Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car colour - popularity on resale

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Can't imagine the colour of this car doing much for its resale value. Not to mention reducing the amount of potential buyers to one gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

WHITE_P wrote: »
    Can't imagine the colour of this car doing much for its resale value. Not to mention reducing the amount of potential buyers to one gender.
    You forgot hairdressers!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

<SNIP> uncalled for remark removed, this isn't AH[/QUOTE]

Fair enough... However, he did bring his ma and his sister in to the thread, its just impossible for a nartsider dub not to comment!!!

pburns, no hard feelings, its just the colour of a car after all... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Red with 18's....nice car BTW is it the facelift model.

Yup indeed it is HS :) Not due to pick it up until September. We (Me and mrs r3nu4l) went with the Blue in the end. We both really like the Condor Grey but it's just too close to a company car colour (as was our original Dolphin Grey choice, on reflection).

E92, thanks, I look forward to driving it.

AudiChris, thanks for your advice too via PM a while back, turns out the LED DRL's are only an option on S-Line and standard on the S3 in the UK, not an option on the sport, ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Just wondering if you could class rust as a colour:D!

A bit of a killer for resale but still better than pink.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nice choice with the blue, I don't think it matters too much as long as you avoid funny colours and black, which is impossible to keep looking even a bit nice in our climate imo.

Mine is dolphin grey and have been happy with it, not as bad as black for keeping clean and not as universal as silver. Not many used as company cars here but it is a common colour to see around.

If I was going for a new one, would prob get the monza silver that is only available in sline trim, although the quartz grey is a nice middle road between silver and grey also.

The 170TDI is a great engine in the A3, just watch out for the points on your license!

If you are that way inclined you can get factory sat nav installed aftermarket for
    about £800GBP, easy change and saves you spending the 100% audi tax! (more
    like 300% over here)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

RED ftw. everything looks better red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 RoHunter

Aruba blue would be the one i'd go for!
    but like everyone has already said, just go with the one you like the best, they're both nice colours and neither should have a huge effect on resale.
    same

Advertisement