Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too Human Demo - thoughts?

• 15-07-2008 9:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

So, anyone played the demo yet? What are your thoughts?

I quite enjoyed it. Its not the greatest game I've ever played, but it is by no means bad, and is certainly not deserving of the retarded criticisms its getting - people moaning that the cut scenes are of GameCube quality, in game graphics are original XBox quality etc etc. People spouting this kind of sensationalist crap really need a reality check. They need to find screenshots of these games they're comparing it to and sit the two of them side by side.

All in all, I enjoyed the story elements in the demo - seems really interesting, and the cut scene animation and voice acting was very good. i liked the combat system, and the pretty cool weapons and armour upgrades i found, and the graphics were more than servicible, especially considering the complete absence of load times and the numbers of enemies. I didn't come across any of the reported frame rate issues.

I think people are just hating this game because its so fashionable to, despite the fact that the demo has shown its a solid fun game. Chances are it'll bomb as a result of the ignorant masses of teh interwebz. This'll be a real shame for two reasons, 1) Silicon Knights do not deserve the flak they've been getting for this game and 2) many people who listen to the nay-sayers will end up missing out on a good game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Agree with most of your points. Demo was ok, not great but not awful. The camera controls are horrible IMO though, thats my major gripe. Found the story intriguing and looting and levelling is always fun.

All in all its hack n slash gameplay does not compare to the likes of DMC, God Of War or Ninja Gaiden for share coolness. Maybe im just playing it wrong though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah, in fairness there were one or two times when the camera got in the way, but I found it quite manageable most of the time. Usually just tapped the re-centre button every now and again and that helped. Even greats like Ninja Gaiden had dodgy cameras!

And yeah, I think the gameplay works better if you think of it as a futuristic Diablo instead of the likes of Ninja Gaiden, God of War and DMC. I really don't think its in the same genre as those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It was a lot of fun with a terrible camera that may ruin the game. Being surrounded by off-screen enemies and being unable to see who you're attacking is pretty poor stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The demo was good fun. My main issue was the camera, its may very well be a game killer. Being unable to control it is really annoying and I got really lost sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

I think that it was good fun except for (like everyone else) the camera. I thought the graphics were nice actually and the story seems very interesting.
    I think to really start to enjoy he game you would have to play for longer than the demo let's you

• Advertisement
Advertisement