Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rug Doctor Rental

• 15-07-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got feedback on the Rug Doctor machines which you can rent from Homebase? I was thinking of getting one to do the stairs, landing and a couple of upstairs rooms.

Is it worthwhile?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I rented one about 2 years ago to clean carpets in a place I was renting and found it to be great :)

Since then I bought a Vax carpet washer and that works just as well. If you'll be in that property for a while and intend on keeping the carpets then you could do worse than buying a carpet washer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

TOTALLY worth it! The difference was unbelievable. Am actually getting one again this weekend to give it another go a year on. Kids wreak havoc on the carpets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 steelrod

i have just rented the Hagerty carpet cleaner and it is much more versitile and easier to use. it is nowhere near as heavy as the rugdoctor machine and cleans right up to the skirting boards without the need to attach the hose and get on your hands and knees.
    gives fantastic results
    gets my vote every time!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Does anyone know how much it costs to rent one of these? (including the shampoo cost etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 steelrod

the Hagerty machine is cheaper and easier to use. I know the doctor is about 40 Euro.....Quote=Brycen Plain Reactionary;79145049]Does anyone know how much it costs to rent one of these? (including the shampoo cost etc.)[/Quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Rented one of them. REALLY is worth the cash think it was about 30 per day???
    Only gripe was the attachment for doing the stairs is USELESS apart from that on the main flooring its really really good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

You can also rent them online at tesco. They have the lockers for them instore. might be no harm to compare prices - think its 32€ for 2 night excluding shampoos.

Advertisement