Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table Quiz fundraiser for Padre Pio Leprosy Rehabilitation Centre in Ghana

• 15-07-2008 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Battle your cranial prowess against others for this very good cause.

Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008
    Time: 8:00pm - 11:00pm
    Street: Clonsilla Road
    City/Town: Dublin, Ireland
    10 euro per person.

So basically a bunch of young people from the d15 area are going to Ghana to
    give of their time as volunteers and one of them is my sister.
    After several requests we have decided to make our farewell do a fundraiser... we are looking for attendees at a cost of €10 ahead or sponsorship in the form of spot prizes if you can help in anyway it would be appreciated.

We are leaving to work in Cape Coast on the Southern Coast of Ghana in Africa. We have self funded all travel and accomodation expenses but after several inquiries we have decided to hold our farewell party as a fund raiser, any funds raised will be used in the small community where we will be working to fund things like medical and physio supplies.

If you cant make it to the event but would like to offer a donation towards the trip or in the form of a spot prize we would also really appreciate it.

Knowing my sister the questions are bound to be intresting so if you can support this cause in any way even just by coming along that would be wonderful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Tables of four?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

thats a really nice cause that your sister is working for.

unfortunately, i'm in a different neck of the woods and can not be there on that night, but if you are accepting donations on line, i'd be happy to help out in that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

I shall be attending with 3 or 4 more intelligent people:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Anyone else going?

• Advertisement

nevf they don't have a specific way for the fundraising they are doing but
    here is how to donate to st vincent de paul via thier site.
    http://www.svp.ie/index.cfm/loc/3.htm

You can throw this up in quizzes/puzzles too

Cheers.

Thank to all that attended, it certinaly was a fun evening and a word of thanks from the girls.

To all that contributed and attended thanks so much for your support. We raised over €1000 yesterday between the quiz, raffle and contributions from those that were unable to attend. We are really humbled by how generous everyone has been and want to thank you all most sincerely.
    We are leaving Thursday morning first thing, we will probably see alot of you before we go but if not enjoy the rest of your summer, keep an eye on our facebook sites for Blog updates and we will see you when we get back.
    Thanks again,
    Elaine & Dee

My friends and I had a really fun night. Most pub quizes are deathly serious. It was good fun and I won a bottle of whiskey for the Declan Kidney answer,(Declan Liver as his replacement):D. My OH won a golf t-shirt and glove. He was chuffed! Hope your sister and friend have a wonderful experience and it was a pleasure to meet her. Great girls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Great night Thaed, delighted the girls raised so much money. I hope they have a safe and enjoyable trip.

golly, didn't realise you were there, I was at the table in the middle of the floor that was closest to your's.

Zaph wrote: »
    Great night Thaed, delighted the girls raised so much money. I hope they have a safe and enjoyable trip.

golly, didn't realise you were there, I was at the table in the middle of the floor that was closest to your's.
    I saw you Zaph, I was sitting on the end seat right inside the door. Too shy to say hello. :o Next time.

I don't bite you know. Well not unless I'm asked politely. :D

orly ?

Think we will have to have bash at having another d15 beers.

Sounds good to me, let me know when you have it sorted. :P

*stares*

Thaedydal wrote: »
    orly ?

Think we will have to have bash at having another d15 beers.
    Where were you sitting Thaedydal? Are you dark haired or fair? Thought you were the girl in the stripey top. I,ll defo be at the next D15 beers:D

Ah so you had on the grey t shirt with the cute smilie face on :)
    I was sitting the left of you in the other corner beside the winning team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I saw you get the whiskey. Decaln Liver was good though!

I was on Thaeds left, on the winning team. :D

Yep,that was me! Belated hello to you both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement