Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delija_sever029: 1 week ban from bgrh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Make me;)
    delija_sever banned for 7 months from Beer Guts & Receding Hairlines.
    PM Pighead when you're ready to apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭DenMan

I really hope this does not kick off again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I apologise:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I apologise:D
    delija_severs ban from BGRH lifted. Effective immediately.
    Thread locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Pighead wrote: »
    Thread locked.

Why was delija banned in the first place? You said stop posting in the third person and in the very next post they stopped.

I think you're abusing your powers as a mod.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ihazmadeahug128442896160625000.jpg

lolcat.jpg

Bad_cat_hides_lolcat.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Stop posting in the third person. It's creepy.
    delija_sever banned for 7 months from Beer Guts & Receding Hairlines.
    PM Pighead when you're ready to apologise.
    Thread locked.

*observe trout writing in his little black book of momentous thoughts*
    Most excellent modlike tendencies there from Pighead ... one for the future ?

Pighead making sense in a Feedback thread > lolcats

Let the thread die now. It no longer has a purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Bring on the loldogs:

funny-dog-pictures-nice-dog-wants-icecream.jpg

my-name-is-inigo-montoya-you-killed-my-father-prepare-to-die-loldog-hotdog-funny-dog-pictures.jpg

i-r-jealous.jpg

gotta-chek-mah-blackberry-chihuahua-cute-loldogs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

whilst i hate lolcats, and pigs n general - between pighead(oink oink) and the lolcats, were the only things keeping me going through reading all 10 pages of unfounded shoite...
    Thaedydal wrote: »
    Its a case of someone feeling the bar is not as inclusive as they wish and when they don't get the responses they want throw the head and complains " Is it cos I is foreign".
    Is it coz' I is black?

How does every racist joke begin?
    ..with a look over your shoulder.

Lawl!
    ^^ Kinda like 'lol', it's pronounced the same, and they both have the same meaning. I'm just applying the D4 twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Why the hell didn't you just ignore his PMs?

If you've really got a problem, escalate to a cmod or smod?

It's easy to do, doesn't create a big dramatic thread in feedback and doesn't seem like a public mob retaliation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Good point, but I can see why the thread was created at the same time.

What I would like to know how this thread is still going after 13 pages? I got lost at the start... I cant see how an issue like this can spread so far... :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Was like pulling the trigger on this gun..

gun20for20suicideon8.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bunch of hypocritical bull****, both threads. On the one hand you have a mod (whose crazy idea was it to have an overbearing wimmins patrolling the BGRH?) insisting that nothing is to be taken seriously as it's all only a laugh and at the same time having a go at a poster and banning him several pages after his (quite understandable) misunderstanding with Denman was cleared up.

It's not like Thaed is a barrel of giggles herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I am just saying i was trying and i did talking normally to everyone,i am not complaining if people was ignoring me coz they didnt last 2 month,i said that about ignoring only last night and even few people did same,so only coz i said that sentence i deservet to be banned and marked as some weirdo whos like crying baby?
    You will say these 2 month in bar was same as first time?

Why don't you just join a serbia forum like?

What affiliation do you actually have with Ireland?

Serbia's culture is obviously very different to Ireland's. If you don't fit in then you just don't and people aren't going to keep trying to accomodate you constantly when you are so obviously different.

If you dispute what I just said please post a few examples of where you feel you have been singled out or ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

pickarooney the other BGRH mods have pointed out it is to do with a pattern of behaviour
    which the poster was warned about repeatedly and when pms fail it is standard to start a thread there which is what was done to hopefuly get to the root of the issue but the poster was not able to conduct reasonable discourse.

And I am cut to the quick that that ye think I am dour, yeah right sure I am :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Why don't you just join a serbia forum like?

What affiliation do you actually have with Ireland?

"No blacks, dogs or Irish foreigners" is it? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

(whose crazy idea was it to have an overbearing wimmins patrolling the BGRH?)

It was my idea. Some of the lads actually enjoy being bossed around by a woman of substance such as Thaedydal.
    insisting that nothing is to be taken seriously as it's all only a laugh and at the same time having a go at a poster and banning him several pages after his (quite understandable) misunderstanding with Denman was cleared up.

What you have right here is a snapshot of a saga, completely out of context. Delija's history on BGRH has not been as smooth as most posters. It's not as if this was the first time he (a) completely misunderstood what was happening (b) took some light banter personally and accused people of hating him because he was foreign and (c) bombarded moderators with numerous PMs despite numerous requests to take it to feedback.

There is more to this story that is being posted here.

Sadly, this thread has descended into farce and I hold my hand up as being a contributor to some of that. But the bigger picture is that BGRH is a laugh, we don't do serious. When you have somebody taking it serious and ignoring direction from three different mods to calm down, well, what do you expect?
    It's not like Thaed is a barrel of giggles herself.

You obviously don't know her like I know her. :)

Xavi6 wrote: »
    "No blacks, dogs or Irish foreigners" is it? :rolleyes:

Bit narrow minded isn't it to interpret that as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bit narrow minded isn't it to interpret that as such.

A lot less narrow minded than to question why he hasn't looked a bit closer to home for a forum.

A lot less narrow minded than to question why he hasn't looked a bit closer to home for a forum.

All I was saying as I explained further down in my post was that his culture was obviously quite different and people are not going to keep going out of the way to accomadate him.

However he seems to think the problem is with Irish culture on an Irish site!

I'm not sure you understood my post before commenting or perhaps did not read it through fully....or perhaps I am in the wrong completely by sending out the wrong message. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Your not from around here are you Boy!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Tom Dunne wrote: »

Well, no, and I daresay neither of you knows delija enough to assume he's overly serious or a whiner, you just form your opinion based on what you can undestand of his posts...
    And I am cut the the quick that that ye think I am dour, yeah right sure I am

In English? ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Well, no, and I daresay neither of you knows delija enough to assume he's overly serious or a whiner, you just form your opinion based on what you can undestand of his posts...

errr...........this is the internet, the only thing we have to go on are his posts.

i would think that most people who know my post her think i am a complete bit.ch but am i in real life? who knows.

everyone has their own internet personna and in fairness Delija seems to rub people the wrong way.

i am sure he is a very nice person in the real world but this isnt the real world

If you don't' understand the expression " cut to the quick" and the term "dour"
    pickarooney I suggest you look them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

irishbird wrote: »
    i would think that most people who know my post her think i am a complete bit.ch but am i in real life? who knows.

I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Des wrote: »
    I know.

Me too.

Des wrote: »
    I know.
    Me too.

lol. Does everyone have an internet persona though? :confused: (as in different from more conventional social interactions)

I'm a moody c*nt in real life sometimes...does this come across though? :D

If not I'll try harder... :D:D:D

It was my idea. Some of the lads actually enjoy being bossed around by a woman of substance such as Thaedydal.

Are you saying I am fat and barrel shaped ? :P

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Are you saying I am fat and barrel shaped ? :P

Post a picture please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lol. Does everyone have an internet persona though? :confused: (as in different from more conventional social interactions)

I'm a moody c*nt in real life sometimes...does this come across though? :D

If not I'll try harder... :D:D:D

I'm the same irl as I am on here tbh.

I use my own name here too, have posted pictures of myself, so if I was too much of a cúnt people would probably see me in the street and abuse me.

I stand over every opinion I post on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement