Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Odense BK V Aston Villa (Intertoto "competition")

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

On Setanta Ireland, 37 mins late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if we go into the league season with gardner at right back, we dont have a hope of anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

On Setanta Ireland, 37 mins late.

Yeah, so I saw. Zat Knight has been his usual ****e.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Helix wrote: »
    if we go into the league season with gardner at right back, we dont have a hope of anything

I'd say some of our signings might hinge on qualifying for the UEFA cup.

we might not get into the uefa without a right back tbh

I'd say some of our signings might hinge on qualifying for the UEFA cup.

I don't believe that at all. Any player with the sort of attitude we want at the club, would have the belief that we'd make it through a team like Odense with him in the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Every Odense attack coming down our right. We did well in the end to go in level. Reo-Coker brought back to cover Gardiner now. We are blunted going forward now. Need Petrov to get on the ball and control this game.

time to feed the hare?

Definate possibility especially with the card happy ref. Will be interesting to see how MON lines them up this half.

• Advertisement

I don't think I'm as much disappointed by the performance here, as I was when I read the starting lineup and realised just how bad our situation was.

our ash is running a big risk

can see him getting sent off if hes not substituted

but shock horror, we've nobody to replace him with apart from maybe albrighton

This is terrible stuff.

back to our mindboggling worst

VILLA: Taylor(not upto it), Gardner(only good enough for backup), Bouma(first team quality), Laursen(first team quality), Knight(not upto it), Reo-Coker(first team quality), Sidwell(first team quality), Young(first team quality), Petrov(only good enough for backup), Agbonlahor(first team quality), Carew(first team quality). Subs: Parish(not upto it), Harewood(only good enough for backup), Salifou(not upto it), Routledge(not upto it), Osbourne(not upto it), Maloney(only good enough for backup), Baker(not upto it).

By my count thats only 7 players good enough to be part of our first team, with 4 good enough for backup. We actually need about 9 new players, 5 or 6 of which need to be big enough name signings. I'm shellshocked reading that. Didn't realise our situation would just this bad.

we need a better forward than gabby tbh

• Advertisement

Probably but its far down on our list of priorities. I can see us being relatively disappointed again at the end of the transfer window. We've finished the season 2 months ago and have made 1 signing. How the hell are we gonna make another 9 or so in the space of less than a month?

see what i mean?

gabby needs to be off the pitch NOW

awful

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I remember saying that he needed competition or to be replaced and everyone went mad, he's good, he's still developing but for a club Villa's size youd almost expect better. Gabby would be brilliant as an impact sub when teams are tired.

however we desperatley need a RB first while hopefully the american duo come in for GK and someone like the cannibal comes in from Chelsea to sure up the defence (though i like Davies).

gabby is great for some games, but some dont suit him, such as this

marlon needed to be on 15 minutes ago

• Advertisement

wooo go Laursen

2-1

2-1

laursen... from a set piece... lol

wholly undeserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Martin Laursen... 2-1

Good cross, good header. GET IN.

here comes the rout

gabby makes a balls of it again

the bloke has no touch or skill whatsoever

gabby makes a balls of it again

the bloke has no touch or skill whatsoever

Ah here. Thats just not true.

course it is

i rate gabby, but when hes bad, hes very very very bad

unless he can run onto balls he has nothing. this game just doesnt suit him

free just outside the box

here comes number 3...

or not

lol

• Advertisement

course it is

i rate gabby, but when hes bad, hes very very very bad

unless he can run onto balls he has nothing. this game just doesnt suit him

Agreed on the fact that he can be hot and cold, but he has got touch and skill when hes not playing ****e.

DSB wrote: »
    Agreed on the fact that he can be hot and cold, but he has got touch and skill when hes not playing ****e.

nah his touch has always been absolutely diabolical, always

jesus h christ

2-2

FECK FECK FECK

2-2

Ugh, get out of this club Knight.

hopefully this will the the huge boot up the arse MON needs to sign more bloody players, primarily defenders

hopefully this will the the huge boot up the arse MON needs to sign more bloody players

or not

hopefully this will the the huge boot up the arse MON needs to sign more bloody players, primarily defenders

If nothing else has done it, this surely won't.

full time

what a load of rubbish

• Advertisement

full time

what a load of rubbish

Agreed. And you just know O'Neill is going to come out with a whole load of rubbish after this.

double whiskey it is for me.

atleast Villa plus Freidel should have enough at home with 2 away goals already.

poor poor performance today though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Very poor from Villa, lucky to get something out of the game (if being marginally ahead thanks to away goals counts as something) to be quite honest. A bit more of a killer instict up front and Odense could have inflicted some real embarassment.

On the positive side we definately lacked fitness there so we should improve even if we do have the same personnel on the pitch. Praying we have Friedel in for the next one. I would be optimistic that we'll take them at home and that's all that counts for now. Longer term let's hope the cavalry arrive soon.

with this new weird rule, how long till we can talk about / mention this match in the main thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

homah_7ft wrote: »
    On the positive side we definately lacked fitness there so we should improve even if we do have the same personnel on the pitch. Praying we have Friedel in for the next one. I would be optimistic that we'll take them at home and that's all that counts for now. Longer term let's hope the cavalry arrive soon.
    Don't think Friedel would have saved either of those goals to be honest. May have commanded his area better, meaning there was no chance for the second I suppose though.

• Advertisement

homah_7ft wrote: »

i dont think fitness has anything to do with it

we fell apart after the first 15 minutes, theyre not THAT bloody unfit

Don't think Friedel would have saved either of those goals to be honest. May have commanded his area better, meaning there was no chance for the second I suppose though.

No he wasn't at fault. I was more commenting on what is to come. A bit of confidence in the goalkeeper goes a long way.

On the fitness front we are bound to suffer from a lack of sharpness and to a degree physical conditioning. Bouma showed that extra bit of match readiness I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

It wasn't nice looking at the line up and the subs bench and seeing just how short we are, realistically we need a minimum of 7 signings to look like a competitive squad.

Poor performance but I'm still happy enough it will be very hard to lose at home against that bunch. I thought Taylor did well in goal and Bouma looked good at left back, also Reo-coker did well in the first half but seemed to fizzle out towards the second half, Sidwell looked non existant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I taught Petrov was missing all game.

Esse85 wrote: »
    I taught Petrov was missing all game.

He almost always is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement