Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fire balls in the sky

Options
  • 14-07-2008 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

did anyone just see two orange fire balls flying over the city sky over the past ten mins. they were going really fast, no noise, clear skies. me and my housemates all saw it and were pretty freaked out. one of the lads saw the same thing last year.

anyone else see anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hey Shules,

Not sure if it is the same thing but on Saturday night I was in Kinsale, watching the fire display on water, as part of Kinsale Arts Week. I was in a friend's apartment, when somebody shouted look up in the sky and it was as you described, like little fireballs in the sky - BUT - one of the group told us that it was the "boys setting off their fire bags" we were like - WHAT??? Then we saw what they meant as more appeared in the sky and we saw them taking off.

Whoever these bright young things are (NOT) they set some paper alight, not sure with what and put it in a small plastic bag, the hot air it creates (don't ask me to go into the scientific principal of this) sets it off and it rises, a bit like a hot air balloon. They were setting them off every minute or two. I must say they looked really cool floating around in the sky but we started questioning, what happens when they start to sink, what if it lands on something that ignites and catches fire.

Who knows. So that could be the answer to your question.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Fairly last night I heard a loud bang, not sure what time it was but I'm guessing it was roughly around eleven. It sounded louder than a firework or a banger but when I looked out the window I didn't see anything. I texted a friend just after to tell him about it but have emptied my Sent Items so I don't know what time exactly it was at.

I wonder if it was the same thing?

Advertisement