Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: EB Streymur v Man City (UEFA Cup Qualifier)

• 15-07-2008 1:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭

Thursday, 17 July 2008

UEFA Cup Qualifying

EB Streymur v Man City, R1, L1, 19:00

So we're off to the Faroes on Thursday, the country with a population similar to the capacity of the City of Manchester Stadium. The opposition are an amateur side who currently sit tip of their domestic league. I predict us to nick it 1-0 in the 90th minute after being under the pump for most of the game!

No massive team news as of yet, though Elano, Corluka, Fernandes, Benjani and Caicedo have been given extra time off from the rest of the squad after their international exploits over the last few weeks.

Richard Dunne should skipper the side having signed a new contract with the club and Micah Richards hsould play his first competitive game for us since February.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

did you not qualify for the uefa qualifiers via fair play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Will Jo be expected to make his debut in this game? Looking forward to seeing him in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Helix wrote: »
    did you not qualify for the uefa qualifiers via fair play?

Nah FIFA Fairplayers only go into the Intertoto.
    Will Jo be expected to make his debut in this game? Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Unfortunately Jo is off on feckin Olympics duty. No doubt he'll do a cruciate while over there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nah FIFA Fairplayers only go into the Intertoto.

but intertoto games arent midweek?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

It's the UEFA Cup first round, and it would be 'Uefa Fair-players'.

• Advertisement

I've been cruelly misinformed so. Ah well, Europe's Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,439 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

some fan you are..... :D

Yeah just a glory hunter me. I won't take an interest in the competition til we at least hit the group stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

The game is also live on Setanta Sports 1. Nice one Setanta!

:eek: really? Now I need to find a Setanta Sports stream. Liveonlinefooty will have it but that never works for me.

• Advertisement

Should be much easier to get a stream with it being live. I watched Dublin vs Kerry on Setanta BB when I was in Vegas last year, no sign of the City game up yet but it may have it by Thursday

Setanta BB

It costs though so live footy doctor might be the way to go for you.

I'll try get it through sopcast or something first but if not I'll try that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

EB Streymur v Man City (Intertoto Cup)
    :D First Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup...:D

Man City should hammer them home and away.

City will be putting their strongest team out for this tomorrow night, with Roly White expected to parter Jo up front. Richards will also play after recovering from injury. No Valeri Bojinov yet though, he has a slight thigh complaint that has kept him out of training. Should be good to watch our new £19m Brazillian goal machine make his debut. Lets hope he doesn't get crippled by the butcher, the baker or the candlestick maker!

Link

Jo's gonna play? Thought he would have linked up with Brazil at this stage?

Job done. Nothing fancy, just easing into things.

Looks like the lads took the foot off the gas in the second half. Haven't seen the game but according to various reports, Ireland and Petrov were best on show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Yep Ireland was quality, and I know this is coming from a guy that had him on the team of the season(you remember Xavi?) but his first touch was excellent......

On the other hand, Dunne, Hart and Jo(clumsy terrible pass) looked not so good.

Fair play Este, always knew you were a man of taste!

Good first hitout and we've only had two weeks of training so we're a long way away from the finished article. Dyin to see Didi's goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I have 2 observations after watching some of this game

1. A Woman Referee
    2. Stephan Ireland has gone from medium amount of hair to lots of hair to now No hair

thats my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If Niko Kranjcar is rated at higher than £12m then I think Ireland should be too. I think he's already as good as him and he's 2 years younger.

• Advertisement

Advertisement