Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak in wall / floor

Options
  • 15-07-2008 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

ok just to give a picture of what we're dealing with...at the end of our hall we have two adjoining ensuits from the bedrooms either side of the hall.
    anyway for some time the wall between the two ensuits has water damage - it looks as if there's a leak somewhere. we resealed both showers and thought the problem would go away however the other day i noticed that the flooring in the hall (at the end wall of the two ensuits) has water damage!
    any suggestions as to what this can be please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Is the water damage high up on the walls? I'd be inclined to say the leak is in the waste outlet somewhere...shower trays are heavy and can crack a plastic waste pipe during fitting. I'm not a plumber, but have seen a few water leaks in ceilings and such and waste pipes are usually the culprit when it's not a radiator or heating pipe.

Advertisement