Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women in motorsport - an appreciation

• 15-07-2008 1:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Danica Patrick, winner of this year's IRL Japanese 300 at Motegi:

08_danica-patrick_081.jpg

And her beautiful CAR crossing the finish:

800px-Danica_Patrick_2008_Indy_Japan_300.jpg

Also, the greatest crash EVER on Road America by another female, Katherine Legge
    297682.jpg

Eerily similar footage to Greg Moore's demise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 NialoF1

That crash did look similar, lucky it wasn't on the ovals so there wouldn't have been as much g-force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Haven't done a google search but what happened to Sarah Kavanagh?

Hyped up by the media about a few years back, I've heard nothing since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 NialoF1

Most of them seem to be stars and all of a sudden disappear, then there's some you just can't get rid of ie. Milka Duno lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

IanCurtis wrote: »
    And her beautiful CAR crossing the finish:

800px-Danica_Patrick_2008_Indy_Japan_300.jpg

Beautiful? You've got to be joking, right? The current crop of IndyCars are probably some of the most ugly racing cars ever created. I hope when IndyCar come up with the new design for 2011 and beyond, they come up with something much nicer to look at. Something along the lines of this:

3719095fc.jpg

Penske_PC-22_Emerson_Fittipaldi_1993.jpg

mile%20007.jpg

PENSKE_123.jpg

or this:

Mansell_cart.jpg

2133988508_9f248c3d90.jpg?v=0

or any of those Indycars/CART cars from the 90's. They looked so much better than the current crop of machines so I hope IndyCar comes up with some sort of design that is similar to those cars of years ago and much more pleasing on the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

micmclo wrote: »
    Haven't done a google search but what happened to Sarah Kavanagh?

Hyped up by the media about a few years back, I've heard nothing since.

I saw her racing in the EuroBOSS race at Mondello Park in 2001 in a 1993 Jordan. Haven't heard much of her since then. Last I heard she was trying to get back into EuroBOSS having given up on her chance of getting into F1 or even GP2.

Her website here

http://www.sarahkavanagh.com/

still seems to be going but hasn't been updated in a while, from what I can see.

Other racey ladies, so to speak! :D

Michelle Mouton:

Michelle-Mouton_15028a.jpg

roc-mouton.jpg

Vanina Ickx:

00_AudiR10_Deco_02.jpg

vickx.JPG

2080474795_7019f530d0.jpg?v=0

Ickx_Vanina.jpg

Susie Stoddart. Crikey! :eek: Almost beats the Danica S.I. photoshoot, in my opinion! ;):D Pretty close run thing, anyway, between the two of them!

Susie%20Stoddard.jpg

medium_2395511997_cdc2f9664c_o.jpg

medium_2395511663_03bdd3da63_o.jpg

medium_2395511763_ddf145b611_o.jpg

medium_2396346194_d383844c77_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

what about our own Rosemary Smith?:)

P_A204_m.jpg
    Member Institute of Advanced Motorists
    International Works Team Rally Driver
    Three times British Saloon Car Champion
    Three times European Ladies Champion
    Winner Monte Carlo Rally
    East African Safari Rally
    Circuit of Ireland Rally
    Tulip Rally
    Irish Land Speed Record Holder
    http://www.rosemarysmithdriving.com/

No bikini shoot i'm afraid.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Susie Stoddart. Crikey! Almost beats the Danica S.I. photoshoot, in my opinion! Pretty close run thing, anyway, between the two of them!

Nah, its not close at all. Suzie is is more of a sweetheart than Danica could ever dream of being ;) At least off the track anyway.....That said, jasus does photoshop work wonders, she's come a long was in 10years haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Only in the motorsport forum would a thread dedicated to females have more pictures of cars than skin! I'm a little disappointed :(

Advertisement