Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic light in Charlesland Park

Options
  • 15-07-2008 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

There appears to be a traffic light being installed on the spine road in Charlesland Park. I had not been aware this was in the works. I have been hoping for traffic calming speed bumps to be put in, because of the speed that some cars travel on this stretch of road, right outside my house (duplex).

However, I had not been hoping for a traffic light to be installed a couple of metres from my sitting room window. I feel this is going to be a major annoyance and also have a real impact on the value of my property. My neighbours in the apartment below will be similarly affected.

Did anyone know this was coming? I'll be calling Cuala Property Mgmt, but I wonder if this is coming from the company in charge of the spine road? Can't remember what they are called.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

However, I had not been hoping for a traffic light to be installed a couple of metres from my sitting room window. I feel this is going to be a major annoyance and also have a real impact on the value of my property. My neighbours in the apartment below will be similarly affected.

How so? :confused:
    Will it be the noise of vehicles accelerating away from the lights? Yes, that will cause extra noise but not much difference to speed bumps and you mentioned that you wanted them installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

micmclo wrote: »
    How so? :confused:
    Will it be the noise of vehicles accelerating away from the lights? Yes, that will cause extra noise but not much difference to speed bumps and you mentioned that you wanted them installed.

I was thinking about the blinking/shining lights so close to my window blinking 24 hours per day might be a bit much - also, the noise you mention, which would be more than that produced by a speed bump. If the latter was employed, it could easily be placed farther away residents' windows.

HOWEVER, after speaking to the guys doing the work, it appears to be a false alarm, so I apologize for wasting your time.

Turns out it is a prop for a scene from a feature film being shot today -- an Irish comedy called Happy Ever After (I am not making this up -- how could I?).

Turns out it is a prop for a scene from a feature film being shot today -- an Irish comedy called Happy Ever After (I am not making this up -- how could I?).

Happy Ever After?
    You're making that up! :p

Happy Ever After?
    You're making that up! :p

Sounds like it, I know, but ... no. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Maybe your house value may go up now it's in a film

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote: »
    Maybe your house value may go up now it's in a film

1. LOL
    2. touché
    3. cars are slowing down this morning, even though the fake lights aren't working yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bloggj

Hi not sure if it is a false alarm. At a recent Charlesland Court AGM it was indicated they are building a childrens playground in the middle of the spint grass which would require some sort of pedestrian crossing on both sides of the green. Might be worthing contacting your own mgt co to see how this has been progressed......there was alot of objection from residents at the time.

bloggj wrote: »
    Hi not sure if it is a false alarm. At a recent Charlesland Court AGM it was indicated they are building a childrens playground in the middle of the spint grass which would require some sort of pedestrian crossing on both sides of the green. Might be worthing contacting your own mgt co to see how this has been progressed......there was alot of objection from residents at the time.

No, in this case it's just a prop. The actors are on set in costume right now and they are about to film the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

So we know exactly where you live now. :P I have to say your first post is hilarious - easy mistake admittedly but very funny.

Just been down to watch filming and boy it's sooo slow.

I happen to be on a day off today. Makes me wonder if George Clooney ever pops into Charlesland when I'm in the office....

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Lots of Garda presence in Charlesland today due to filming.
    Garda heli did a couple of rounds earlier as well.
    cwoodms7.th.jpg

• Advertisement

So we know exactly where you live now. :P I have to say your first post is hilarious - easy mistake admittedly but very funny.

Only for today (I hope) since the lights are temprorary! However, my huffy early morning NIMBY post will be archived forever......

Just been down to watch filming and boy it's sooo slow.

I happen to be on a day off today. Makes me wonder if George Clooney ever pops into Charlesland when I'm in the office....

I noticed yer one from The Snapper/Showbands out there....not sure of the other actors.

Funny, though, that a screenwriter or director would think that a street like this should have some traffic calming on it! What an imagination!

bloggj wrote: »

Interesting thread, try to get a part as an extra OP! :pac:

I could kinda understand the point about traffic lights and I do know this crossing is only a prop.
    But are you saying people are objecting to pedestrian crossings to get to the playground?
    What’s objectionable about that? The first post complained about speeding cars and now crossings are planned are there are “a lot of objections from residents ” to your brand new playground

You’ve a great forum going here guys, I don’t claim to understand it though……..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You’ve a great forum going here guys, I don’t claim to understand it though……..
    It's best not to try...

Synopsis of the movie on IMDB. Sounds hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

Funny, though, that a screenwriter or director would think that a street like this should have some traffic calming on it! What an imagination!

my hubbie is location manager on the film, he picked the location (and not just because we wanted our patch to be immortalised on film!). charlesland is a perfect place to shoot because the roads into each cul de sac can be easily made to look like a road junction. easier than trying to shoot it on the N11!! plus it's close to ardmore studios where the production company is based for the shoot.

Tina Kelleher (The Snapper, Ballykissangel etc) is in it and so is the actor from the new Mike Leigh film Happy-Go-Lucky. I think her name is Sally Hawkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

neets, is Woodbrook Glen in Bray also a location? There was a film crew on my estate this morning as I was heading to work

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

they were definitely shooting in bray today, not sure where though. we're like ships that pass in the night at the minute! the hours are very long!

Advertisement