Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selector Switch Issue. Need expert advice.

Options
  • 15-07-2008 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I got a CA mp5a4 which had selector issues from day 1. Firing on full auto when in semi and would fire in single mode without much pressure when in safety. I replaced the selector switch and the problem persisted. There has never been no problems with full auto, but now I can even get ocassional bursts of full auto with the selector set to safety.
    I understand this is very common but can't seem to find any solid info on the issue.
    So, I have a photoset below which shows the situation in the mechbox when in full auto and safety modes; perhaps someone can spot something or knows what to replace?

selector_problem.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Airfish

I found this advice on another forum, and it may well be the issue.

"If you have to open the mechbox, check that the foot on the cut off is actually engaging the switch block and flicking it up...you'll have to kind of hold things in place with both hands to do this"

Has anyone done this?

Advertisement