Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tracking my limo. info req/

Options
  • 15-07-2008 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

i got to keep this legal. ive a sneaky feeling my driver is wandering around the city . the milage on the clock dosnt add up at all . 40 miles approx every night too much
    from runs we do etc . whats the best little device to get to see where the car . wwhitch i own is going? redfan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Red Fan you own a limo?????

Don't those O2 XPDA's do something like that?

i.e. digicabs

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Look @ THIS
    especially this bit : Professional reporting
    Make automatic logbooks of driving time, times of standstill and habits for tax, for KM registration, pay roll and expense accounting. Receive daily, weekly or monthly reports containing exact data your company requires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

want somthing i an stick under the wheel arch and track its where abouts .
    anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bug-GPS-CAR-TRACKER-spy-tracking-device-vehicle-system_W0QQitemZ370066650125QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370066650125
    what do you guys think of this item? seems to give or do what i need .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

redfan wrote: »
    want somthing i an stick under the wheel arch and track its where abouts .
    anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bug-GPS-CAR-TRACKER-spy-tracking-device-vehicle-system_W0QQitemZ370066650125QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item370066650125
    what do you guys think of this item? seems to give or do what i need .

That will do the job for you OK, I'm sure you read the full description so you are aware that that unit does'nt give you live tracking, you have to remove the unit from the car and download the log, so you won't have the chance to phone the driver and say "Jimmy what the eff are you doing there" and tell him where he is.

But if his drives follow a pattern you will probably be able to sit and wait for him to turn up after a few nights of checks...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

yeah i heard live tracking ones for 200 pounds ish are shte you would need to pay 500 plus for a decent one .
    i kind of just want to play with the gadget too. and the magnetic box to clip on to the outside of the car sounds way cool 99euro all in nice deal i think

anyone looking for limo services, ill give a 10%discount to boards members..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Is there any business you're not in? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 10 halosecurity.ie

Hi Redfan, it would be best to fit a tracking system, covertly, inside the car. This way you can benefit from 'live tracking' with positional updates as frequent as 20 seconds.

If done professionally, it will be completely invisible -even the antennae!

You can then monitor his whereabouts from any PC with an Internet connection.

Mag-mount or Magnetic Vehicle Tracking Systems have to perform a wake/sleep cycle in order to preserve precious battery-life. This means they may position the vehicle every 30 mins or so but still only give you, realistically, 3 days of info between recharges. Remember, a tracking system is both a mobile phone & GPS receiver-in-one -that's a lot of kit to keep cranking without a power source! ;)

Reply if you need more help...

Advertisement