Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nocturnal forum general meet-ups thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Although i voted as a "maybe" i'm resigning that vote and making it a Yes, i will be there with bells and whistles on*

*may not have bells and whistles attached

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Maybe
    Although i voted as a "maybe" i'm resigning that vote and making it a Yes, i will be there with bells and whistles on*

*may not have bells and whistles attached

Changed the poll to include this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

No
    fonpokno wrote: »
    Oh dear. Mine just involve me telling the unfortunate exactly how drunk I am and who I'm dancing with and how they should be where I am dancing too and how silly they are for not being there!

It's also bizarre being the girl receiving those texts, takes so long to figure out exactly how to respond without inadvertently ripping somebody's heart out.
    You still love m thoug rihght?? :D I\mma y n e drunk.,..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

I might, seeing as I'm in Dublin - but I've no idea where Eamon Dorans is? (for shame!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Maybe
    Kazuma wrote: »
    I might, seeing as I'm in Dublin - but I've no idea where Eamon Dorans is? (for shame!)

It's in temple bar, just off the main square. It's opposite MetalMorphisis!

• Advertisement

Maybe
    Here's a map. It's a bit poo though

eamonndoranmap.jpg

Simplest way of finding it is to cross the liffey to the southside of Dublin accross the hapenny bridge (the southside of Dublin is the side with Trinity College, not the side with the Spire. the hapenny bridge is the rickety old bridge next to O connell bridge.)

After crossing the bridge you will walk under an arch. Keep walking for about 15 seconds dead straight and you will pass a big red cafe called the Badd ass. Can't miss it.

Just after the bad ass there will be eamo doranns on your left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    Alternately anyone who doesn't know how to get where we will be can just PM me and i will meet you somewhere than you do know.

No problem like!:pac:

Maybe
    I'll be outside the front gates of trinity at 7 on the day if anyone really really can't find Eamon Doranns.

I look like this:

662323039a3407178913b493268641l.jpg

Will be wearing a leather waist coat. So if you cant spot a chubby guy with a shaved head goatee beard and a leather waist coat you have more trouble than being able to find Eamon doranns. :)

Note to others- if people want to head to eamo's earilier to secure seating, we should prob do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Thanks both of yas!
    Will probably be there!

No
    Kazuma wrote: »
    Thanks both of yas!
    Will probably be there!
    Well that will be interesting! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    SDooM wrote: »
    Note to others- if people want to head to eamo's earilier to secure seating, we should prob do that.

Probably a good idea what with it being a friday and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

No

Yup, i'll be there super early (presumably with Mirror, Bryn and Futurecrook in tow!)

anywhere in particular that people would like us to be? I'm not too familiar with doran myself...

No
    Yup, i'll be there super early (presumably with Mirror, Bryn and Futurecrook in tow!)

anywhere in particular that people would like us to be? I'm not too familiar with doran myself...
    Good question actually, I've never sat in Dorans, I'm always out in the smoking area...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    The extra upstairs bit next to the nice big open windows tends to be the place where the music isn't too loud and you can have a conversation.

Maybe

If we could swing the seats by the open window in the alcove upstairs that would be pure liquid awesome.

No
    Loverly! is that the bit kinda behind you when you walk in?

No
    If we could swing the seats by the open window in the alcove upstairs that would be pure liquid awesome.
    Well depending on what time I hit Dublin at, maybe I will swing in there early and try and grab them, fon you're working until 6 aren't you?

Maybe
    Loverly! is that the bit kinda behind you when you walk in?
    The same place but one story up. There's a first story to eamo's there and there's bay windows which open onto the street. That'd be great the two of ye. I may head in for 6 and meet you and get a bit of dutch courage!

No
    Mirror wrote: »
    Well depending on what time I hit Dublin at, maybe I will swing in there early and try and grab them, fon you're working until 6 aren't you?

Yup and shall be straight down no doubt, couldn't be bothered with goin home!
    The same place but one story up. There's a first story to eamo's there and there's bay windows which open onto the street. That'd be great the two of ye. I may head in for 6 and meet you and get a bit of dutch courage!

Yep i know where you're talking about! Sure what'd you be needing dutch courage for??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    Maybe he meant Dutch Gold... they tend not to serve that in bars..

• Advertisement

Maybe
    Maybe he meant Dutch Gold... they tend not to serve that in bars..

:) I like drinking INSIDE pubs, thank you very much!

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    The extra upstairs bit next to the nice big open windows tends to be the place where the music isn't too loud and you can have a conversation.

Agreed. I think we should make that our base of operations. Should fit us all without being too crowded or open.

edit: so, a pose to meet up at 6 and establish the command center?

Maybe
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Agreed. I think we should make that our base of operations. Should fit us all without being too crowded or open.

edit: so, a pose to meet up at 6 and establish the command center?

Yeah, sadly the Doom does not know any of you in real life (yet) so I shall be coming on my own armed with an optimus and perhaps an ultra magnus (crappy one I don't mind if he gets damaged :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    I'll be in pretty early as well, straight after work style. If anyone is in that alcove area i can just ask them to leave.

It's worked before. I just make up some sob story about my "girlfriend leaving the country for a year and we have loads of people coming in. Tis our last night together for a year, do us the favour?".

Yeah, i know. I'm a wanker. :pac:

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    Like I said, Ill come in full Punisher gear. If that doesn't scream Nocturnal nothing will.

No
    Yeah, sadly the Doom does not know any of you in real life (yet) so I shall be coming on my own armed with an optimus and perhaps an ultra magnus (crappy one I don't mind if he gets damaged :) )

I'll no doubt ambush you so don't be too scared of the crazy girl dressed in green...
    Dragan wrote: »
    I'll be in pretty early as well, straight after work style. If anyone is in that alcove area i can just ask them to leave.

It's worked before. I just make up some sob story about my "girlfriend leaving the country for a year and we have loads of people coming in. Tis our last night together for a year, do us the favour?".

Yeah, i know. I'm a wanker. :pac:

ahahahaha you're goin straight to hell! i love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    i actually have no idea when this is on but i'm free anyways.

*EDIT* just saw the poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Supermegaxwiijagcast

I can join you guys early if you don't mind

No

Yep sounds like a master plan! God I'm really looking forward to this now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'm gonna +1 this as i'm gonna get in there early myself.

Oh you guys think a t-shirt, combats and k-swiss are enough to get in or will i actually have to get dressed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    i'll be there early too so.

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    Yep sounds like a master plan! God I'm really looking forward to this now! :D

Should be fun, always nice meeting new people

Oh you guys think a t-shirt, combats and k-swiss are enough to get in or will i actually have to get dressed?

That should be fine, Dorans is fairly relaxed

No

It's Dorans. You could show up naked...:P

No

sounds alright to me! The sad thing is I already know what i'm wearing...

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    sounds alright to me! The sad thing is I already know what i'm wearing...

You are a girl you are allowed :p

• Advertisement

No
    You are a girl you are allowed :p

But it's many weeks away. I shouldn't know what I'm wearing. I don't do that sort of thing! i bet ya the particular jeans will now be eaten by the washing machine or somethin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i demand presents and dancing.
    i also demand i dont have to dance.
    also, someone wear corsetty things.
    that is all for now.
    21st birthday woooo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Can I come too?
    I haz no corsets but I can rap in icelandic. Or at least I think I can.

No
    Nerin wrote: »
    i demand presents and dancing.
    i also demand i dont have to dance.
    also, someone wear corsetty things.
    that is all for now.
    21st birthday woooo!!!!

I will bring you gifts and dance. I don't own a corset though...
    Can I come too?
    I haz no corsets but I can rap in icelandic. Or at least I think I can.

Yes! You have to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Supermegaxwiijagcast
    I may just whip out a corset for this occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

No
    Did I hear that people are meeting up early? I'm game if ye's want me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

oh I can also meet up early I think. If that's OK with the lords of promptness that is.

No
    LovelyTom wrote: »
    Did I hear that people are meeting up early? I'm game if ye's want me :P
    oh I can also meet up early I think. If that's OK with the lords of promptness that is.

Yep super earliness seems to be the way of the Nocturnals. Strange really. We just like our many many hours of drinking! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Ok i might go to these beers as i was far too new the last time to go, only signed up the night before.
    Ok now im officially Carlow, (not Steve) due to way too many steves here already im told!
    Id def be up for a few on the 16th, good way to meet the crowd from here.

No
    Stevecw wrote: »
    Ok i might go to these beers as i was far too new the last time to go, only signed up the night before.
    Ok now im officially Carlow, (not Steve) due to way too many steves here already im told!
    Id def be up for a few on the 16th, good way to meet the crowd from here.

But if we just call everyone steve it'll make life so much easier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

^ Im happy with that. So im me again :)
    Great so girls any guy u see, just say steve & chances are you wont be far off!

No
    You tell 'em SteveDave!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maybe
    Update:
    I've decided to go on a holiday at the start of September, so will be cutting back on expendature. This means I'll either be there, but not for too long or outside the venue drinking Buckfast with the smokers or something :D

No
    Kharn wrote: »
    Update:
    I've decided to go on a holiday at the start of September, so will be cutting back on expendature. This means I'll either be there, but not for too long or outside the venue drinking Buckfast with the smokers or something :D
    I'll see you there so! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

No
    Kharn wrote: »
    Update:

Mind if i join you? Buckie on the street is a classy night!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement