Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Odense BK V Aston Villa (Intertoto "competition")

• 15-07-2008 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

So, er....right. Hmmm.

In line with the new draconian measures, I invite all the big, nay grandslam, game discussion from far and wide. Come one, come all :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Thomas Helveg plays for them I hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Antithetic wrote: »
    Thomas Helveg plays for them I hear.
    /saunters off to wikipedia :o

Formerly of Milan. A Championship Manager 3 legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Be interesting to see the Line up, NRC and Sidwell in the Middle or Petrov? I suppose Gardener is still our only half decent RB?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

for those who are not aware Setanta Sports 1 are showing this game LIVE on Saturday at 7pm

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Be interesting to see the Line up
    At this stage, be interesting just to see a game, gettin cold turkey here :(

Formerly of Milan. A Championship Manager 3 legend.
    Right. Tell me this oh knowledgeable one, how come you never post on the Villa thread but you're on a mission for a dedicated forum??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Support the forum FFS...

Anyway Thomas Helveg, leg end!

I'm in chicago at the moment so gotta try and find out a place to watch this on Saturday morning.

Villa are gonna win 2-1 and will not be impressive, you heard it here first.

Hopefully we'll get to see Sidwell in action.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Savman wrote: »
    Right. Tell me this oh knowledgeable one, how come you never post on the Villa thread but you're on a mission for a dedicated forum??:confused:

gotta assume he posts on that Irish fan club board he mentioned that want to migrate to boards.

actually agree with Shoutman dont think it'l be pretty it will be a struggle infact IMO but we will sneak it and then have a comfortable home leg. Where are you staying in Chicago? spent the summer there last year and remember watching Villa's pre-season ntour on TV there, great city.

I'll pm you as to not drag this off topic. But already found a bar with Setanta sports so should be good for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

assuming theres no comings and goings between now and saturday, id like us to line up like this in an ideal world:

taylor

gardner---laursen----knight----bouma

routledge----nrc
    sidwell----young

agbonlahor
    carew

subs:
    parish
    baker
    maloney
    albrighton
    petrov
    delfouneso
    harewood

^^

id agree with that side Helix although wouldent be shocked if Petrov played RM. definatley a good enough team for this game but one which shows why we need improvement before the season starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Any chance Barry might be in the squad, if there is no move on the transfer situation, obviously?

Any chance Barry might be in the squad, if there is no move on the transfer situation, obviously?

Zero chance of that happening, he has been banned from attending training so I can't see MON ringing him up asking if he fancies a kick about in Denmark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

shoutman wrote: »
    Zero chance of that happening, he has been banned from attending training so I can't see MON ringing him up asking if he fancies a kick about in Denmark.

Yeah that makes sense - wasnt really thinking it through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I'll pm you as to not drag this off topic. But already found a bar with Setanta sports so should be good for it.

OT I know but I lived in Chicago for a while, fantastic city. Have to go back some time.

Anyhoo, I think Villa got a much harder draw than City! What's the story with Brad Guzman? Has he signed on? The goalkeeping situation really is the biggest area that needs to be addressed before the season proper kicks off. Taylor will do for this sort of game but certainly not long term.

guzan needs a work permit before he can be signed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Played Pats last year in the UEFA cup
    first lag was 0-0 at richer they beat us 5-0 over there
    Big strong physical side that destroyed us at set pieces
    not world beaters by any stretch but a good solid side
    Nice city and sound fans as well

Barry back at training tommorrow so it will be interesting to see if he travels for this match

No doubt he has been training on his own but he still wont have match fitness.

Savman wrote: »
    I have the best part of 200 posts on the Villa thread. My nick used to be Ibid. I've been very quiet (on the Villa thread, on Boards and in life in general) for the past six months or so because I had finals to focus on.

Now I'm finished and I'm back :)

gotta assume he posts on that Irish fan club board he mentioned that want to migrate to boards.
    I do also post elsewhere, yeah.
    Where's it on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Helix wrote: »
    assuming theres no comings and goings between now and saturday, id like us to line up like this in an ideal world:

taylor

gardner---laursen----knight----bouma

routledge----nrc
    sidwell----young

agbonlahor
    carew

subs:
    parish
    baker
    maloney
    albrighton
    petrov
    delfouneso
    harewood

I'm kinda worried about this game. Dunno if I should be or not, but if ANY of the back 5 gets injured we are seriously up the sh!tter. Imagine Laursen got a knock 10 mins into the game?!? Doesn't bear thinking about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Just watch the near post corners and you will be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Right, I'll let Martin know!!!

Where's it on?

Pm sent.

Also Gardner is a doubt for the game in odense.

as i said in the main thread

---
    dunno if this is true (as i dont speak danish) but its being reported that Djemba Djemba has signed for Odense and will line up against Villa on saturday:eek:

http://spn.dk/fodbold/superliga/ob/article1392143.ece

here are the teams and yeah Djemba x2 is an Odense player.

Odense: Onyszko, Haaland, Andreasen, Christiansen, E.Helveg, Hansen, Fall, Runstrom, Absalonsen, H.Hansen, Sorensen. Subs: Lindegaard, Ruud, Troest, Djemba-Djemba, Bolanos, Nielsen, Bisgaard.

VILLA: Taylor, Gardner, Bouma, Laursen, Knight, Reo-Coker, Sidwell, Young, Petrov, Agbonlahor, Carew. Subs: Parish, Harewood, Salifou, Routledge, Osbourne, Maloney, Baker.

so its:
    Taylor

Gardner--Knight--Laursen--Bouma

Petrov--NRC--Sidwell

Young

Agbonlahor---Carew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Thats a pretty weak team imo. A few good players but some very weak ones also.

DSB wrote: »
    Thats a pretty weak team imo. A few good players but some very weak ones also.

I would think/hope its good enough to beat Odense though (assuming your talking about Knight, Taylor & Gardner at RB and not the Danish).

remember they will be a lot fitter than Villa or atleast further into their seasons preperations aswell as being at home it wont be easy, 1 - 0 and id be happy then make sure in the home leg.

I would think/hope its good enough to beat Odense though (assuming your talking about Knight, Taylor & Gardner at RB and not the Danish).

remember they will be a lot fitter than Villa or atleast further into their seasons preperations aswell as being at home it wont be easy, 1 - 0 and id be happy then make sure in the home leg.

Petrov too. And the subs bench with the exceptions of Maloney and Harewood. Makes our situation look all the more worrying. We should still beat these though.

• Advertisement

Commentater: "Eric Djemba Djemba spent 2 & a half years at Aston Villa not that you would have noticed him"

Here the match isn't on Setanta Ireland, even though the TV guide says it is?

its on Setanta 1 aswell if you/they've got it

1-0 big John Carwoooooo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Supposed to be on Setanta Ireland, but the fecking golf is still on. Haven't got Setanta 1.:mad::mad::mad:

its on Setanta 1 aswell if you/they've got it

I don't, no. But it says on my NTL that the match is on but they have golf on.

• Advertisement

1-0

carew '7

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

1-0

carew '7

Gift, come on lads, make this a slaughter.

from the look of things I gave the danes a bit too much respect Villa have all the ball

Setanta have the same golf as BBC 2 which is over at half, hopefully they'll have the Villa on then.

Setanta have the same golf as BBC 2 which is over at half, hopefully they'll have the Villa on then.

Gonna ring them up and let them know exactly what I think about it now anyway.

• Advertisement

odense look very very poor

id like to see us capitalise before they start getting their shìt together

FECK FECK FECK sidwell og

lol

steve sidwell scores!

og

1-1

Watching this through a torrent now. Disgusted at Setanta Ireland.

to be fair, we've looked well ropey the last 5 mins

FFS.

to be fair, we've looked well ropey the last 5 mins

was about to say Odense were starting to look less **** but FECK, cmon Young and co. get back that lead to bring back to VP

Odense gaining confidence now too

WTF Djemba Djemba on already!

WTF Djemba Djemba on already!

He'll probably score as well.

thats it im getting a drink, this is one of those games where im going to be well happy at the end or angry/annoyed and in either case ill wanna be drunk before hitting the town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement