Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delija_sever029: 1 week ban from bgrh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

@workaccount
    Speak serbian at same quality as i do speak english and than come to complain about it

This is an English language message board.

Post in Serbian and then see how many replies you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So you think that phrase "it's all cool" translates into, "I accept the ban and will amend how I post and I have resolved the matter with Denman via pm" ?

Cos I don't know what dictionary you are working from.

Des wrote: »

Thats true Des BUT its highly unfair the abuse he's gotten so far about his English skills. He cant help that overnight, it takes time to imporve and I bet most of us in here arent bilingual so wouldnt understand the effort to speak at any degree of fluency in another language let alone type which is harder. I have no opinion to post on the rest of the issue and why this thread was started but people comin in and just makin fun of the fact that he's not posting in the highest quality English is out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I am not asking him to post in serbian but if someone can moaning about my english let me here him speaking mine english at same quality as i speak his,otherwise i dont care about that complaining

Thats true Des BUT its highly unfair the abuse he's gotten so far about his English skills.
    I agree

BUT
    He cant help that overnight,

He knows there are mistakes in it, but claims he hasn't "got the time because he is typing fast" to change them?

wtf?

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    So you think that phrase "it's all cool" translates into, "I accept the ban and will amend how I post and I have resolved the matter with Denman via pm" ?

No but at same time i was talking with Den where we fixed situation and you could see that,thats why i wasnt explaining it on PM and all that was before i was banned so i wasnt mentioneing banning at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I am typing fast and i apologise for grammar and other mistakes i am making but i have no time to correct them when i am typing fast:D
    And its not language thread so please skip those things with english lessons

Thats not a pointer from where Im sitting. A pointer generally guides some, saying someone sucks at English isnt a pointer and added to that its unproductive.

Its been pointed out before a few times now that English isnt his first language and yet u come in after all of those posts givin him grief about it again. Just so you're aware Im very calm, and im not a hothead so you can out that one to bed now. I just think its pointless and unfair to give out to him for not posting like an English scholar when, as Shivering Eskimo said, he's not only learning a new language but a new alphabet.

If you're not gonna take time to read his posts then I really dont get why you're posting in this thread?

I agree, his posts take a bit of deciphering due to his broken English but thats no reason to abuse him.

My understanding of it is that he doesnt understand the clique of the BGRH forum and when he got banned for "souring the atmosphere" or whatever, he didnt comprehend why and wanted an answer. And as far as I can see its a misunderstanding now.

Delija, Id say just take then ban and wipe the slate clean. Id also advise to stop posting in thsi thread and let it die. Its gonna get you nowhere.

Good for you Neill that you are willing to read through the gripe that he admits above not being arsed to correct as he is typing fast.

Thats not a pointer from where Im sitting. A pointer generally guides some, saying someone sucks at English isnt a pointer and added to that its unproductive.

I gave him pointers to improve....commas and full stops would make a massive difference so it was constructive. He's just couldn't be bothered typing them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Or you could ignore it, and stop replying to it, making things worse.

Jeez give poor delija a break. If you had 17 pages of (unwarranted) abuse hurled at you from saying you have no sense of humour, to you cant write english properly, to go back to serbia wouldnt you want to reply?

Didnt expect Des you will join in criticizing my english,didnt mentioned that was bothering you so far on soccer forum,so i dont get why is it now?
    I am sorry to hear this from you....

people comin in and just makin fun of the fact that he's not posting in the highest quality English is out of line.

Neil: Get your facts straight mate. Who was making fun?

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote: »
    to go back to serbia
    Who said that?

Where?
    Didnt expect Des you will join in criticizing my english,didnt mentioned that was bothering you so far on soccer forum,so i dont get why is it now?
    I am sorry to hear this from you....

Where did I criticize your English, please show me?

He knows there are mistakes in it, but claims he hasn't "got the time because he is typing fast" to change them?

wtf?

I accept that. Good point. Maybe he feels he needs to reply to every post. but some posters, more than one, have just given him grief about the quality of his English rather than tryin to be productive in their views on this.

Delija, maybe try typing slower and maybe breaking your sentences into different paragraphs, that way people cant b1tch at you for your English....

Well i will try,the point is i am trying to answer fast and no matter how good i know english i am making mistakes thats all,otherwise i would write it more correct,so i dont see the point of criticizing it now

Well i will try,the point is i am trying to answer fast and no matter how good i know english i am making mistakes thats all,otherwise i would write it more correct,so i dont see the point of criticizing it now

That was a much easier sentence to read, with the commas.

Seemed to make more sense too.

Also, this is a message board, there is no need to "answer fast".

Take your time, you'll be more coherent, and people won't be as abusive to you.

Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Thaedydal wrote: »

Why did you start this thread in the first place, if you thought you were recieving abusive pms is there not a correct channel for reporting these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Any one have a bottle opener?

That was a much easier sentence to read, with the commas.

Seemed to make more sense too.

Take your time, you'll be more coherent, and people won't be as abusive to you.

Easy.

Well if you see this thread, where i have to answer on a lot of complainings i have to write fast so i can manage to answer on everything.
    And than i have no time to think on grammar,commas and paragraphs and i make a lot of mistakes, thats all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Ahem!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Lads, please, stop this madness now.

Delija has taken enough abuse, prolonging this thread is helping nobody. Attacking his English skills is bad form.

Can we just drop it?

Please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Well if you see this thread, where i have to answer on a lot of complainings i have to write fast so i can manage to answer on everything.
    And than i have no time to think on grammar,commas and paragraphs and i make a lot of mistakes, thats all...

That was your best post yet - a little bit of time spent formatting your reply so it is readable will be appreciated by everyone.

It will also give them less to complain about and you won't have to reply so fast.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Mod type people who look after feedback, i think this thread needs to be closed now.

It's very unfair on Delija and his english skills

Ok,all the madness was about i was typing fast so i wasnt paying attention on grammar and other things but i hope its clear now that was only coz i tryed to answer as fast as i can, so i hope this thing about my english is over now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Yeah its just starting to turn ugly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

dont worry delija mate, at the rate this thread is goin ur ban will be up sooner than you realise!! :D

Des wrote:

Maybe all the people callin for him to hurry up and reply (on page 1) because he hadnt posted in the thread yet, confused him into thinkin they wanted him to hurry every reply. Maybe, maybe not, just sayin, confusion can be caused by these things.
    Good for you Neill that you are willing to read through the gripe that he admits above not being arsed to correct as he is typing fast.

I gave him pointers to improve....commas and full stops would make a massive difference so it was constructive. He's just couldn't be bothered typing them though.

I realise that its not his first language so i dont immediately call him on the clarity of his posts. I make the effort.

You posted:
    The only impression I have got off you on this thread is an incredibly bad grasp of the english language...

Not a pointer, stop talkin rubbish.

You did follow up with some hints but that line was needless. "Incredibly bad grasp" of conjugation maybe but his vocabulary fine bar the odd misused word. More vast than some people in this country Id say. And that is all irrelevent to this thread.
    Neil: Get your facts straight mate. Who was making fun?

Here:

muffler wrote: »
    Clear as mud!

That one was before anyone gave him any "pointers"

And of course....
    Originally Posted by Plain White T's
    Hey there Delija
    What's it like in Serbia?
    I'm a thousand miles away
    But a/s/l tonight you look so angry
    Yes you do
    BGRH's not the same without you
    I swear it's true

Hey there Delija
    Don't you worry about the banning
    AH's right there if you get lonely
    Give Thaed's q's another listen
    Close your eyes
    Log off from boards for a while
    And go outside

Oh it's what you do to the English language
    What you do to the English language

Hey there Delija
    I know times are getting hard
    But just believe me a/s/l
    Someday you'll be unbanned from the bar
    You'll have it good
    You'll be unbanned just like you know you should
    Thaed's word is good

What you do to the English language

Facts sufficiently straight?

I'm feeling like I have to go away from this thread and not ever point it out clearly to someone again that their language is a big problem when it most likely causing them serious problems.

I think alot of people took me up the wrong way and saw what I was doing as a personal dig....I didn't intend it as a personal dig and since he has started formatting his posts correctly I think he has made a huge step forward.

I don't think anybody could argue that his posts are not much much nicer and easier to read now....sometimes people need to learn the hard way.

His grasp of english actually seems ok. I should have said grasp of punctuation. Somebody pointed out in this thread that I was missing marks in my posts and while I know mine isn't perfect at least my posts are readable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Somebody pointed out in this thread that I was missing mark's in my post's

You've a couple of extra "marks" in there to make up for it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Somebody pointed out in this thread that I was missing mark's in my post's and while I know mine isn't perfect at least my post's are readable.

Back to the grammar books, kid :p

You've a couple of extra "marks" in there to make up for it anyway.
    tallaght01 wrote: »
    Back to the grammar books, kid :p

Post edited :D I tried too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

What this thread got to do with 95% plus of the people who are posting in it anyway?

I can't see the interest in the topic to most of you, yet most are up on their high horses for no real reason except to be up there. Nearly every thread in Feedback is like this aswell and it's the same people over and over again.

This board needs some new moderation and some clarification on its use, the way it is being used right now it is not the place for the original post in this thread anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement