics or GTFO :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 born2run

My friend brought a bloke to his debs last year even tho he had a girlfriend! He had way more craic and no one thought it was gay...it was funny! Go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

I was in the same position as you untill yesterday, i had no date and no prospect of one either. So i rang one of my friends and she asked a few people she knew and voila within a day I had found someone! Can you ask a friend if they have any female friends that you could ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tobiesheba

I really think the worst thing ya could do is bring somebody that you don't really know just for the sake of having a date. There's nothing worse than having your night ruined and not being able to enjoy yourself because you're minding someone who maybe doesn't know that many people or just somebody you're awkward with yourself because ya don't know them that well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clairehere

OMG the very same thing happened to one of my lad friends I think that its really bad form. Anyway, he put a message on his bebo page saying I've been stood up for the debs and if any girls want to go just let me know and he got loads of girls wantin to go. There'll always be someone without a date or 5th years who are mad to go. Alternatively just go on you're own, sure people dont stick with their dates all night anyway and all you're mates will be there, and if you're worried about what everyone else will think just remember that you'll never have to see them again anyway cos you're finished school forever. Another idea is to invite one of you're cousins over from America or England or wherever and bring them and just say that they really wanted to experience an Irish debs or that you're Mam made youbring them. Don't worry about it anyway the debs isn't as big of a deal as everyone says.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

The Walsho wrote: »
    While you could go on your own or with one of the lads, it's a lot more common to go with a member of the opposite sex, and you may feel a bit uncomfortable otherwise (if not then go right ahead).
    You should ask your date if she has any friends that could go with you, surely she'll know somebody!

I also look rather dashing in a wig with fake breasts so there's a last resort.

i didn't notice he was a guy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Bring yore ma, that's what I'd do :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I was going out with this one for nearly 3 years, so we figured even if we broke up we would still go together, and we have only one ticket each.

However about two weeks before the leaving she began cheating on me. This continued for over a month until she had a new boyfriend by the time she broke it off two days after the exams finished.

Now the slutty whore* has decided to bring the new boyfriend by getting another ticket, and action I obviously mirrored. But now Ive no date.

*I personally believe I am right in terming her this. She did cheat on me after 3 years with a multitude of male figures, and still made me feel like things were alright. I think shes just after sexual excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

You know, until I read this thread I wasn't sure what exactly sure what the DEBs were about. I just assumed it was about 17/18 year olds getting drunk.

Now I know it's 17/18 year olds getting drunk and teen drama that nobody cares about and isn't important.

Sounds crap. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

turgon, that really sucks, but I'd say you're better off without her given that she treated you like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

i've sed it before and i'll say it again. get all the girls on boards to post pictures and you can have your pick. best solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Peleus wrote: »
    i've sed it before and i'll say it again. get all the girls on boards to post naked pictures and you can have your pick. best solution.

Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Sure you know us boards girls. Nothing gets us more excited than being lined up and selected like chickens. Don't even need to ask us if we want to go! : p

Just bring a friend, or go on your own. No big deal... I assume. Me and my ex broke up about a month before his debs, so I left him a bit high and dry, he went on his own though and probably had a better time than if he'd had to mind me.

At my debs.There was plenty of girls just going with friends.TBH just go with a friend and score one of the girl when you get there.Drama makes these night rememberable.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Go by yourself or bring a friend. Loads of people do it.

Advertisement