Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an affordable home revalued before purchasing.

Options
  • 15-07-2008 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I got a call last night about an affordable house in an estate in North Kildare that I went to about 3-4 weeks ago. The prices start from 212K (affordable price) for a 2 bed house if I recall correctly. I realize that these valuations may have been made months ago. My question is, If I register my Interest in the property and then get it revalued and there is a huge/any drop, Are the council likely to lower the price when I present my findings? Has any one done this before? Just so you know, I was late for the viewings the day the showhouses were for sale and with the queues and everything I was number 50 something on the cancellation list. So 50 odd people have already passed over this house. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It would make sense to have it revalued. There is probably more than one property available at that location - its possible quite a few people have accepted ahead of you.

Compare details with this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055335470

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

As far as I know there is just one. There were a good few but these were snapped up on the showhouse day as was the one in question. There were loads of people there already but like I say I was well down on the cancellation list and now it seems to have come around to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 caz34

As friend got her apt revalued and it came as substantially under the original 'market value' . This did not reduce the price she had to pay but did reduce the clawback value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kites

Barry, have a look at the following discussion, you may find it useful;
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=83089

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Hi guys thanks for the responses so far. Kites thanks for that link, I see a few people have the same doubts as me. The estate agent rang me last night to arrange a viewing and the AH price is 250K so I called over to the house last night just to have a nosey and its seems very small. Dunno if its a runner, scary sh1t this buying a house! :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement