Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party - Ipod ??

Options
  • 15-07-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am organinsing a birthday party. There will be about 50 people at it, mostly aged 28-33. It is a buffet dinner and then drinks in a reception room in a hotel.

I was originally thinking of having a 'guy with a guitar' type entertainment but this is proving difficult to source on a tight timeline...

Has anybody been to or have any thoughts on just having a playlist set-up on an Ipod playing through the ceiling speakers as background music??

Will it work from a mood point of view??

Thanks,

Mike...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Valeriedoors

hey, I've been at a few partys/events that used an Ipod for background music and it worked really well. Just ensure your playlist can appeal to as many people as possible and will last the night. No fun hearing the same songs as few times in the night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Mike2006 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am organinsing a birthday party. There will be about 50 people at it, mostly aged 28-33. It is a buffet dinner and then drinks in a reception room in a hotel.

I was originally thinking of having a 'guy with a guitar' type entertainment but this is proving difficult to source on a tight timeline...

Has anybody been to or have any thoughts on just having a playlist set-up on an Ipod playing through the ceiling speakers as background music??

Will it work from a mood point of view??

Thanks,

Mike...

a guy with a guitar? sounds awful..

yes ipod should be fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I think you can have no gap between songs too? That would get rid of any silences.

Word of advice - be very careful not to include any song with a hidden track after it.

I had Turin Brakes "The Optimist" as one of mine at a similar function, after about 3 minutes of silence after the song I realised what was going on!!!

Just check the song timings and be suspicious of anything over 5 minutes!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

iPod is nice and simple, you can put any music you want on it, I think it'll work out well.

Suggestion: Happy Mondays is great party music!!! ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Folks,

Thanks for the tips... Good idea on the hidden tracks...
    Was talking to my brother last night and he has asome DJ software thing that will fade in/out the next song etc... so I might try that...

Am going to keep the playlist as general as I can, bit of this and bit of that.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

... and a bit of Madchester...

Advertisement