Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migrate PHPBB => Vbulletin

Options
  • 14-07-2008 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

N00b question...

My mate and I are considering migrating our forum at www.logon2life.com from phpbb to vbulletin as we think the design of vbulletin looks much better. Is its functionality much better than phpbb? Is it possible to backup the database from the phpbb forum and then somehow import it into vbulletin:confused:

This sounds a bit too good to be true meethinks but I though I'd ask anyway:rolleyes:

Would the only option we have be to start the forum again from scratch using vbulletin:eek:

ALL feedback appreciated thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Yeah there's a free tool to do this, once you buy vBulletin you should be able to get it from the members area of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Excellent, cheers for the advice guys, looks like it is fairly straight forward:D

Advertisement