Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im So ANNOYED!!!

Options
  • 15-07-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I don't really know what I'm trying to acheive by posting here,:confused: I suppose I'm just having a rant!!

Last week my car was damaged outside my job, it was parked in it's usual spot but somebody crashed into the side of it.
    The wing on the passenger side is damaged, about €800 worth
    I've been on to the insurance company and I'm going to lose my No Claims Bonus if I claim and my premium will go up by 30% AND because I'm under 25 my excess is €315 :mad:

So there's really no point in me going through my ins which means I have to pay for it myself and I can't afford to right now all because some @sshole didn't have the balls to leave a note :mad::mad:

Arrrrrrrrgh

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Commiserations. It's a horrible thing to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Would you have left a note if it was you that had crashed into someone?

This is of little consolation to you, but exact same thing happened to my car yesterday. I have no idea how much it will cost but it will definitely not be an insurance job.

Perhaps if you go back to where you got the original quote but tell them you have to fork out for it youself, they might be a little more sympathetic. I would get more than on estimate also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Sympathetic insurance company..... They don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Was there no cctv on any of the buildings that might have caught the incident on tape? If you could get something like that then you could claim of the other persons insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Yes.

Sympathetic insurance company..... They don't exist.

I was referring to the panel beater/s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'd like to think I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭boa-constrictor

Obviously you wouldn't have.

Classy.

There are only two kinds of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Obviously you wouldn't have.

Classy.

There are only two kinds of people.

I don't drive, therefore it doesn't apply to me.

Don't make assumptions about people you do not know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement