Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not recieving product thats been paid for...?

Options
  • 15-07-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I went to my local music shop on the 2nd of this month to buy 2 guitar pedals. I was told they weren't in the shop and was with thier rep. I was told that they could have the pedals in the next day and even offered to drop them out to me. They said if I paid them then and there I would be garenteed the pedals next day so I did, got my reciept and went home.

Next day the guy arrives at the door with only one pedal. He said there was a delay with the other and it wouldn't be in untill the following day (the 4th). I said fair enough and thanked him for dropping it out to me.

2 weeks on I still haven't recieved the second pedal. I've been into the shop now about 6 times only to be told by a young guy behind the counter that he'd get the boss to give me a ring at 6pm everytime. I still haven't heard a word from him.

I went into the shop today to ask for my money back as I had to buy a replacement pedal last night for a gig we had booked previously. The young guy at the counter gave his boss a call and put me on the phone. This is the first contact I've had with him since he dropped the pedal out to me the first time. He says he is getting messed around by his supplier and that it would be another while longer. I told him I wanted my money back and he said he would ring me at 6pm as he would have to get the money back from the supplier..

Needless to say I'm probably not gonna hear from him as usual and have to waste another lunch on work going down to the guy in the store and be told I'll get another phone call...

I'm NEVER one to kick up fuss about stuff like this. Usually I'd be a bit of a pushover as I know things can go wrong but what this guy is telling me is a load of crap. As far as I can see my contract is with him, not his supplier and should get a refund immediately.

Am I in the wrong here? Is there anything I can do to get my money out of these people?

Sorry for the long post but I didn't want to leave anything out... Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Krsnik87 wrote: »
    I told him I wanted my money back and he said he would ring me at 6pm as he would have to get the money back from the supplier..

Well that's a load of bollox, you don't have to wait for him to hear from his supplier, that's his problem. You have a contract with the shop, they are not fulfilling their end of that contract, and are due a refund. You could contact the national consumer agency if you don't hear back very shortly about your refund.

You can also use the small claims court. Maybe go back to the shop and let the manager know you are filing a small claims court proceeding against him. That might light a fire under him. Is it much money? SCC costs 9 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

I got my solicitor to give him a bell. He poo'd himself apperently. SHould have the money today.

Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

jor el wrote: »
    Well that's a load of bollox, you don't have to wait for him to hear from his supplier, that's his problem.
    Indeed, the guy sounds like a complete cowboy. I can understand that kind of excuse if this was some guy trading on his own and/or it was an exceptionally expensive piece of kit, but for a shop to make excuses like that is unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

It was 130 euro, enough to make my wallet cry tbh... Its a pitty that it had to come to this cause I liked that shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Usually shops pay their suppliers after they have received their goods - this is the first time I've heard of a shop pre-paying a supplier (if that is indeed what they did).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

Have you got your money back yet?

Advertisement