Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League 2008/09 Buster Competition.

• 15-07-2008 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

What is this?

A Buster is a competition on which you can win some money.

How does it work?

Each week there are a number of games in the Premier League, involving each team.

You get to pick a team each week, a team you think will win.

If that team does win, you stay in the Buster and get to pick a team the next week, if they lose or draw, you are out.

What's the catch?

You can only pick a team once. So, you can't keep on picking Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool. Some week you'll probably have to pick Middlesborough, but with a bit of luck it'll be the weekend they are playing Stoke. :D

What if everyone gets out at the same time?

If there is a gameweek in which every remaining competitor is put out, then the same competitors roll on to the next week. The people who got out in previous rounds do not get an extra life.

How do I sign up for this?

Myself and Tusky ran the Euro 2008 Boards.ie Sweepsteak, everyone who wanted in on that sent their money to the account which I use for the Boards.ie Football Team, so I'll do the same again this time round.

Once we have a winner, I'll transfer the winnings on to you.

How much does it cost?

We'll say a tenner (€10) for the first time.

Are numbers limited?

Nope, in fact the more the better, it makes for a bigger prize fund.

Sounds good, what do I do?

Post here and express your interest, and then I'll PM you with the bank transfer details, so you can get the money sent.

Please, put either your own name, or your user name, on the transfer slip, so I can keep a record of who has paid.

Do not post here saying "Oh, I sent money, but I forgot to put my name on the transfer", lads, we all can use a computer, so it's not that hard.

I'll keep a running record of who is left in, and post regular updates in this thread. It will run once, and if successful, I'll run it until the end of the season.

I'll probably need someone to help me run this thing, a there could be times when I'm away. I'll look after all financial sides of it, just someone else to keep an eye on things, if I can't.

So, any interest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Since im in the circle ill have to join.
    Its great that Alan cant join as he is outside the circle.
    That is all, goodbye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Intriguing game of course it means ending up with Stoke at some point doesn't it?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Yeah count me in

Do this with a few mates. Its good craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

mike65 wrote: »
    Intriguing game of course it means ending up with Stoke at some point doesn't it?

Mike.

Not necessarily, no.

Like, I'd kind of expect everyone to pick the "Big 6" in the first few weeks. If one of them loses, bang, all them people are gone.

So, it could run for only three weeks, and nobody would have had to pick Stoke.

Of course, if it got to the stage where Stoke was an option, and everyone ended up picking them, then everyone would be out together...

I've never known one of these competitions to get near anything like 16/17/18 weeks though. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Id be up for this

Can i just say.

Anyone who is strapped for cash, please enter this instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

count me in!! can you forward me more details so I can enter

jamesozzie wrote: »
    count me in!! can you forward me more details so I can enter

Yes, but not straight away.

Your name is here, so I'll know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Can i pay through paypal des?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah I'll need to pay via paypal too.

Dun laoire wrote: »
    Can i pay through paypal des?

Can Paypal transfer to a bank account?

If not, then I'm afraid not, I don't want to have money to deal with coming from different sources. I'd prefer to have the money going to a single acocunt, so I can keep track. Easier for me to keep track of that way.

I just don't want there to be people screaming at me "I paid this way, I paid that way, where's my money gone" etc etc. So sorry if it's inconvenient, but this is the only way I can accept money.

Some people, for the Euro 2008 thing, got others to pay for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Yeah I'd be up for that. Count me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Des wrote: »
    Can Paypal transfer to a bank account?

If not, then I'm afraid not, I don't want to have money to deal with coming from different sources. I'd prefer to have the money going to a single acocunt, so I can keep track. Easier for me to keep track of that way.

I just don't want there to be people screaming at me "I paid this way, I paid that way, where's my money gone" etc etc. So sorry if it's inconvenient, but this is the only way I can accept money.

Some people, for the Euro 2008 thing, got others to pay for them.

To be honest des i'm not sure. I don't personally have a credit card but i do trade on ebay etc.. and use the brothers details but it's always through paypal so i'm just used to working that way. Anyway i can check with himself hopefully he'll get me in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Count me in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Me too. I was so close to winning this in work a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

When do we have to fully decide if we're in or not? I prob will do it, but just see until I get some money together(yes €10 is a lot to me now)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Count me in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My brother did something like this last year with some friends....should we not get an extra life, so one wrong and ya get another chance, but two wrong and your gone? It'll extend it out just a bit. Oh and i'm pretty sure I will enter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement