Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wat will i do???? DEBS. angry man

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Didnt have anyone before the thing. At the meetup beforehand said asked anyone if they wanted a free ticket (including a free meal, who could turn down free food? :P), just gave it away. No problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Looking back on it now i would have prefered to bring a mate, women are way too much hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm in same sitch atm.

I've asked 9 guys.
    I, right now, hate gaeltachts, Meitheal programmes, Crumlin checkups, and fellow classmates who got there first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I was in a similar position last year - I just told my mates that if they had a friend who wanted to go, I'd be happy to take her. That offer was snapped up fairly fast - my friends GF had a girlyfriend who wanted to go so there was her (paid-for) ticket. She was a stunner, too, not that it matters :P .

Best night ever, btw. You'll regret not going.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Bug!!!

any 1 want 2 go?????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

I went to a friends Debs months back, beyond HER- i knew nobody. Still had an amazing night. By that logic- mine should be 10 times the brilliance. I wouldn't miss it for the world, and would willingly go on my own. Nobody will think less of you- somebody pulled out on you- not your fault in the slightest.

Shouldn't be too difficult to find somebody to take you up on a more or less free night out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Any boards girls want to go? I have mine in September but have no one to go with :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Slashman X

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Any boards girls want to go? I have mine in September but have no one to go with :(.
    Same here, yet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Reganio 2 wrote: »

Wow! me too! mines the fourth and i'm screwed...my plan is to hop on some poor unfortunate some night when i'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

well if you're all offering.... ;)
    i might be willing....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Why anyone would willingly turn down a Debs offer I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Because....

1) The debs is not for everyone. That is to say, drinking and dancing is not for everyone.
    2) They might know nobody at the debs but their date, and would feel out of place or whatever, or like a burden.
    3) Going to a debs requires a considerable amount of effort, that is, getting clothes, hair/makeup if you're a girl.
    4) You may not like the person who asked you, you may like them but don't want to lead them on to thinking you have an interest in them beyond friendship, or you may not, for whatever reason, wish to spend a night with them.

does any1 actually want 2 o its on the 29th july

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Because....

1) The debs is not for everyone. That is to say, drinking and dancing is not for everyone.
    2) They might know nobody at the debs but their date, and would feel out of place or whatever, or like a burden.
    3) Going to a debs requires a considerable amount of effort, that is, getting clothes, hair/makeup if you're a girl.
    4) You may not like the person who asked you, you may like them but don't want to lead them on to thinking you have an interest in them beyond friendship, or you may not, for whatever reason, wish to spend a night with them.

Quiet woman. Now make me a sandwich and stick on that dress there and go to the debs with the lads needing a date.

The Walsho wrote: »
    Quiet woman. Now make me a sandwich and stick on that dress there and go to the debs with the lads needing a date.

dats the best thing i heard all day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Why anyone would willingly turn down a Debs offer I never understand then. Its gonna be pure bleedin' whopper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Dont go!Save money time and if you dont drink(like me)it means you dont have to sit around watching everyone else get pi$$ed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'll go, I like dressing up and meeting new people and getting dinner.

Piste, I direct you to the first page of this thread, namely this post : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56582188&postcount=17

Piste, I direct you to the first page of this thread, namely this post : http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56582188&postcount=17

Lol the pics exist on the internets but sleuthing will be required to find them!

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    Lol the pics exist on the internets but sleuthing will be required to find them!

Let the sleuthing begin. Do we have everything we need to find this material?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Let the sleuthing begin. Do we have everything we need to find this material?

They were way too easy to find.I wanted a challenge.

Oh the joys of google.

Yeah I was hoping for this intricate web of clues, but it was far too easy really. It didn't even feel like I was sleuthing, just casually browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hai, I too dont have anyone to go to the debs with ;_;

FuzzyLogic you seem like a cool person. Maybe we could meet up beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

No thanks, I'm good.

By the way, I see that your avatar is of a seemingly ordinary bear.
    Well, it has been brought to my attention that this bear character is known as a "pedobear".

I'd urge all users of the forum to be wary of this astutely named "spankeh" character and his "pedo-bear".

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Piste wrote: »
    Oh the joys of google.

I see you went tothe [CANNOT NAME EVENT] Liz. How was is? mwah ha ha!

Careful now ;)

Advertisement