Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy whole foods

• 15-07-2008 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently got a copy of Gourmet Nutrition - annoyingly all the measurements are in US cup amounts.

Anywhoo I'm bent on making Granola bars and eating porridge.

I'm looking for better value for whole foods than Tesco.

I want to buy Kgs of oats AKA porridge.
    A few 100gs of various nuts - Almonds, Walnuts.
    Similar for dried fruit

I've never been to Asian market type shops - I want to avoid placed that consider whole foods as a luxury. Any suggestions for buying lots of nuts and dry foods??

ta
    flaka

PS
    I'll let you know how the Granola bars turn out!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Health food shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Tesco have recently started doing an own-brand wholefoods section. Obviously the larger stores carry more of it. But they are pretty decent, and a fairly good range. I'd say cheaper than a health shop too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,058 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Natural foods Paul St. Shopping Centre or The Quay Co-Op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Dunnes have a range of good value wholefoods, they had a 3 for 2 offer a couple of weeks ago, Tesco have their own branded range too, but in the shops I've beeen in the range seems more limited.

Advertisement