Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Coupe - Opinions Wanted...

Options
  • 15-07-2008 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I'v looked through the latest MaxPower and seen a special on a Hyundai Coupe, they look like a car with good potential for mod'ing...

Any opinions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'v looked through the latest MaxPower and seen a special on a Hyundai Coupe, they look like a car with good potential for mod'ing...

Any opinions??

fine if you want a car with no power and handles like a shoppin trolley

**max power wouldn't be the best place to look for ideas on what car to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

yeah i know but it shows what is possible with any car ya know??
    Ah ill see if your tellin the truth next week, hopefully getting a test drive over the weekend

Which version is it?

the mark II is an improvement than the mark one and has the 2litre engine but there's still plenty of cars out there that are much better for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

he aint lying, there pieces of sh1t.

go read about them on the net. if ur after performance forget about it

draffodx wrote: »
    Which version is it?

the mark II is an improvement than the mark one and has the 2litre engine but there's still plenty of cars out there that are much better for the money
    it'd be something along the lines of this... the 1.6 model...

Including me trade in ill ave about 12k.... wat would ya do in my shoes??

• Advertisement

it'd be something along the lines of this... the 1.6 model...

Including me trade in ill ave about 12k.... wat would ya do in my shoes??

well it depends what your after, the 1.6 will be very slow but it doesn't look too bad, if your not after that fast a car then its ok

draffodx wrote: »
    well it depends what your after, the 1.6 will be very slow but it doesn't look too bad, if your not after that fast a car then its ok

yeah cause in this day and age ya can hardly really push it to the limit in the city centre ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Get your copy of max power and burn it as its an over simplified and often misleading advice.

Unless you have a very large budget getting power out of a coupe isnt going to happen. To be honest a honda civic will be quicker off the mark.

All that work to get 200bhp at the fly?
    http://www.hyundaicoupe.info/mine/index.html?page=mycoupe&menu=m_welcome
    http://www.hyundaicoupe.info/tuning/

Id much rather have an Fto personally. The engine has a little more power and is begging for ITBs and a vems ECU (yes its a lancer in the video but it is a 6a12)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UXYzAgrpGQ

Get your copy of max power and burn it as its an over simplified and often misleading advice.

Unless you have a very large budget getting power out of a coupe isnt going to happen. To be honest a honda civic will be quicker off the mark.

All that work to get 200bhp at the fly?
    http://www.hyundaicoupe.info/mine/index.html?page=mycoupe&menu=m_welcome
    http://www.hyundaicoupe.info/tuning/

Id much rather have an Fto personally. The engine has a little more power and is begging for ITBs and a vems ECU (yes its a lancer in the video but it is a 6a12)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UXYzAgrpGQ

ah i know about maxpower but the styling of it was good.. i'd rather take the advice of the forum users then a mag ya know????

i wanted to try get something after 03, 04 and when i seen the coupe thought it looked well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

ah i know about maxpower but the styling of it was good.. i'd rather take the advice of the forum users then a mag ya know????

i wanted to try get something after 03, 04 and when i seen the coupe thought it looked well?

If your just going for a kitted look and a fairly standard car. Looks are what the coupe is all about and the sales numbers speak for themselves.
    The car looks perfectly fine beside cars many times many times its price.

It looks well and is a safe reliable car and if your interest in the car is for cosmetic modification is defiantly suitable.

The performance of the car is the only issue i have with it.
    Hense my personal preference for the FTO.

• Advertisement

yeah its more so show than go cause this day in age your hard pushed to get out of 3rd gear in dublin...:mad:..

Im the type that after doing a car up i want to show it off ya know? however each to their own at the end of the day...

but tbh it does look more powerful than the 1.6 it is..or is that just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i would rather have a normal looking car that had the performance than a car done up to the nines that wouldnt pull snow off a rope.

ur sitting at the lights in ur 03 coupe with thousands spent and a chick pulls up beside you in a 98 civic, not even a vtec. guess who pulls away first!!

all show, no go = fail.

if i was you i would buy a civic vtec or something. you should get insured fine and theyre a great car. plus hondas ar bombproof.

why have a car that looks good but has absolutly no power, i just cant see the mentality of it

ah id probably have her me car doing the pulling haha...but yeah i understand your point.... ah i want to try stay away from the old skul civics, theres just too many of them around...

if you had 12k to spend, what insurance friendly car would you buy? (insurance wise, had me full licence about 4 months now and insurance on a 2006 1.6 lancer is 1600yoyos....)

and i know each to their own but no glanzas, old civics or corsas....biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 5803emma

the coupes are beautiful lookin cars but they're ten a penny these days, i'm drivin an fto an she's a beauty!! :p love that mivec roar :cool:

5803emma wrote: »
    the coupes are beautiful lookin cars but they're ten a penny these days, i'm drivin an fto an she's a beauty!! :p love that mivec roar :cool:

yeah there nice but wouldnt be me cup a tea.. was at training last night and one of the lads came down in a nissan 180.. whoppa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 5803emma

yeah the 180s are in a league of their own, s15 sylvia anyone?? :)

5803emma wrote: »
    yeah the 180s are in a league of their own, s15 sylvia anyone?? :)

yup their massive this one is 20 g's on carzone
    CB4_1067462_1_354916.jpg
    me mates on about the honda civic coupe
    gal_lg6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

CB4_1067462_1_354916.jpg

Its so worth 20gs its a real head turner, you dont see many of those around

Vain wrote: »
    CB4_1067462_1_354916.jpg