Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e3 2008 thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

According to him, the main quest will be about 20-30 hours without doing anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Not bad, Bioshock (which is just rollplay first-person) was 30hrs IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Nailz wrote: »
    Not bad, Bioshock (which is just rollplay first-person) was 30hrs IIRC.

Bioshock was only 15-20hours at most . 70Hours is amazing though, my Mass Effect game save was arround 50hours after 2 playthroughs and my Lost Odyssey around 60-65hours after 1 playthrough.

Think my Oblivion was roughly 50 because alot of the Side Quests got very repetitive, Hopefully it aint the same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Bioshock was only 15-20hours at most . 70Hours is amazing though, my Mass Effect game save was arround 50hours after 2 playthroughs and my Lost Odyssey around 60-65hours after 1 playthrough.

Think my Oblivion was roughly 50 because alot of the Side Quests got very repetitive, Hopefully it aint the same here.

My bollox it'll be 70 hours.
    Maybe if you comb ever inch of the game and speak to everyone 78 times.....

You've clearly never wasted entire days on Oblivion/Mass Effect. I envy you that.

I'm really hopeful about Fallout 3. Bethesda seem to have learned from their mistakes (eg People having conversations with themselves.) and maintained the awesome things (eg the scope).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It was a producers file so obviously he could have just left the clock running to make it. Im just saying is all

Also, I finished my first playthrough of DQ8 last week, took me 90 hours easy.

When you dont know what ur doing etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

You've clearly never wasted entire days on Oblivion/Mass Effect. I envy you that.
    i have not. That said i am currently clocking 100+ hours in pokemon pearl. But i would never say "pokemon is over 100 hours long"
    I'm really hopeful about Fallout 3. Bethesda seem to have learned from their mistakes (eg People having conversations with themselves.) and maintained the awesome things (eg the scope).

I really want this to be good, but i'm sure i'll be disapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Well sir you must have killed everybody while running because it took me 28/29 hours.

Nailz wrote: »
    Well sir you must have killed everybody while running because it took me 28/29 hours.

28/29 Hours? There was what around 8 different locations in rapture so thats roughly 3 and a half hours on each level. No way it was that long. I mean it was pants easy even on the Hard difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Just wanted to mention this good blog post on what DIDN'T get mentioned at E3, there are quite a few games on that list I was really expected to at least have teasers for, like Alan Wake or Tekken 6... also no mention whatsoever of Project Offset which appears to of dropped off the face of the planet.

Not surprised that Wipeout HD wasn't featured though, what with it being able to give all the audience an epileptic fit

http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/?p=923

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Question, When do the E3 judging panel usually announce the GOTS and other awards?

Not sure when exactly. But IGN (Fallout 3), G4 (LittleBigPlanet) and 1up (LittleBigPlanet) have given out their awards so far. Gametrailers has also started giving its awards, but has announced their Best of Show yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

LookingFor wrote: »
    Gametrailers has also started giving its awards, but has announced their Best of Show yet.

They have now, and it's
    Resi Evil 5
    . Am I the only one who thinks this look crap?

Benzino wrote: »
    They have now, and it's
    Resi Evil 5
    . Am I the only one who thinks this look crap?

Resi 5 looks amazing but no way should it have been given GOTS.

My nominees would have been
    Gears 2
    Resistance 2
    Far Cry 2
    LBP
    Fable 2
    Resi 5
    Fallout 3

And the winner .........
    Fat Princess of Course :pac:

EDIT: Just watched the videos there, Jesus Geoff and the rest of the Gametrailers staff must be dying to have Resi 5s babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i had a 200 hour save file in oblivion and i still had a lot of side-quests left.
    Although i had fast travel disabled so i spent a lot of time running :/

Spunge wrote: »
    i had a 200 hour save file in oblivion and i still had a lot of side-quests left.
    Although i had fast travel disabled so i spent a lot of time running :/

I remember in Morrowind travelling was always annoying until you found the 'Boots of Blinding Speed'

Advertisement