Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delija_sever029: 1 week ban from bgrh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

And also once again i need to said its not problem here with the people i am talking about mod

You really need to post links man.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

irishbird wrote: »

now take your ban like a man , its only a week

The problem witht his kind of argument, and it's not specific to this thread, is that if the poster feels it's an unjust ban then they're presumably much less likly to PM the mod to let them back in, especially as the mods often want some kind of apology.

For, eg, I haven't seen sueme in the parenting forum after her ban. I htink it's probably up by now, but I doubt she'll be back. That's a great shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

funny-pictures-cat-needs-a-hug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

javaboy wrote: »
    ^tbh

*Claps sarcastically*

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The cat pics have started, time to lock the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

The point is that Thead understood me wrong,i wanted to say just so it seems i am ignored,she took it like i am complaining on it coz of previous experiences,the point is Thead it wasnt my intention,thats why i got angry coz that wasnt the point this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Fighting over imaginary alcohol.
    Is this the Ireland of the future?

I blame it on the recession

If first time i deserved ban definitly coz of not understanding rooles of the bar this time i was just gving comment as a lot of people do when they dont get their "beer" or something and coz of previous bad experience she probably thought i am doing it again,and it wasnt my point,so when i saw ban i got pissed and overreacted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's not a real bar delija ,' it's not even real life as we know it captain ' .People come and go in the bar all the time and some stay around longer than others. But just as in any other thread , i never did and never will get hung up about sombody not replying to my quote . Some days in the bar are better,funnier boring than others .

We have all have ordered a drink and being kept waiting ,some of us still are ;)

It's nothing personell .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

funk-you wrote: »
    You really need to post links man.

-Funk

I've posted links Funk. Look back the way :)

I happened to be around when it happened.

I had a word with Delija in the thread and also by PM and he did eventually listen and just calm it down a bit. I think himself and Denman resolved it between themselves within the thread in the end. BUt PMing all three mdos excessively over something that happened in the most light-hearted thread I've ever come across is just wrong - plain and simple.

Even if he thought it was personal abuse, the report post button should've been used and nothing more said about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

delija_sever029 I am asking for the last time do I have your permission to put up your pms to me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

delijaissorreh128606034491035172.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thaedydal wrote: »
    delija_sever029 I am asking for the last time do I have your permission to put up your pms to me ?

Maybe he has you on ignore?

I am repeating again its not about i was really ignored i just gave some comment coz noone was answering i dont get why everyone took it so serious,last 2 month i wasnt ignored so why would i be now and why i would complain about it,it was just a post coz i was leaving boards,dont everyone make drama about it,there are few joking posts like that every day and i am saying i dont get why only mine was punished with banning?But coz mods have some bad experience previous time they probably thought i am starting again and they were wrong this time,thats why i got pissed with this reaction at the end,and I AM NOT moaning for being ignored coz i am not definitly,all i am talking about is that i think my ba was overreacted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It's not gonna happen and if his PM's are in any way untoward or weird then they should just be looked at by an Admin tbh.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56569224&postcount=46

It seems he already put up a PM from you without permission, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi all

I just came across this thread and after reading through it all I feel I must post a response. It is light banter in the bar and for someone not used to Irish humour it must be difficult to comprehend. I honestly didn't think it would go this far but nonetheless here we are. Ok delija you have received a ban from the Mods. You know you get banned here for a reason so check the charter and just take it on the chin. It is not a life changing event is it? When the ban is over I am sure you will be welcomed back at the bar by everybody, myself included. I only joined here a month ago and it takes a bit of time to get used to the landscape. There are no serious discussions put up by me or other posters at BGRH are there? It is a fun and games. Another thing I would recommend for you to remember is not to take anything said here literally.

I have put up many posts where after leaving for a while and returning to see that there have been no responses.That's part of the game, obviously people are doing other things and maybe havn't had the chance to respond, or the topic changes and all of a sudden pages fly by and it is forgotten. It is not done on purpose it just happens, something else comes up and it takes a life of it's own. Just think of this as a break. Like what another poster said recently this will give you time to look in and see what happens over the next week or so and then when your ban is up you will be in a much better frame of mind to come back in again. Your seat will still be there delija_sever029 don't worry about that.

See you later.

Den

I am repeating again its not about i was really ignored i just gave some comment coz noone was answering i dont get why everyone took it so serious,last 2 month i wasnt ignored so why would i be now and why i would complain about it,it was just a post coz i was leaving boards,dont everyone make drama about it,there are few joking posts like that every day and i am saying i dont get why only mine was punished with banning?But coz mods have some bad experience previous time they probably thought i am starting again and they were wrong this time,thats why i got pissed with this reaction at the end,and I AM NOT moaning for being ignored coz i am not definitly,all i am talking about is that i think my ba was overreacted

Delija, I think it's been explained that it wasn't that post you got your ban for.

It was your reaction to the reply you got from DenMan. You became somewhat rude and aggressiive, which is something that never happens in the bar. So I think Thaed banned you for that.

Thaedydal wrote:
    delija_sever029 I am not as nice or as patient as Tom Dunne. Report posts you have an issue with do not whine in the forum, when you whine people see that what they have said had caused a reaction you have learn to ignore posts and not rise to them.

I will not tolerate you whining that people are not as friendly as you want them to be and it is nothing to do with you not being irish how dare you accuse me and all the other posters of being xenophobic.

Its all cool

I think i said here its all ok coz i fixed the thing and you still banned me after and yes you can post whtever you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

pm's are ment to be kept private but if anybody uses them in quotes in a post then they will loose kudos all round .

Are ya Malahide delija?

• Advertisement

Den dude as i said its all ok,we had missunderstanding and its all ok,i just dont get why i got ban after it coz everyone saw we fixed missunderstanding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Thaedydal wrote:
    You have been banned from bgrh forum for a week after failure to comply with mod direction and for your repeated melodramatic posting.

This is the only pm I am sending dealing with this matter if you wish to appeal it you may do so in the feedback forum.

I dont care,i expected this coz if i dont allow everyone to spitt on me i get banned,hope you are happy all now,if thats friendly bar than i am not interested in that friendship,and mods cant wait to ban every stranger who come on that thread

Please provide links to where people have spat on you in the forum.
    Please provide links to where 'other' 'strangers' have been banned.
    And about fitting in i know all the time theres no chance for it,simple reason,i am some foreigner and you are company that hang out in private life,i would probably act same as you do,but if you think only reason is to ban me and warn me whenever i try to complain on something is to protect your friends i think its not fair,last time few people were ofending me and when i said you know stop it,Tom banned me,its easier than to argue with friends right?If you think i am really so annoying i can leave that place and never write there again

Please provide links to where the mods abused their power in their friends favour.
    Please provide the links to the posts you failed to report and wish to have addressed.
    I dont care,onlyone normal mod here is trout,coz you have no right to threat me instead trying to solve the problem,i will talk to him coz he is normal and not pretending to have some power like you do

Please show where I threatened you.

So me refusing to respond to your tantrums as a mod via several pms means I am not normal ?
    This is just funny:pac:
    You know by yourself i was acting normally in the bar and without anything bad but dont make fool of me trying to say that its normal in Ireland that you come to some stranger and call him a clown,i wont take it from strangers coz that what are u saying is a lie,and i am not some baby i just asked you to make it stop with some warning or something coz i can joke like that with someone who i know and not with strangers who trying to provoke,and about your forum,ask yourself why you have only 30 people there,coz noone care to talk there when they see that all you are doing is to ban everyone who dare to say something to your private friends or tryed to get along in the bar or to complain if your friends making some ****s,you folks making some private forum there

So failing to report posts which you find offensive and consider personal abuse is normal behaviour ?

Throwing a strop and posting that you are leaving the bar is normal behaviour ?

Posting declarations that people are having a go at you is normal behaviour ?

Expecting a mod to pm you after you have not reported a post have thrown a strop in thread is normal behaviour ?

Expecting a mod to pm you and talk you down when they have looked over the thread and not seen abuse is normal behaviour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Fighting over imaginary alcohol.
    Is this the Ireland of the future?

Excuse me, it's not just imaginary alcohol. We also do food. You obviously haven't met Rambert, our chef.

Internet Bars - serious business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Internet Bars - serious business.

No denying it.

There's quite a barrier in terms of language and tech familiarity with vBulletin as far as I can tell in this case. Perhaps Feedback is not the best place for this, too public!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Brother Tom, I can act as Bouncer if needs be, drop me a PM. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

This has gotten completely out of hand, and up until 5 minutes ago, I didn't know what the root cause was.

My advice to delija_sever029 on thread, via PM, and now in this forum is simple.

1) Stop reacting badly. If a post offends you, report it.
    2) Calm down. Take a break. Visit other forums.
    3) Arguing with a mod on thread, or via PM, will not end well.
    4) BGRH bar thread is not a chat-room, different rules apply.

Now, my brain hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

nkay1985 wrote: »
    RIght, to be somewhat helpful, here's where this all started.

Post 61911 by Delija, responded to by post 61914 by DenMan.

Read for about 80 posts from there and you'll all have an idea of what happened. Delija is from Serbia and, as such, it's sometimes difficult to understand what he means. That's why his posts here are difficult to decipher.

From reading through the thread there I agree with Thaed. You brought nothing to the thread but attention whoring and you brought the conversation down.

You automatically took the defensive at the clown comment (Which is actually Irish humour whether you like it or not tbh) and even when DenMan explained to you that it was meant as a joke you continued with your childish "The world is out to get me" type whining in thread. Your comment after Thaed's was enough to earn you the ban. Instead you were given four warnings!

Then you come back again with your childish remarks.
    *ignored by everyone delija leaving bar without word*

I don't know if you realise how annoying that sort of comment is. I find it extremely annoying and would be inclined to ignore you for that comment alone.

You seem to make up your own rules. Irish people don't have that humour because you don't like it. Thaed's reaction was because she's friends with DenMan (I don't actually think that's true?).

I don't think you understand how the forum works. As Wilburt said, take the ban. Come back and stay in the background. Watch how people interact with each other there before you post.

If you actually looked around boards you would see plenty of comments like the one DenMan made calling you a clown. People don't get offended by them because we know they're made in fun.

Also..
    I am sorry coz i already had once situation like this and it seems even i am trying to be fair and not to do or annoy anyone like i probably did at the beggining,there are still some people like this guy who even dont know me and obviously have something against me and he dont know by him self what?Is it a problem i am foreigner?I just dont get why am i so different to be teased by some people all the time,i am trying to talk normal to anyone coz my intentions on these boards are friendly,it just seems that arent all the irish folks are so friendly to everyone

Get over it. It was already explained to you by the time you posted this that it was a joke.

If you don't like how things work then don't post. It's not up to any of the boards mods or users to mollycoddle or dance around you for fear that they'll offend you.

I don't know denman in real life dont' think I have ever met them or even been in the same postal code.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im very confused.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement