Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Coupe

Options
  • 15-07-2008 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I'v looked through the latest MaxPower and seen a special on a Hyundai Coupe, they look like a car with good potential for mod'ing...

Any opinions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Just a thought but you may be in the wrong forum. There is a whole forum for modified motors here.

Coupes are a nice car. G/f has one and I love driving it. Very smooth drive and quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

Coupes are a nice car. G/f has one and I love driving it. Very smooth drive and quick enough.[/quote]

yeah but is it a burd's car.?? a few of me mates have said it is and a few say its a good choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

moved to modified cars from main motors forum

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

yeah but is it a burd's car.?? a few of me mates have said it is and a few say its a good choice...

So the real question is do you buy a car you like or do your mates' opinions choose one for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Not really. I wouldn't consider it a birds car, Would consider buying one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have one at the moment and its good fun to drive.

Look at some of the pics for available mods on the 02 version:

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyling/Cars/Hyundai-Coupe-2002.php

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I have one at the moment and its good fun to drive.

Look at some of the pics for available mods on the 02 version:

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyling/Cars/Hyundai-Coupe-2002.php
    thanks for that

Any chance of getting a few photos of it up on the thread?

with getting the parts would i be handier driving over to england and getting them fitted??

ah id be buying it cause i want it ya know? but you'd have to have thick skin woth a few of my mates ha..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Haven't changed my own...but there is good potential in the coupes.
    I wont be modding either, reluctantly selling it at the moment.

Dont worry bout your mates, one of mine is a huge car geek and hated me for buying it. But when he had a spin in it he changed his tune.

yeah everyone out my way has the little glanzas and civics, I want to be different,..:D

I just seen this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Wouldn't go for one myself, never liked the look of them at all! But to each their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Prefer the earlier models to the later quadlamped versions, thogh the most recent one isn't too bad. I haven't driven one, but they are an above average drive. I'd go for the V6 over the 1.6, and I'd definitely avoid ricing it up. That last one looks like a NFS reject.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

know a couple of people that have driven / owned one and said they were sh1te.

chicks do love them though.

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Prefer the earlier models to the later quadlamped versions, thogh the most recent one isn't too bad. I haven't driven one, but they are an above average drive. I'd go for the V6 over the 1.6, and I'd definitely avoid ricing it up. That last one looks like a NFS reject.
    well most that would be done is tints, (Dont know if you seen me ibiza with the "illegal" tints.), alloys, ice install

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

but they are an above average drive.
    I haven't driven one,

If you include vehicles that aren't meant to be remotely sporty like buses, then the Coupe might be above average. If you're comparing it with other cars for the same money, then it's very much below average.

I'd go for the V6 over the 1.6,
    I haven't driven one,

The 2.7 V6 only produces 162bhp, which for a car that will cost you €1,109 a year to tax, just isn't enough.

Advertisement