Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delija_sever029: 1 week ban from bgrh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Sully wrote: »
    Im very confused.

join the club :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Internet Bras - serious business.

Fixed that for ya.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully wrote: »
    Im very confused.

So am I, however the cats are really enjoying the drink in the bar

116559720_f3e3d46275.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I don't know denman in real life dont' think I have ever met them or even been in the same postal code.

There goes the special friends theory then!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Cabaal wrote: »
    So am I, however the cats are really enjoying the drink in the bar

I'm sorry, the only cat we allow in the bar is Nerin's Beercat.

I really should get out more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Christ I need a drink after reading through this. :rolleyes:

Is the bar open young Dunne?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

expecting to see thread lock and perma ban of poster in T- 24hrs (most likely less)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

I don't know denman in real life dont' think I have ever met them or even been in the same postal code.

Yep I don't know Thaedydal also, just both anonymous posters who hopefully have put an end to this unfortunate mix up. :)

Wilburt wrote: »
    The cat pics have started, time to lock the thread

but...but we haven't filled out 30 cat pics quota yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

But nothing young Cabaal!

Issue seems to be resolved... let it be *breaks into song*

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Christ I need a drink after reading through this. :rolleyes:

Is the bar open young Dunne?

The bar is always open.

We have an "agreement" with the local Gardai. Like they do in Donegal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The bar is always open.

We have an "agreement" with the local Gardai. Like they do in Donegal. :)
    Good news travels fast ;)

Wilburt wrote: »
    But nothing young Cabaal!

Issue seems to be resolved... let it be *breaks into song*

ah young?
    wtf :eek:

wouldn't consider myself young anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Whoa, why was I never informed? There's a bar open all the time?

Does virtual beer actually taste nice though? If it is nice, I'll definitely be wandering in (but only if I'm made welcome apparently).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's people themselves that make themselves welcome or unwelcome with thier behaviour,
    read the charter for the forum and abide by it and it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Ok,as i expected Theady opened this thread even after her first PM i answered all is ok coz i fixed thing with DenMan,i still dont get why she started sending me other PM's after i fixed situation and provoke my later overreaction,also i sent her PM that i am accepting ban and i wont open thread here and its ok,its only 7 days and she still opened thread even i said i dont want it,are you sure this thing needs to be so public?Is the point to blame me in front of everyone and make my boards participating end in this way,while everyone will join in blaming me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Not that you know of anyway!!! *shift eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Ok,as i expected Theady opened this thread even after her first PM i answered all is ok coz i fixed thing with DenMan,i still dont get why she started sending me other PM's after i fixed situation and provoke my later overreaction,also i sent her PM that i am accepting ban and i wont open thread here and its ok,its only 7 days and she still opened thread even i said i dont want it,are you sure this thing needs to be so public?Is the point to blame me in front of everyone and make my boards participating end in this way,while everyone will join in blaming me?

I dont really think anyone is blaming you for anything. Please dont take any of this personally. Feedback can be a bit like this sometimes ... thats just the way it is and none of it is really meant to offend. Some have pointed out what they think you have done wrong and suggested better ways for you to act in the future.

I think that because you come from a different culture/country, are fairly new to boards, and may not have as good a grasp of English as others here you have been misunderstood and have yourself misunderstood some of the reactions in BGRH.

My advice is this;

1. Dont leave boards ... I dont think anyone here really wants to see that as a result.
    2. Dont reply anymore to this thread ... let it dye naturally.
    3. PM thead and make your peace with her. I'm certain you have learned from this.
    4. Take the ban and learn from the experience.
    5. Use this as an opportunity to browse other forums. I'm absolutely certain you will find something that interests you. There is a lot to this site.
    6. Dont let this experience put you off the site. Its a great place here, and with a bit of patience and understanding you can become a "better" member of the community (and maybe even make a few friends).

Please take my advice my friend, and we might even meet again in motors or snowsports or DIY over the coming weeks.

muffler wrote: »
    Good news travels fast ;)

Actually, Sgt. O'Leary used to work in Donegal. He was "promoted" to our local station.
    Whoa, why was I never informed? There's a bar open all the time?

Does virtual beer actually taste nice though?

Of course nothing will ever top the real stuff, but it is a close second. It's more the craic in the bar that we go for. Plus we have loads of hot wimmins.
    It's people themselves that make themselves welcome or unwelcome with thier behaviour

Thaedydal speaks the truth.

Ok,as i expected Theady opened this thread even after her first PM i answered

Wrong this thread was only open today after you did not stop pming me not after the first pm informing you of your ban last night.

all is ok coz i fixed thing with DenMan,

Only after you failed to report the post, threw a strop in thread, were warned to curb your behaviour and didn't.
    i still dont get why she started sending me other PM's after i fixed situation and provoke my later overreaction,

You kept pming me complaining to me, protesting the ban and insulting me.

also i sent her PM that i am accepting ban and i wont open thread here and its ok,its only 7 days and she still opened thread even i said i dont want it,are you sure this thing needs to be so public?

You sent me no such pm.

Is the point to blame me in front of everyone and make my boards participating end in this way,while everyone will join in blaming me?

You make the choice to participate or not no one else.
    You do not seem to think the site rules of reporting posts apply to you.
    You are subject to those rules like everyone else, but you can't seem to grasp that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

delija man you are clearly welcome in the bar, you cant take ANYTHING said in there too seriously (and before anyone says it...i know i know...internet....serious business) there was a communication breakdown and a minor over reaction and now you are banned, just deal with it, travel a bit more on boards, and when you get back there will be a frosty pint waiting on ya!

edit: and dude you should let ur pm's be posted, that way we can see that you were/weren't being abusive to thae!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Dunno why dirty linen had to be washed here, tbh.

What do they say of bouncers..the best ones are those who do their job without those inside knowing? I know, for one, I certainly never needed to know or will ever need to know what someone said to whom where or when.

I mean smashey hit me last night in the bar, but I didn't come here complaining - I got him a few pints and afterall, I did take some of his buffalo wings. And life went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I am done with this thread,as i said i was against idea to be opened and to talk about this coz its not big deal at all,i accepted ban at the beggining but i still think it was overreacted coz they didnt understood point of that post i wrote and thats why i overreacted,i see that they took it in wrong way than its meant to be and later i got pissed coz of ban coz i think it could finish in normal way coz i fixed the thing with DenMan and sent Theady a PM where i said its all cool and i tryed to continue posting normaly on and than when i expected all its ok i just posted that sentence without meaning to moan or be a crying baby as she said and she took it wrong,i dont see anyone else was complaining about that i wrote,but nevermind,i am not gonna fight with anyone and who ever want to talk i am open for it,i am browsing other subforums and made some good contacts so i still think there are good places here.And about people in bar as i said there are also good people and the other one who dont accept me and i dont expect it but i just dont take some things like teasing from people i dont know,thats all,thats just my temperament,if i know the guy or girl all is ok,but when i hear something like teasing from someone i never met before and talked to him i feel it like attack,still after warning i fixed that thing and dude said he didnt have bad intentions and thats why i dont get my ban,if that happened before it i would understand it but in this situation i am sorry but i dont

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Of course nothing will ever top the real stuff, but it is a close second. It's more the craic in the bar that we go for. Plus we have loads of hot wimmins.

I'm so there.

/runs to the bar.

Grames I already did post up the pms here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56569947&postcount=84

dfx- if a poster won't listen and won't answer questions in pms then I am not going to waste my time dealing with them via pm.

I had hoped that in this way he would listen, post up the links and actually answer the questions being put to him but again he keeps up with the persecution complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Listen Thaeds, the only way Pighead can see this whole sorry mess being ended amicably is to apologise to delija and to lift both his and Pigheads bans. Lets have a drink to that.

Pighead darling I suggest you FOAD.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

nothing worse than nasty pms.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead darling I suggest you FOAD.
    And there it is folks. Prove if ever it was needed that this potty mouthed woman isn't fit to be a mod. Shocking language that both apalled and aroused Pighead simultaneously.

delija for mod of BGRH.

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote: »
    nothing worse than nasty pms.

:p

which I why I take steps to make sure it don't suffer from either type.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement