Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Carzone Redesign

Options
  • 14-07-2008 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭

I never noticed this because I'm rarely on the front page of Carzone, but they've a redesign in beta at the moment.

Any thoughts?

http://beta.carzone.ie/

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

better. much better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yeah, much easier to use from the front page. The design seems a little generic but it's a good improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

not mad on it myself. I liked the straight, no-nonsense layout of before. Now when you click on anything, big ads everywhere. I assume it's been taken over as this is generic-looking...

Also, I hope they haven't messed around with the back-end. Carzone was always so reliable compared to the pos cbg.

if it aint broke..

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

I am not a big fan at the moment, but I'm sure it will grow on me. I too liked the basic, yet effective, design of the 'old' one. Whilst it is probably not the final draft of the site, I don't seem to be able to sort each respective year by price for a selected model...:confused:...probably just me though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I like it, looks more professional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

What I'd like to see is a search function similar to that of eBay, where you type in the make and model of vehicle.

As it is now, there is an incomplete list of vehicles, and it makes searching for rarer car makes quite difficult and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Have found a few bugs, but seeing as software testing is part of my own job spec I guess it was bound to happen! :p

E.g.
    I searched for Subaru Legacy Diesels. The search returned a list with 11 cars on it, yet above it stated that it is displaying 1-50 of 101+ cars. The next/previous buttons were grayed out/disabled.

Edit:Overall it looks to be an improvement I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I think it's much better than the old one. They have finally introduced a 'keyword' search field. It makes searching for specs like GTi, sport, Ghia etc much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Still no search by tax band. Maybe I'm a little focused on the tax-bands at the moment because of the recent changes but surely this would be ultra desirable, especially for some Irish people who will unthinkingly fork out 25 grand upwards on a spanking-new car but baulk at paying anything more than Band A/B in road tax...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,404 ✭✭✭fletch

Have they introduced any new functionality?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

pburns wrote: »
    Still no search by tax band. Maybe I'm a little focused on the tax-bands at the moment because of the recent changes but surely this would be ultra desirable, especially for some Irish people who will unthinkingly fork out 25 grand upwards on a spanking-new car but baulk at paying anything more than Band A/B in road tax...
    it's only for 2008 cars though that you need to worry about the tax, I'd say in 2009 that will definitely be needed on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i use carzone everyday, quite regularly (well not at the moment...sigh) and although this is good, i prefer the old version

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭bwardrop

I know that this facility was probably available on the old site, I just never noticed it / thought of it.

Anyway - carzone.ie has undergone a revamp and there is a link in the top right corner for feedback re: the site.

Two things that bug me about carzone are:

1) When dealers place multiple ads for the same car - for instance you get 20 results for your search which is actually 5 different cars in Joe Duff Motors. Frustrating

2) The amount of scams on the site - there is an active thread on this topic in this forum.

I just I'd bring it your attention. I have used the feedback to highlight the above points and also to congratulate them on the revamp and site in general. It is not all bad after all!!

If these or other things bother you - let them know. Things won't change if you don't highlight the issues. Be nice about it though!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

A big improvement, though very generic looking. They've finally introduced the "report advert" functionality that is so badly needed.

They really seem to be playing up the SIMI membership thing, which means close to zero for me.

Couple of things: still no option for selecting either multiple counties or multiple models (other than manually building up the URL).

I'm pleased they kept the free text field for the price - the dropdown options on CBG is ridiculous. You can either select 10000 or 15000 for example, where the difference between 11K and 14500K could be huge for a buyer. Also, the keyword search is very welcome.

As pburns mentioned, searching by tax band is likely to be a popular request.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's a thread here about it.
    bwardrop wrote: »
    Two things that bug me about carzone are:

1) When dealers place multiple ads for the same car - for instance you get 20 results for your search which is actually 5 different cars in Joe Duff Motors. Frustrating

2) The amount of scams on the site - there is an active thread on this topic in this forum.

Neither of these issues are directly controllable by carzone, however they have introduced a "report advert" link which should address these points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

threads merged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I was just on http://www.loadzacars.ie/ and I noticed a bit of a similarity... are they too close to each other in design?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Max_Damage wrote: »
    As it is now, there is an incomplete list of vehicles, and it makes searching for rarer car makes quite difficult and annoying.

I assume that the list is made up of what is available in the database - For example, searching for a vivio (not many for sale) only gives you the 'year' option 1999, and that's all that's available. So if the car isn't in the list, it isn't on the site.

I noticed even before the revamp that they removed the option of clicking anywhere on the list i.e. mileage, color, year, etc and it would link to the ad, now you have to click the car model/make or the photo symbol. Just something small that I missed when it was removed.

Advertisement