Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sneem/Castlecove area

Options
  • 15-07-2008 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I will be on holidays in this lovely part of the world...2 quick queries about this area - are there any local swimming pools, so i can bring my kids swimming if the weather is really bad...I know there are pools in places like Tralee etc but they are too far to go to really....and 2nd query - no connection apart from location! - are there are any pubs with proper trad music sessions (ie not pub ballads and other such sh**te) but jigs, reels etc, again in the Sneem/Castlecove area?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I'd say sneem would be your best bet for trad music but you could try caherdaniel as well. There was an out door swimming pool in the Derrynane hotel
    there is probably one in the parknasilla hotel but I have my doubts about access I suppose ringing them up might be an idea.

Kenmare might have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Shame about the timing unless your heading there this week-end? ... but ...

Their is the Munster Fleadh on at the moment in nearby Kenmare and this Friday alone has:

Friday 18th July

10.00am - Scoil Fonn agus Amhran

10.00am - Polka & Slide Playing Work Shop

6.30pm – Outdoor Concert (Break @ 7pm for 1hr)

7.00pm – Fancy Dress Parade

8.00pm – Official Opening Ceremony

Senior Set Dancing Competition (GAA Hall)

8.30pm – Outdoor Concert (Resume)

10.00pm – Mixed Ceili

Singers Club

Fun Fair

Sesion Trail

check out
    http://munsterfleadh.moonfruit.com/
    or
    http://comhaltas.ie/events/detail/munster_fleadh_2008/

Their is also a Sneem Family Festival from 23-27th July

has a ceili in the Sneem Hotel on Friday 25th July

Very few places have that type of music and sessions anymore down this way. Even in Killarney where they used to have one weekly in a certain place, no longer have them as interest dwindled.

You're unfortunately more likely to find your usual, now more common diddly-I than you are to find a good ceili ... bar the odd bar back in Dingle

Advertisement