Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loops!

Options
  • 14-07-2008 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Alright guys,

Anyone know a good place to get loops? I had gotten a pack of five off of Ellusionist to try them out, but I got hit for customs so it worked out fairly expensive. I know you can get a reel of the stuff, but I dunno how to tie them, and supposedly it's fairly tricky.

While we're on the subject, anyone got any good effects for them? I used them a few times and stuck with the simple effects like the matbox and matches (which was great as it was someone elses who was smoking), jumping fork out of a cup at a BBQ and floating rubberband (great because they can pull it out of mid air!).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

I think there was a dvd for loops on the ellusionist site.
    Not sure if they tell you how to tie them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Nope, I have the DVD, doesn't tell you how to use them. They're a phenomal effect which can really be done on the spot at any time (light dependent of course). They're just expensive and fragile, so I'd rather buy a reel of them and learn how to tie them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

"million dollar knot" on penguin magic is how to tie loops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

no problem, let me know how u get on with it, must get it myself at some stage :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

There is also the S.T.E.A.L.T.H system available from NUMS (http://www.nothingupmysleeve.co.uk) which is instructions for creating a peg board system to enable the quick tying of loops. They also sell IET in reels for half nothing. (I cant remember if it needs splitting or not)

Advertisement