Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Spoilers (14/7/2008)

• 15-07-2008 4:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Now THAT was a bad episode of Raw. Actually no, that's not strong enough. That was the most retarded episode of Raw I have seen in quite some time. Absolutely atrocious. There was so much wrong with this show in all honesty so I think I'll just focus on the following:

- I'm loving how they are getting over their new World Champion. Shall we have him main event the show? Nah, shove him in mid-card instead and have him win a match via count-out. Yeah that'll do. Then, let him get humbled afterwards by two men so he looks like a complete twat. Niiiiice.

- What was the point of Kane's involvment on this show? If this was their attempt to get over Kane one more time then I'd call it a failure. Also, what's with the stuff about Kane giving the commentators a 'defiant apology'. Wouldn't it be defiant to NOT give an apology? Oh forget it.

- Snitsky destroying Noble. This could and should have been avoided. Pointless.

- I liked the way they earlier built up the tag champs and the crowd was raucous (especially for Cena) but what a lousy way to end the main event. JBL gets disqualified for breaking up a submission hold on his partner? What the f*ck? What next? DQs for breaking up pin-falls? King said it best, 'I've no idea what just happened.' Yeah you and the whole bleedin' audience Jerry.

- The ending of the show was just an embarrassment. Cena's clearly been reading the 'How to be a naive babyface' handbook written by Sting. Obviously it was set up for an ambush but what followed was just ridiculously stupid. We've seen this kind of thing as a means to incapacitate people before. Austin getting run over, Shane McMahon crashing a limo with Kane...but propping Cena's head up deliberately in order to run into it at high speed? Uh that's not so much attempting to incapacitate someone as it is ATTEMPTED MURDER. So stupid. I thought Kane was positioned as the psycho on Raw? All this because his limo got messed up? F*ck me this was dumb. I wonder what he'll do to the referee who disqualified him? Maybe have him shot?

I'm seriously thinking of giving up on Raw again if this is the way the writing is going. Complaints were made about last week but I felt there was at least a logical approach to things. There was little to no logic tonight. Rubbish ideas, poor matches (especially the divas match) and just the overall smell of desperation. They seem to be just throwing any idea out there.

In closing, I'll reiterate what King said - 'I have no idea what just happened.' End of rant!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Having not seen Raw in a while I kept forgetting that Punk is the champ. Total joke.

Few squash matches, great. The start of the show was almost as big a car-wreck as Impact, do the writers think that they're losing viewers to TNA or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I hope Smackdown is the show that actually tries to sell the PPV.

WWE.com reports that John Cena was only grazed by the car that JBL tried to run into him at the end of Monday's Raw. "Despite JBL's worst intentions, Cena escaped at the last minute and was only grazed, insuring that the Superstars will still face off at The Great American Bash," reads the website story. To read the rest, visit WWE.com.

I was worried there
    In a post-show dark match, Batista pinned CM Punk with a Batista bomb in a non-title match.

Not good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Just saw on wwe.com that they've edited their footage of the punk/batista altercation after the punk vs kane match. They've removed the bit where batista slaps punk so now it looks like punk shoves batista with zero provocation. Hopefully they're setting him up for a heel turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I thought RAW was really good until the bull**** 15 angles car ramming Cena

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Batista turning heel?

The only good thing about RAW is the HBK/Y2J feud

I'm glad Punk is WHC Champion at present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

DRakE wrote: »
    I thought RAW was really good until the bull**** 15 angles car ramming Cena

^^Agreed, I have to say, very entertaining raw, despite your views MNG.
    They had a lot of ground to cover from last week, and they achieved that, in some ways.

Take the kane thing: we still don't know what exactly he was on about, obviously there is speculation that it was the mask in the bag, but what does that mean, where does it go etc etc.... But they did leave it with some suspense.

The newest heel team: Rhodes/DiBiase, I'll agree, setting them up with hacksaw was stupid, at least put them in an involvement with someone recent would have been a better idea. But at least they actually had them on the show.

I'll concur that the show wasnt 5 stars, but i honestly dont think it was as bad as you made it out to be.
    You touched upon a few things which it lacked, but as a whole i thought it was an awsome show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I love that to celebrate our move to PG we attempt to run someone over in a car and squash their head :D

I reckon they had to release that statement on wwe.com quick as they got complaints.

The best thing about Raw at the moment is Rhodes and DiBiase by far IMO. Nothing else is happeining. Punk looks about as strong as Mysterio did when he was champion. Actually the Kane angle is good but since when is Kane schizophrenic (Definitly wrong spelling :D). Noble attacking the big guys is just stupid. Beth beating up Santino was good but I hope they go somewhere with it and it wasn't just filler like I think it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Take the kane thing: we still don't know what exactly he was on about, obviously there is speculation that it was the mask in the bag, but what does that mean, where does it go etc etc.... But they did leave it with some suspense.

The newest heel team: Rhodes/DiBiase, I'll agree, setting them up with hacksaw was stupid, at least put them in an involvement with someone recent would have been a better idea. But at least they actually had them on the show.

I'll concur that the show wasnt 5 stars, but i honestly dont think it was as bad as you made it out to be.
    You touched upon a few things which it lacked, but as a whole i thought it was an awsome show.

Where were the awesome bits? :confused:

The only thing that I found a plus on this show was how they made the tag champs look important. The Kane thing is stupid if Kane is still presented as the usual mid-card monster going nowhere. Batista flattened him and made him look weak which to me also makes the angle look weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

That was the worst Raw I can remember watching ever.

There was no direction and the main event ending like that was just stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i gave up on wwe some time back now just look forward to tna they finaly have a heavywaight devision and cut down on the silly endings that have plaged the company from its start

a-hole wrote: »
    i gave up on wwe some time back now just look forward to tna they finaly have a heavywaight devision and cut down on the silly endings that have plaged the company from its start

This is a joke post right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

there has been a Raw spoilers thread with numerous pages of discussion immediatley after the past three Raw's, it might not be perfect but its keeping us interested and talking about it, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

a-hole wrote: »
    cut down on the silly endings that have plaged the company from its start

Excuse me, did you see their last PPV? They booked Joe as the face (they may aswel have made Ric Flair wrestle heel in Flair country), had a bullshít finish and to make matters worse, had Booker's wife make a 3 count and then Booker left with Joe's title. Really cutting down the silly endings aren't they?

Minto wrote: »
    Excuse me, did you see their last PPV? They booked Joe as the face (they may aswel have made Ric Flair wrestle heel in Flair country), had a bullshít finish and to make matters worse, had Booker's wife make a 3 count and then Booker left with Joe's title. Really cutting down the silly endings aren't they?

The guy is troll look at his username and his ironically poorly written post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Actually he's not, he used to be a regular poster here around 2003-2004.
    He be old school.

VR!

Actually he's not, he used to be a regular poster here around 2003-2004.

Until I came here, right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Would you like another chip for your right shoulder to balance you out a little bit? ;)
    VR!

Edit: Although your profile says you joined in 05, i don't actually recall you posting here until this year, of course, i've taken about 3-4 hiatuses and a username change since 2003. Just an observation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

rovert wrote: »
    Until I came here, right? :rolleyes:

No man, I think you have a lot of us all wrong here. I like a lot of the stuff you write, I would agree nearly word for word with you on the Kane thread for instance. It's just that you seem to consider your opinion to be more valid than that of others and it kinda rubs people up the wrong way sometimes. Fair play to you for sticking to your guns if you believe in something but please consider that others feel just as strongly about their opinions too, rightly or wrongly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,487 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Not good

Ounk was ment to have been hammered by Kane though, which would make him easy pickings for Batista.

• Advertisement

No man, I think you have a lot of us all wrong here. I like a lot of the stuff you write, I would agree nearly word for word with you on the Kane thread for instance. It's just that you seem to consider your opinion to be more valid than that of others and it kinda rubs people up the wrong way sometimes. Fair play to you for sticking to your guns if you believe in something but please consider that others feel just as strongly about their opinions too, rightly or wrongly :)

Thank you, but it is up to others to decide the validity of my opinion. But I will say I do try to back up my opinion the best I can while others more often than not go the "I think x, y, x because I do" route with no back up or any reason why they came to that opinion. If you can’t back you opinion, sorry but your opinion isn’t just rational. Ill never understand why asking people for factual evidence is such an affront for some people here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Thank you, but it is up to others to decide the validity of my opinion. But I will say I do try to back up my opinion the best I can while others more often than not go the "I think x, y, x because I do" route with no back up or any reason why they came to that opinion. If you can’t back you opinion, sorry but your opinion isn’t just rational. Ill never understand why asking people for factual evidence is such an affront for some people here.

Maybe some people simply don't want, or don't have the time to fully explain the reasons why they have formed their opinions? Maybe they honestly don't know how to express why they feel a certain way. It's hard to say really but to write off someones opinion as not being rational because they (perhaps) don't have the time to fully explain it is just a little harsh. Instead of demanding evidence be provided, if the subject interests you enough, why not look for some yourself to see if any exists to either back up or counter their point? This is only a messageboard after all, not a courtroom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Where were the awesome bits? :confused:

The only thing that I found a plus on this show was how they made the tag champs look important. The Kane thing is stupid if Kane is still presented as the usual mid-card monster going nowhere. Batista flattened him and made him look weak which to me also makes the angle look weak.
    stop watching it like a mark :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Maybe some people simply don't want, or don't have the time to fully explain the reasons why they have formed their opinions? Maybe they honestly don't know how to express why they feel a certain way. It's hard to say really but to write off someones opinion as not being rational because they (perhaps) don't have the time to fully explain it is just a little harsh. Instead of demanding evidence be provided, if the subject interests you enough, why not look for some yourself to see if any exists to either back up or counter their point? This is only a messageboard after all, not a courtroom!

Yep I agree with that. Why does an OPINION have to be backed up? Its someone's opinion dosn't mean they are right or wrong. Like if someone asks me why do I like Jeff Hardy, I don't really know I always have always will. I just get excited and look forward to his matches. Rovert you going PROOF! to every post that's what annoys people. Most (I do agree with you sometimes and some people do post stupid stuff) people know that their opinion isn't agreed with in most circles but lets face it if everybody agreed it would be a pretty boring place wouldn't it and Boards wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is if people agreed with each others opinion all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I liked the promo by Simply Priceless and the match between Beth and Santino (despite Cole and Lawlorcompletely failing to put the Glamazon over). Everything else sucked ass.

Maybe some people simply don't want, or don't have the time to fully explain the reasons why they have formed their opinions? Maybe they honestly don't know how to express why they feel a certain way.!

Why go on a DISCUSSION board then?
    It's hard to say really but to write off someones opinion as not being rational because they (perhaps) don't have the time to fully explain it is just a little harsh.

Well if theyve time to reply and insult me then they have time to explain their opinion, simple as.
    Instead of demanding evidence be provided, if the subject interests you enough, why not look for some yourself to see if any exists to either back up or counter their point? This is only a messageboard after all, not a courtroom!

Good luck with that.

I liked the promo by Simply Priceless and the match between Beth and Santino (despite Cole and Lawlorcompletely failing to put the Glamazon over). Everything else sucked ass.

Yeah Simply Priceless have some good lines and Cody has knocking the **** off on changing his facial expressions every 3 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

youd swear Rovert has never had an "unproven" opinion on anything in his life.

*a side note
    Opinion "personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty"

big syke wrote: »
    youd swear Rovert has never had an "unproven" opinion on anything in his life."

On a DISCUSSION board it is somewhat prerequisite to prove/backup your opinion, which I in fact endeavor to do when I post. An opinion isn’t valid if it can disproved with fact, end of story. It is actually more in insulting to patronisingly pat someone on the head when replying to their opinion, the way I reply to people instead assumes some intelligence and knowledge about the topic from the person I’m replying to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

On a DISCUSSION board it is somewhat prerequisite to prove/backup your opinion, which I in fact endeavor to do when I post. An opinion isnt valid if it can disproved with fact, end of story.

To be fair, that is just your opinion of what an opinion is

i totally agree that some opinions can be disproven with proof, for example it was once ones opinion that the world was flat - disproven. however many opinions on this board that are being asked to be proven do not need to be proven or to be validated. if a person thinks certain announcers/wrestlers have great potential it is there opinion and cant be disproven by any fact or anyone elses opinion. end of story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

dub_skav wrote: »

If I say that my opinion is that the sky is green (something that can be disproved by fact), then my opinion on the matter is not valid

Back on topic now please

i totally agree that some opinions can be disproven with proof, for example it was once ones opinion that the world was flat - disproven. however many opinions on this board that are being asked to be proven do not need to be proven or to be validated. if a person thinks certain announcers/wrestlers have great potential it is there opinion and cant be disproven by any fact or anyone elses opinion. end of story

You've clearly havent been paying attention to how I reply to posts here if that is your view of my replies. Would it be possible for you to prove your point about me considering we are dealing with posts (tangible evidence) here by posting actual posts I did do this the way you say?

where did define what an opinion was here, actually? (see my reply to big syke)
    Fozzy wrote: »
    If I say that my opinion is that the sky is green (something that can be disproved by fact), then my opinion on the matter is not valid

Back on topic now please

Sorry but I want these lads to back up what they are saying, is alright to allow them just one more post to do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Does anyone think RAW had to many diva moments???????

I cant believe Santino jobbed to Beth (Chyna wannabe)

JP Liz wrote: »

Id like to have a diva moment :pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry but I want these lads to back up what they are saying, is alright to allow them just one more post to do that?

I don't think it'll be over with one post though

As I said in the other thread, rovert doesn't ask for proof unless the argument has a factual basis. If someone would like to quote a post where he asked someone for proof when there's no facts to prove then there'd be a point. Otherwise leave it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by validreasoning!
    I dunno, RAW's commentary isn't the worst now. Cole and King have done Smackdown in late 2001, early 2002 after Heyman was "fired". They also did a good job together at Wrestlemania XV (although Ross came back for the main event).

But Ross and Foley? I'll reserve judgment until i hear them together for a full broadcast.
    VR!

Roverts Reply
    WRONG OPINION

Quote:
    Originally Posted by validreasoning!
    I dunno, RAW's commentary isn't the worst now. Cole and King have done Smackdown in late 2001, early 2002 after Heyman was "fired". They also did a good job together at Wrestlemania XV (although Ross came back for the main event).

But Ross and Foley? I'll reserve judgment until i hear them together for a full broadcast.
    VR!

Roverts Reply
    WRONG OPINION

That was in fact a joke, hence all upper case. You know what self depreciating humour is, dont you? Please try harder

That was in fact a joke, hence all upper case. You know what self depreciating humour is, dont you? Please try harder

There was also a smiley in rovert's post, in case the joke was lost on anyone

Let's just keep it on topic now

Fozzy wrote: »
    Let's just keep it on topic now

Lets, big syke got his one and only chance.

EDIT: big syke actually went out of his way to distort what I said, here is my actual post (from three weeks ago!):http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56370479&postcount=63

• Advertisement

apologies smilies dont work on my comp in work...

anywho looking at Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes was like looking into the future so far as future world champs are concerned. i especially like the idea of DiBiase as a heel he reminds me a lot of orton...

i especially like the idea of DiBiase as a heel he reminds me a lot of orton...

He looks a lot like Orton. I was wondering if Cowboy Bob had gotten around back in the 80s

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Id like to have a diva moment :pac:

:D Don't we all! The diva moments were probably the best moments from Raw this week - it was pretty much crap from start to finish. But, at least they didn't start it with a 15 minute argument between JBL, Cena and crew! The end wasn't great - you could see the camera set up in the white car that JBL put Cena up against and they could have at least let us see Cena getting "grazed" by the car as he leaped out of the road of JBL!:rolleyes:

I made no reference to your "Proof please" way of doing things nor indeed did I even mention wrestling. I merely have a problem with this statement - which seems to run through a lot of your posts.
    On a DISCUSSION board it is somewhat prerequisite to prove/backup your opinion, which I in fact endeavor to do when I post. An opinion isnt valid if it can disproved with fact, end of story.

Everyone uses DISCUSSION boards for their own entertainment / education, the above is your opinion of what is prerequisite, just because you endeavour to prove your opinion (a pointless endeavour as you can only prove fact, not necessarily opinion). An opinion often arises where tangible fact/evidence is not appropriate, sometimes it just is.

For example, my opinion is that rugby is better than soccer, I can give all the reasons in the world, still doesn't make it a fact. Also, in my opinion lamb is nicer than beef, try proving that one.
    Also, ratings and buyrates don't prove that X is better or Y has more potential. All they prove is that more people are of the opinion that X is better, therefore they bought/watched the show. So, all buyrates are is mass opinion rather than fact.

I know the Wrestling board runs differently to most things around here and rumours need to be backed up with sources etc. But, I have an issue with the constant muddying of the waters between fact and opinion on here and have now said my piece.

I'll leave it there

dub_skav warned for going off-topic

Apologies.

Back on topic. How many times can WWE do the attempted murder with no legal consequences angle? It's getting a little tiresome

brolly wrote: »
    : But, at least they didn't start it with a 15 minute argument between JBL, Cena and crew!

thank god they didnt do that!! i think the whole cena jbl crapolla is so repetitive its been done over and over again, and not just this year. its getting more and more borin hearing cena interupted by the ding ding ding of jbs music (and vica versa) and hear them having verbhal warefare....to be honest i turn the channell these days...

Warn if you like Fozzy but this needs to be asked:
    apologies smilies dont work on my comp in work...

So after all that are you going to take back this comment below back as it isnt the problem you think it is if you had go back three weeks if what you quoted was true:
    however many opinions on this board that are being asked to be proven do not need to be proven or to be validated. if a person thinks certain announcers/wrestlers have great potential it is there opinion and cant be disproven by any fact or anyone elses opinion. end of story

There are reasons why I ask for facts to back up opinion and this very much one of those times.
    Also, ratings and buyrates don't prove that X is better or Y has more potential.

Where did I say that or something akin to that? You are projecting a view on which it I didnt express.
    So, all buyrates are is mass opinion rather than fact.

No it is quantifable data, which is fact evidence.

And so it escalates to a ban for the next person posting off topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JP Liz wrote: »

I cant believe Santino jobbed to Beth (Chyna wannabe)

They had a decent match between Mickie and Katie Lea which helped set up a match between Burchill and Kofi.

They had Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly Kelly come out and look good for a few seconds and then put more heat on Priceless by being dismissed.

Anything that puts Beth "the things I would do to that girl...." Phoenix on the screen is good by me, plus it meant Santino could be hilarious again.

Were there any more Diva sections?

Oh and Beth is far more talented than Chyna.

Edit: There was the Jamie Noble and Layla thing, but that was more a Noble segment than a Diva segment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement