Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro Turf or Indoor Soccer venue?

Options
  • 15-07-2008 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have just recently moved to Dublin and am looking to set up 5(6) v 5(6) indoor/astro soccer among friends each week(We have enough people).

Does anybody have a list of venues with contact numbers or a contact number for a venue they use themselves?

Im living in the Rathmines area so I would like to stay south side if possible or city centre.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I play here every week:

http://www.astropark.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Suzyq

Here's another one for you -

http://www.astro.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If you say where you live it might make it easier. The YMCA on Aungier St rent out their hall for indoor games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

jdivision wrote: »
    If you say where you live it might make it easier. The YMCA on Aungier St rent out their hall for indoor games

I have only played there once years ago, but what i remember about the place is that it is tiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

Up on the roof of Belvedere college is the best of the lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

yeah what part of Dublin would suit you best, if around the northside I can think of portmarnock sports and leisure club - has both indoor and outdoor, or Santry/coolock astropark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

We played out in Tallaght last night at 9 & there were a couple of courts/pitches whatver u wana call them free around us.
    Even we had only 8, so a few stragglers around the place might soon find a game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

UCD have a good few pitches. It is close to Rathmines too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

BrightEyes wrote: »
    UCD have a good few pitches. It is close to Rathmines too

I'd hardly call UCD close to Rathmines :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

BrynW wrote: »

Terenure and St. Marys (rathmines) are close, but are usually full.

I'm on the lookout for somewhere close the City centre myself, seems impossible to find somewhere to play, or find people to play with

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

BrynW wrote: »
    By bike its what? 15 minutes? Cycle to Ranelagh which is just up the road from the Clonskeagh entrance/exit, and Rathmines is little over 5mins up the road before Centra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

irishtown stadium in ringsend.. not too far away imho...

Advertisement