Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delija_sever029: 1 week ban from bgrh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

In communist Yugoslavia Serbia Ireland, pint drinks you!

Honestly, my brain's bleeding. Some one start throwing up cat pics or invoke Goodwin's Law and stop this train-wreck of a thread!
    allmodsaren128606205850640996.jpg

done,and with just one pic. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Its a case of someone feeling the bar is not as inclusive as they wish and when they don't get the responses they want throw the head and complains " Is it cos I is foreign".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

dude-wait-what.jpg

I still have no idea whats being said :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Nerin wrote: »
    allmodsaren128606205850640996.jpg

done,and with just one pic. :pac:

Nerin, have you missed the link to the appropriate posts for the second time? :rolleyes:

You and your fondness for Lolcats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Nerin, have you missed the link to the appropriate posts for the second time? :rolleyes:

You and your fondness for Lolcats.
    the page that comes up contains no delija posts. you sir,have failed me :(

had to look for myself page 8ish http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055067267&page=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56569448&postcount=59 :rolleyes: :D

Read, and thou shalt be enlightened!

ahhhh, I is enlightened, tks NK ;). Irritatng as it is the poor guy is just trying way to hard -- the worst thing anyone could do in the bar tbh......

Dunno if he was playing the 'foreign' card though, was he? Perhaps more in the PMs.....

Nerin wrote: »
    the page that comes up contains no delija posts. you sir,have failed me :(
    ahhhh, I is enlightened, tks NK ;).

These two responses do not correlate :confused: Above, I've linked to muy post which links to the page with Delija's posts? Post 61911 in the bar thread is the first one.
    Irritatng as it is the poor guy is just trying way to hard -- the worst thing anyone could do in the bar tbh......

Dunno if he was playing the 'foreign' card though, was he? Perhaps more in the PMs.....

Yeah he was trying too hard in fairness. Must be a cultural thing I'd say. I'm not soo sure about him "playing the foreign card" tbh. But it definitely is an issue in that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

He was, both in the thread and in PMs.

Now, to finish off this thread with the dignity it deserves

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

400px-I_IZ_SERIUS_ADMNIM_THIZ_IZ_SERIUS_BIZNIS_lolcat.jpg

lolcat783278.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

These two responses do not correlate :confused: Above, I've linked to muy post which links to the page with Delija's posts? Post 61911 in the bar thread is the first one.

Your linkie brings up a random page in the thread. hence Nerins confusion and Fail accusation!
    I followed your post number instructions - hence the enlightenment!

Your linkie brings up a random page in the thread. hence Nerins confusion and Fail accusation!
    I followed your post number instructions - hence the enlightenment!

Ah must be due to me displaying 30 posts per page or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Please don't bother the mods about these sort of issues anymore ,
    they have enough on there plate .

Including dumping such childish, indescribably awful threads like this on us posters? Any other mods got grievances they'd like to air while we're at it?

Seriously, the thread has got neither 'side' any further than pm's have or would've done except everyone knows about it all now and private messages broadcast in public. Neither 'side' should be proud of it. It has all been handled with the decorum befitting that of Jodie Marsh. If delija had started it, he'd be rightly accused of having an attention seeking tantrum.

It doesn't matter what the problem, it should never ever have been brought to the forum unless the primary intention is to shame and humiliate the poster and especially by the moderator involved. Only Tom's lolcats have rescued it...but posters have to read 10 pages before they reach it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

dfx- it was not possible to have a reasonable discussion via pm and this is the venue for discussions when pms have failed and no one is forcing you to read any thread in this forum.

I have tried to resolve this but none of the questions I asked were answered and no links were given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

I've just read this from page one and was going to post an opinion but my brain just gave out .could'nt be arsed.offf to the bgrh bar for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Thaedydal, when you've read through 8 pages like I had waiting to find what warranted all the fuss and paragraph-less responses, forgive me for being frustrated that it was a futile effort. This was not a reasonable discussion either and I doubt if it ever was going to be. I also doubt if there was much covered here that either wasn't already by pm or that couldn't have been.

Other than to show either poster up. We will have to agree to differ. :)

*goes to find appropriate lolcat*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Christ my head hurts!

At the end of the day thead appears to have done her job and the OP should just take the ban and come back when it's lifted as suggested by many posters here.

Don't know why it was dragged out over 11 pages (and counting) - poor english aside!*

*not a stab at the OP but it has been an obstacle to understanding the grievance!

Gillie wrote: »
    *not a stab at the OP but it has been an obstacle to understanding the grievance!

If only you knew the half of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Ok,as i expected Theady opened this thread even after her first PM i answered all is ok coz i fixed thing with DenMan,i still dont get why she started sending me other PM's after i fixed situation and provoke my later overreaction,also i sent her PM that i am accepting ban and i wont open thread here and its ok,its only 7 days and she still opened thread even i said i dont want it,are you sure this thing needs to be so public?Is the point to blame me in front of everyone and make my boards participating end in this way,while everyone will join in blaming me?

delija, forgive me for being a pedant here. I couldn't read any more through this thread without randomly picking one of your posts to make the grammatical comment:

you need to put a space after every comma

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    If only you knew the half of it.
    Evening Tom Dunne. Pigheads missed you buddy. Any chance of letting your old pal back into BGRH? On the 193rd anniversary of Napoleons surrender perhaps you'll find it in your heart to forgive old foes and start anew.

The bans due to end on Thursday anyway so whats the harm in a little fast-tracking? Thaedydl told Pighead to FOAD which probably is some sort of code saying "Free Pighead" Thanks Tom. Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

In fairness to Thaedydal ... I think she did the right thing. He was asked not to persist with the PMs, particularly as he was 'venting' and not listening or explaining his position.

I had several PMs to & from the chap, as did Thaedydal and Tom Dunne.

Each of us asked him what was the source of his discontent, and advised him to report any problematic post so that we could all form an opinion and react accordingly.

Instead of reporting the post, he threw the teddy out of the pram and went off on a rant.
    His posts speak for themselves.

Until nkay1985 posted his links, I didn't even know what sparked delija_sever029 off, and that was after several PMs from him. This is not the first time we've had such an encounter.

He knows himself he needs to calm down, and take a breather.

If people aren't prepared to be reasonable, or are too worked up to be rational, there's only so much you can do for them.

PM is not the place for dealing with unfounded and non-specific allegations.
    If there is a genuine grievance with a post - it should be reported. Simple as.

At least by dealing with this in feedback, after the PM avenue was exhausted by three mods, it's all out in the open and subject to scrutiny.

If that means 11 pages of fruitless posts for anyone not directly involved ... tough.
    At least its transparent.

You don't have to read feedback. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Please lock this thread now. Or bring on more cat pics.

trout wrote: »
    You don't have to read feedback. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
    Cracking quote there trout. Thomas Jefferson came out with some gems alright.
    Pighead likes this one. "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."

• Advertisement

whoizyoucall128606282674178671.jpg

trout wrote: »
    Please lock this thread now. Or bring on more cat pics.

lolcat%20ske%20bew.JPG

lolcat.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Enough already.

uizboringme128600007832684979.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lads, quit with the stupid pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Sully wrote: »

+1
    The deleted topic yesterday was said to epitomise everything that was wrong with feedback. Sounds like this one fits the bill much more easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sully wrote: »

I believe it's over - what more are you expecting from this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Man, NZ sucks. I go to sleep and miss everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Yeah,party is over folks,go home:D
    And Delija will be back soon;)

Yeah,party is over folks,go home:D
    And Delija will be back soon;)
    Stop posting in the third person. It's creepy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Pighead wrote: »
    Stop posting in the third person. It's creepy.

Make me;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement